test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Argala system patrol spawns Malon instead of Kazon

captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
edited March 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Argala system patrol has been spawning Malon ships instead of Kazon despite the fact that the objective list and mission dialogue all indicate you're facing Kazon. The patrol originally spawned Kazon up until the last year or two. Unfortunately I'm not certain the exact timeframe in which this started happening, so 1-2 years is my best guess (I recall playing this patrol around that long ago and it was bugged like this then too).
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    The enemy used to spawn was random from a selection of Kazon, Hirogen and Malon. There may have been more...
    When they revamped it in 2018 (?), I believe the enemy was supposed to always be Kazon.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    Actually it has always been variable. You can also get Hirogen.

Okay, but the problem is that the dialogue popups as well as the mission objectives all show or say you're facing Kazon. Hence why this is a bug.
  • Options
    rejaqrejaq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    A long time ago when the mission first launched it used to be just Kazon, then they did the first of several repositioning of the mission within the story flow and added Malon and Hirogen. The dialogue never got updated, pretty sure it was listed as a bug years ago and like many cosmetic bugs will likely not get fixed.
    quote-you-might-as-well-aim-high-why-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-when-you-can-shoot-yourself-william-shatner-133-45-82.jpg
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    rejaq wrote: »
    A long time ago when the mission first launched it used to be just Kazon...
    I'll have to disagree with you, there - I vividly recall the first time I played it when Delta Rising was released.
    I was highly confused that all these Malon ships I was fighting had a Kazon leader in the dialog fly-in at the beginning of the 5th round.
    The random enemy selection was there at launch, but was removed when the Delta Quadrant patrols were added to the Patrol launcher.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    rejaq wrote: »
    A long time ago when the mission first launched it used to be just Kazon...
    I'll have to disagree with you, there - I vividly recall the first time I played it when Delta Rising was released.
    I was highly confused that all these Malon ships I was fighting had a Kazon leader in the dialog fly-in at the beginning of the 5th round.
    The random enemy selection was there at launch, but was removed when the Delta Quadrant patrols were added to the Patrol launcher.

I only remember Kazon spawning the first several years after the release of DR.
  • Options
    o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    The enemy used to spawn was random from a selection of Kazon, Hirogen and Malon. There may have been more...
    When they revamped it in 2018 (?), I believe the enemy was supposed to always be Kazon.

That's right, originally it was Kazon, Malon or Hirogen, but since the revamp it's supposed to be Kazon only. I played Argala lots of times since then and I only had Kazon so far.

~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~