Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    Yea good clarification above.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »
    Well there it is.... KDF are going to get 3 or 4 leg packs instead of getting one proper one. I really hope the sales on the first KDF bundle sucked. When you think Cryptic can't get any greedier... they. Never mind what am I saying, we all knew this was coming. lol

Bingo!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    I'm definitely going to get this ship. Even though one char has a Kelvin D7 and also a Legendary Vor'cha that I've setup kinda like a modernized D7/K't'inga. (Thanks to Kamarag/K'maj parts.) I want to see pics of the underside of the Romulan skin too. Intel isn't my favorite spec (enemies tend to die too quick for gather intel) but I'm not so worried about that. Thanks to Cross Faction Flying, this ship should be available to Fed Romulans too. (For anyone without Cross Faction Flying unlocked, the level boost used on a KDF char ought to cause that to be unlocked as well.)

As far as the level boost pack, it's been said before with the other packs that you can use them on a level 65 character and get all the other benefits. (Since my recruit isn't 65 yet I'll use it on her.) Also note, the costumes should unlock for the Temporal D7 if you get the Legendary D7. The Disco D7 and Kelvin D7 I assume are on different skeletons. And the skeletons are usually what determine which ship costumes are compatible. (With the possible exception of the low tier Galaxy class and it's low tier costumes that are separate from the T5 Galaxy Refit and it's costumes.)

As far as stats, the stats listed are different from the Legendary B'rel, so other then the section title mistake, I think they're the stats as is.

And as far as the console inspired by TAS, we already have Tribbles inspired from that same episode. :)

Hi! I just wanted to say that this is a very good posting. Thanks for the good information.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    So far, the average cost of a KDF legendary is 8250 zen, while the average cost of a Fed legendary is 3464 zen.
    There are now 3 KDF legendaries, while there are 14 Fed legendaries.

Roms have one legendary at a price of 6000.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I knew we'd get it, it was pretty obvious. And I foolishly hoped it would be something worthwhile. As it stands, while the combo itself might be interesting, Intel is not worth my time. Too bad, 'cause 6k at launch is a fantastic price that I'd paid quite happily.
    Guess I now know with the utmost certainty what I'll choose as reward from the Event Campaign.
    ^^^
    FYI - The ships that can be selected as a reward are ships in game prior to 12/31/2020 (IE - last year) - so no, you won't be able to get this 'new' Legendary D-7 via that path.

Why would I waste a token on a ship that I said it's not worth my time?
    Also, why would I even *think* I could use an infinity/promo token to buy a Zen ship?
    It's pretty obvious that I meant one of the other versions of the ship that already exist - as it was also obvious from all my posts after the one you quoted.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    garaffe wrote: »
    So far, the average cost of a KDF legendary is 8250 zen, while the average cost of a Fed legendary is 3464 zen.

Well given that the 11th Anniversary (Normal) is 25,000 and 2 ships are Fed, so the cost for Klingon is 12,500/2 or 6250 for the two KDF in the Anniversary, it's just you're also buying 2 FED's at the same price. Yet that also doesn't include all the extra's they also throw in with it. That also doesn't factor in that most a good majority get at the initial sale offering too.

Now this other KDF D7 Bundle is 12,000 (Normal) but most will get at the 50% off price, or for those who wait till later they will still at least wait for a 25-30% sale as well. Still I think 3 Klingons Legendary ships is good, and it does technically give Romulan's 2 Legendary at the same time.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »
    Still I think 3 Klingons Legendary ships is good, and it does technically give Romulan's 2 Legendary at the same time.

It does not. As @garaffe said themselves: "a Romulan skin for a KDF ship does not a Romulan ship make".
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.

Well given that the 11th Anniversary (Normal) is 25,000 and 2 ships are Fed, so the cost for Klingon is 12.500/2 or 6250 for the two KDF in the Anniversary, it's just you're also buying 2 FED's at the same price. Yet that also doesn't include all the extra's they also throw in with it. That also doesn't factor in that most a good majority get at the initial sale offering too.

Now this other KDF D7 Bundle is 12,000 (Normal) but most will get at the 50% off price, or for those who wait till later they will still at least wait for a 25-30% sale as well. Still I think 3 Klingons Legendary ships is good, and it does technically give Romulan's 2 Legendary at the same time.

For my calculations, I used the initial sale prices of each pack to factor in "the best deal".
    For both the Fed and KDF calculations, I assumed, for example, that a KDF captain is only interested in the KDF ships in the 11th anniversary bundle. So with the sale price of 18500, that makes each ship cost 9250. I used this calcuations for both the KDF average and the Fed average.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Still I think 3 Klingons Legendary ships is good, and it does technically give Romulan's 2 Legendary at the same time.

It does not. As @garaffe said themselves: "a Romulan skin for a KDF ship does not a Romulan ship make".

In this specific case, it does though. Because in this specific case, the D7s were Klingon ships that they were allowing the Romulans to use :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

In this specific case, it does though. Because in this specific case, the D7s were Klingon ships that they were allowing the Romulans to use :p

*Were allowing* being the key word, here.
    And even if the Romulans were still using them, you said it yourselft: "the D7s were Klingon ships". Hence, why it's actually not a Romulan legendary ship.

Not to mention the skin itself it's still a bit of a mistery at this point, seeing we're only getting a miniscule look at it and not even from the most interesting angle. As far as I can tell, it's the regular D7 skin just... greenish.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Gentleman , over 100 euro !

as more as i have found that this is a special >>> April 1st <<<<< sale !!!

PC: April 1st, 2021

who says the price witches at the markeing department have no HUMOR !

C8fXey0pWwynS0Mm_cHV8Txd7oZ2B4TYU4ySuHJaXVY.jpg?auto=webp&s=8c5559081ba0f785d007ee6f4f9940773ecd822e
  • isolinear360isolinear360 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Thank you, Cryptic, for coming through with something the players have been asking for, if at least in name - a T6 D7. Hopefully some of the feedback on the forums will result in even better options to come (who knows, maybe we'll see a Disc D7 bundle sometime).

I'm happy about it. I'm a TOS fan and wanted a T6 D7 for awhile. I'm rather curious about the new trait with stacking and additive damage and how that will actually play out.

I'm also happy to hear the comments about the MW D7. I haven't decided which ship to use the event token for yet, but that one sounds interesting, and I'll have plenty of time to play around with this one in the meantime.

I also made a few Klingon recruits, so I have one or two the level 65 boost would be nice to have so I don't have to grind at least one all the way there. Having said that, I recognize that some probably won't have a use for the boost. My preference would be to keep the price manageable for us and/or just bundle more ships. It's not like it costs them any more, it's digital art they already have. So, maybe if they did that, and then offered a "deluxe" version that had extra fluff that some might actually want, with options to pick one of x options, like the level 65 boost, a T6-X upgrade and/or some MK15 tokens, some ship slot tokens, or whatever. Although if it was a "Legendary" bundle, what about a "Legendary" console you can only get in the bundle that's actually an uber-awesome console someone just has to have? Or something else hard to get, maybe a purple Aegis DOFF or some Aegis-like kind of set, in the sense that you only get it with the bundle but it rivals or beats the fleet consoles?

I'm actually kind of surprised they haven't offered themed bundles, like a TOS bundle with a Connie, D7, and Rom. That could come with another run at making AoY toons like they did for Gamma and Delta recruits. The same could be done for a Discovery theme, Voyager, DS9, etc. I think fans have a favorite type of show, be that TOS, Disc, TNG, Movie, etc., so a themed bundle or set of themed bundles might be interesting. Imagine if the massive Legendary pack from last year with all Fed ships was split up into eras like that, more "buffet" style - so if you want the TOS stuff, grab a Connie, D7, and Rom BoP. Like TNG? What about a Galaxy, Vor'cha, and Warbird? DS9 maybe a Defiant, Galor, and a Gamma ship. You're still probably going to have the diehard fans that have to have everything, so you could still do the massive pack.

Noodling further on this, I think Cryptic needs to take a step back and find a way to assess what parts of these bundles players value and don't value, which parts are attracting customers and which parts are turning them away. You can't get that information the way these bundles are currently set up, ie all or nothing. What they need to do instead is take a cue from Mudd bundles and let *PLAYERS* pick which extras they get with the ship(s). It won't change the *price* you pay, but you'll get to select the additions that are most relevant to you. Then they can see which parts are most sought after, which parts aren't, and which parts actually impede sales more than help.

I would support this. It could work like this:

Bundle lists ships/items/services that are included in the "deal".
    Players get to check off which of those ships/items/services that they want.
    The more things a player checks off, the bigger their discount is.

Here is an example:
    The bundle include two new T6 ships valued at 6k each, a level boost valued at 4k, a stack of lobi valued at 4k, and another extra valued at 2k.
    Each thing the buyer checks off increases their discount by 10%, so selecting
    1 item yields a discount of 0%
    2 items yields a discount of 10%
    3 items yields a discount of 20%
    etc.

So one person buys just the ships and pays 12000 - 1200 = 10800.
    Another person buys a ship, the level boost, and the lobi for 14000 - 2800 = 11200.
    A third person buys just a single ship and pays 6000.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    For me the Dysons, Nova, Olympic, and Cheyenne are the top of the list I want to see made into T6.

My stepfather would likely agree with you in regards to the Olympic (and it needs a remodel, big time... the Olympic did not have that godawful indentation in the bow for a deflector dish, for a start). I confess to wondering why they never did T6 Dysons, either, come to that...
    Two, both promo ships, the Jem'Hadar Strike Ship and the Jem'Hadar Recon Ship. Same visuals for each, just different seating (JHSS is Intel + Command, JHRS is Pilot + Intel).

I stand corrected. I knew there was at least one - I thought there might've been two, but couldn't remember.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Noodling further on this, I think Cryptic needs to take a step back and find a way to assess what parts of these bundles players value and don't value, which parts are attracting customers and which parts are turning them away. You can't get that information the way these bundles are currently set up, ie all or nothing. What they need to do instead is take a cue from Mudd bundles and let *PLAYERS* pick which extras they get with the ship(s). It won't change the *price* you pay, but you'll get to select the additions that are most relevant to you. Then they can see which parts are most sought after, which parts aren't, and which parts actually impede sales more than help.

Pretty interesting idea.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited March 2021

I also agree with this.

Besides the suggestion by @garaffe another idea would be to make it like Mudd's Choice. You always get the ship and console, but you then choose between things like (1 jump-to-65 level up) OR (x ultimate upgrade tokens) OR (1 epic Phoenix token) OR (a pony!)

Cryptic might prefer that so they always get their full eleventy million quatloos per sale.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Well given that the 11th Anniversary (Normal) is 25,000 and 2 ships are Fed, so the cost for Klingon is 12,500/2 or 6250 for the two KDF in the Anniversary, it's just you're also buying 2 FED's at the same price. Yet that also doesn't include all the extra's they also throw in with it. That also doesn't factor in that most a good majority get at the initial sale offering too.

If you're going to "technically give Romulan's 2 Legendary," for the KDF Legendary credit then you should add them to the Federation tally now too for the equation & vice versa otherwise keep them separate.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Pretty interesting idea.

It's indeed an interesting idea & probably would be good for marketing research if Cryptic was interested in such.

I'm hesitant Cryptic's approach would result in an even further higher price for less content scenario but the idea has merit.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Gonna try to get it, another TOS ship one does not need to sacrifice a goat or a virgin to get is always good. :)

This X 1,000.

I would like a pic of the underside of the Romulan one, though. I'm guessing it's the one they used for the NPC's in AoY, although I could be wrong.

If I get it, I will sow you it.

Never thought I'd be flashing my backside, as it were XD

Your gracious gesture is much appreciated!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

Yeah I think most people would like to have an option to get rid of all the non-ship bloat and get some keys or something else maybe instead. Holo boffs, ultimate upgrade tokens, t6-x tokens etc.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

And even if the Romulans were still using them, you said it yourselft: "the D7s were Klingon ships". Hence, why it's actually not a Romulan legendary ship.

Not to mention the skin itself it's still a bit of a mistery at this point, seeing we're only getting a miniscule look at it and not even from the most interesting angle. As far as I can tell, it's the regular D7 skin just... greenish.

Were the Romulan D7's using a Singularity Core? Even though it might not be a full Romulan version, the skin is a good start. Maybe they will drop a full Romulan version with some more skins in a Promo Box in the future or maybe in another bundle.

At the very least, offer some more choice. For those of us not interested in the level boost, give us the choice of Keys, Lobi, or something else of an equivalent value as an option.
    jcsww wrote: »

Were the Romulan D7's using a Singularity Core? Even though it might not be a full Romulan version, the skin is a good start. Maybe they will drop a full Romulan version with some more skins in a Promo Box in the future or maybe in another bundle.

What does the singularity core have to do with anything?
    D7s were/are Klingons, pure and simple. Romulans were allowed to use them, but they were/are still Klingon ships.
    And it's not "a not full Romulan version"... it's not Romulan, at all. Cryptic was right in making this move tho, because apparently people are falling for it hook, line and sinker.
    kv1Ohsx.png

jcsww wrote: »

What does the singularity core have to do with anything?
    D7s were/are Klingons, pure and simple. Romulans were allowed to use them, but they were/are still Klingon ships.
    And it's not "a not full Romulan version"... it's not Romulan, at all. Cryptic was right in making this move tho, because apparently people are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Since they were allowed to use them. They were also allowed to pain them. It makes me wonder if they also had some with Singularity Cores in them instead of Warp Cores.
    edited March 2021
    There's some major league pedantry going on here. The D7 is a Klingon ship in origin but it was used extensively by the Romulans. For the first 20 years of Star Trek it was 1 of 2 Romulan ships seen on screen.

Heck, it wouldn't have been a huge surprise if Cryptic decided to release it separately as it's own ship for $120 based on their past behavior. Imagine how hard you guys would have been crying then.

Yes it's a Klingon ship and yes it's a Romulan ship too. No matter how much you whine that it isn't. I mean, what's the alternative? Release it as a separate ship like I said? Or not release it at all since it's not sufficiently "Romulan" enough for you? What upside is there to being "right" about it "not being a Romulan ship?" Who the TRIBBLE cares?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    There's some major league pedantry going on here. The D7 is a Klingon ship in origin but it was used extensively by the Romulans. For the first 20 years of Star Trek it was 1 of 2 Romulan ships seen on screen.

Heck, it wouldn't have been a huge surprise if Cryptic decided to release it separately as it's own ship for $120 based on their past behavior. Imagine how hard you guys would have been crying then.

Yes it's a Klingon ship and yes it's a Romulan ship too. No matter how much you whine that it isn't. I mean, what's the alternative? Release it as a separate ship like I said? Or not release it at all since it's not sufficiently "Romulan" enough for you? What upside is there to being "right" about it "not being a Romulan ship?" Who the TRIBBLE cares?

I don't care either way. I don't know all of the Trek episodes like I just sat and watched them for the 100th time. I was just curious to know if the Romulan version in the TOS era actually used the Singularity Core over a Warp Core. If Cryptic decides to offer up a Romulan full version that uses a Singularity Core later down the road. I think that would be great. I am not fond of the Singularity Core mechanic in the game but more ships and ship options isn't a bad thing in my opinion.
    I could be wrong but I don't remember singularity cores being mentioned until TNG.
This discussion has been closed.