test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission issue (Destiny) - Current event (encrypted klingon receiver).

The Encrypted Klingon Receiver in my inventory has lists of "objectives" which grant rewards but at least one is badly bugged resulting in a large unclaimable reward.

Slay Enemies of the Empire Objective - take out 5 NPC's that show up in specific missions, the first 4 are fine and obtainable but the 5th is meant to show up in the "Destiny" mission during the "Fek'Ihri episode" and grants 1000 dilithium, 1 mill energy creds and an item.

The issue is that the target NPC doesn't show up ANYWHERE in that mission, I get the notification of "a priorty target is in this area" but can never find them even after repeatedly doing the mission to make sure it's not a one off issue, it is repeatedly doing it in the exact same places during that mission. With no target comes no reward so I'm guessing they are spawning in, but are being spawned in outside the reachable map area which is a pretty serious mistake to make and I'm surprised it wasn't picked up during testing.

Please fix this ASAP, it'd be nice to be able to say you guys fix bugs instead of ignoring the players when we find and report them.

Comments

• mjmarvel#9777 mjmarvel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hope they fix it soon because I am having the same problem. I have done the mission about 5 times and still isn't showing up.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I did not have this issue and was able to claim the reward, but I also don't remember actually fighting the "priority target".
  • proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Just been playing around with this as I didn't see him on my first run through of the Fek'Ihri Return missions. I've read accounts of Muhwi in the Destiny mission spawning in ceilings or floors and being unreachable as a result. Anyhoo, I played it a second time and had the same problem. Got the notification the priority target was in the area, but there was no sign of him. Kept restarting the mission to play through it again and finally succeeded after the fourth attempt.

Just to be clear on the way I completed that first ground level when I found Muhwi. That's BEFORE you take a turbolift to Engineering. There are four target areas with green circles. I cleared the top left one first, then the top right, moved down to the bottom right and finally to the bottom left which contains the largest room. Towards the end of clearing that final large room, Muhwi appeared on the scene. You'll know him when you see him as he has an icon over his head, whereas the cannon fodder Fek'Ihri demons don't. It took a while to finally get it, but one consolation was that by using the Bat'leth my melee kill count has increased by a healthy amount.

I don't know if the order in which you complete the targeted areas has any bearing on whether he shows up or not. It could well be just random luck.

I hope this help anyone who might be having problems with this Klingon Recruitment reward.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    He seems to spawn mostly in the ceiling or the floor, but he can spawn in the right place allowing you to fight him.
    Still, a fix for this issue would be nice.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Had this happen once. But I simply aborted the mission and start again back on the Emperors ship. It seems he does fail to appear sometimes, you don't need to restart the entire mission again though, just abort and continue the mission again. It means having to clear the first level of the ship again, if you haven't found him before you go to the engineering section, then restart it again. At least you can get some more melee kills under your belt.