test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XBOX ONE: no options to hide ingame flyins

Hello I am writing this to point out that on xbox one there is no option to hide ingame flyins I've looked high and low and could not find it.
Tagged:

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Sorry don't play on console. But if the mini map is the same as pc on the far right there should be a down arrow. On there you should find things life credits dil exhange etc and one saying notification settings. Under there you can check or uncheck boxes for various flyins or chat.

Hope is of help :)
  • discodragonftw#5507 discodragonftw Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Sorry don't play on console. But if the mini map is the same as pc on the far right there should be a down arrow. On there you should find things life credits dil exhange etc and one saying notification settings. Under there you can check or uncheck boxes for various flyins or chat.

nope its completely different all the mini map on console does is show where you are, level, and level progress
    max#3995 wrote: »

nope its completely different all the mini map on console does is show where you are, level, and level progress

Dang Sorry I couldn't of been more help.
    max#3995 wrote: »

Dang Sorry I couldn't of been more help.

I know of another console player who might be able to help @garaffe Can you solve this?
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Explain to me what a flyin is, and maybe I can help.
    edited March 2021
    garaffe wrote: »
    Explain to me what a flyin is, and maybe I can help.

Admin announcements, Gameplay announcements, Friends logging on or off, Inventory, mission etc.

On pc we can turn them on or off. Have them fly across the screen or in chat

• discodragonftw#5507 discodragonftw Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Explain to me what a flyin is, and maybe I can help.[/quthe ote]

the things that say so and so has one a ship or so and so has loged on/ off
    As far as I am aware, there is no option to hide those.

Compared to PC, the Console UI is complete TRIBBLE.
    There are so many options/function that do not exist on Console, hiding these flyins is just one.
    Another thing that I miss from when I played on PC years ago is the ability to rearrange the HUD.
    edited March 2021
    As far as I am aware, there is no option to hide those.

Compared to PC, the Console UI is complete TRIBBLE.
    There are so many options/function that do not exist on Console, hiding these flyins is just one.
    Another thing that I miss from when I played on PC years ago is the ability to rearrange the HUD.

Dangggggg seems that (no disrespect to the devs) the console version is a very cheap knock off of the PC version. Thank for responding BTW.

Appreciated
    Dangggggg seems that (no disrespect to the devs) the console version is a very cheap knock off of the PC version.

The console version IS a very cheap, poorly designed port of the PC version.
    * No custom power levels option, only presets.
    * Radial menus for powers with limited hot keys
    * very limited auto-execute options for non-bound powers
    * no carrier commands
    * I've heard there are some ships missing
    * Things missing from C-store including the Delta Rising Expansion Pack with account reclaimable Reman BOFF
    * HUD is not customizable
    * UI options are minimal
    * No auto-fire torpedos
    * I could go on, but you get the picture

All that being said, I love STO, but I wish the devs would put some effort into the console versions.