test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyler's Duality and Temporary Hit Points

gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
Tyler's duality is +Critical Chance based on Hull Capacity. There are multiple ways in game to add HPs to one's ship. Do these temp hit points factor into to the Tyler's Duality + Crit dynamic? Thanks in advance.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Depends on what you mean by temp hit points.

If you're talking about buffs that give +X% max hull, then yes they do.

If you're talking about buffs that give +X temporary hull, then no they don't.
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    sci321 wrote: »

Oh that's an interesting distinction I didn't consider. I'll give an example to make sure I understand what you're saying.

The universal console Hull Image Refractors says that "Incoming Heals exceeding max Hull instead apply as temporary Hit Points for 30 sec." For simplicity's sake, let's just say I have 100k hull and am at 100% hull capacity. I then receive some kind of hull heal that applies HPs (Aux2Siff, Hazard, etc.). Based on what you're saying, these additional HPs over 100k would not contribute to the Tyler's Duality formula (+5% crit chance based on Hull Capacity max 7.5%). Do I have it right?

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User

Oh that's an interesting distinction I didn't consider. I'll give an example to make sure I understand what you're saying.

The universal console Hull Image Refractors says that "Incoming Heals exceeding max Hull instead apply as temporary Hit Points for 30 sec." For simplicity's sake, let's just say I have 100k hull and am at 100% hull capacity. I then receive some kind of hull heal that applies HPs (Aux2Siff, Hazard, etc.). Based on what you're saying, these additional HPs over 100k would not contribute to the Tyler's Duality formula (+5% crit chance based on Hull Capacity max 7.5%). Do I have it right?
    As someone who has both console and trait, that is correct.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User

As someone who has both console and trait, that is correct.

Thanks, I appreciate the confirmation.
This discussion has been closed.