test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary D7 Intel Battlecruiser

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11485983

I was hoping that this ship would be paired with the ST:D D7 at least. I know how leery people are with multiple Legendary Ship Bundles, though.

It's too bad the Klingon Recruit drive is (mostly?) done, though. Talk about bad timing to include a level 65 boost for KDF characters.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    Yeah, I think that's what people were expecting/wanting. I don't get what the purpose of this one is. Oh well, saved me some money.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    From the stats the ship is a well rounded battle cruiser. Looks cool for beam related DEW stuff, beam overload in particular.

I already got my MW D7 from promo box but considering how many wanted this ship ... now is the time. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Why bother?

Get the Disco D7 at the end of the mega event. Even the Temporal D7 is a better pick than this intel "legendary" TRIBBLE.

The T'Liss was a good deal, this D7 is a bad joke.
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I didn't understand why it doesn't even have the hangar bays, a legendary ship should come with the best points of all its versions ...
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I didn't understand why it doesn't even have the hangar bays, a legendary ship should come with the best points of all its versions ...

That would ruin sales of their Lockboxes/Promo Packs
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    At first glance I'm thinking this doesn't look like a terrible deal at least, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

5x Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades (no Dilithium cost to apply) Seems like a puny offering but unsure how it compares to Cryptic's previous boost-your-captain packs.

A FULL SUITE of Very Rare (Purple) Mk XIV Ground Equipment and Space Equipment
    Includes *all* basic Kit Modules for your chosen profession, and many different options for outfitting your ship and crew!
    This always read as well enough until it's all preselected items for you instead of choose your own. I also wonder about the Advanced Disruptors being included?

6x Very Rare (Purple) Bridge Officers (2 of each Profession)
    This diverse crew of KDF officers will represent the best the Empire has to offer from various species: Klingon, Gorn, Orion, and Nausicaan
    Maybe the absence of Lethean is a typo?

SPECIAL BONUS: Console – Universal – Stasis Field Projector
    This never-before-released universal console offers the power to severely debilitate up to 3 nearby targets with the press of just one button! Originally developed by Klingons of the 23rd century, this technology has been upgraded for modern use, with fewer of the original design’s drawbacks.
    Sounds interesting, but no passives?

Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey Stats I'm guessing just a typo?

Warp Signature Masking What is this function?

All else at first glance looks decent through maybe real good.

I'd think definitely worth considering at least but only with the sale price.
  • darwishi#5008 darwishi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It is apparently a mash of some of the aspects 10th anniversary MW TOS and Intel battlecruiser Kelvin Constitution. Would have preferred they have a bundle that had 3 D7s matching their Legendary Constitution counterparts:

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Constitution_Miracle_Worker_Light_Cruiser

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Constitution_Temporal_Flight_Deck_Carrier

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Kelvin_Constitution_Intel_Battlecruiser
    It is apparently a mash of some of the aspects 10th anniversary MW TOS and Intel battlecruiser Kelvin Constitution. Would have preferred they have a bundle that had 3 D7s matching their Legendary Constitution counterparts:

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Constitution_Miracle_Worker_Light_Cruiser

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Constitution_Temporal_Flight_Deck_Carrier

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Legendary_Kelvin_Constitution_Intel_Battlecruiser

That probably would've been more work for Cryptic that they don't consider worthy since Klingon, but I have to agree that would've been a more beneficial & sellable approach.

It's also missing the Kelvin Heavy D7 Battlecruiser skin which is disappointing.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Personally, I'm delighted.

For 6000 (on sale, at least), you get all the TOS/TAS/TMP variants of the D7 - including, at long last, the Romulan version!

They can release the JJ and TRIBBLE ships in another pack. Those of you who want those can have them; while those of us who don't (like me), don't have to pay for a package bloated with them.

If this pack were 6000 at regular price, and a JJ/Disco pack was also 6000, we'd all be happy, wouldn't we? Cryptic would get 12,000 from the completists, and at least get 6,000 from those of us who only like one set of interpretations and not the other.

They should do the same for the Connies. Divide them by series, and reduce the price. They'd make more money overall.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »

For 6000 (on sale, at least), you get all the TOS/TAS/TMP variants of the D7 - including, at long last, the Romulan version!

They can release the JJ and TRIBBLE ships in another pack. Those of you who want those can have them; while those of us who don't (like me), don't have to pay for a package bloated with them.

If this pack were 6000 at regular price, and a JJ/Disco pack was also 6000, we'd all be happy, wouldn't we? Cryptic would get 12,000 from the completists, and at least get 6,000 from those of us who only like one set of interpretations and not the other.

They should do the same for the Connies. Divide them by series, and reduce the price. They'd make more money overall.

If it didn't have the level a toon to 65 stuff inflating the price I'd buy it.

A year ago when I was new to the game I would of bought it but I can't justify £39.99 for an intel spec D7 especialy when I can get something better for free at the end of the mega event.

A temporal or command spec and I probably would of bought it.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Warp Signature Masking What is this function?...

This is something all full intel ships have. It is supposed to make them invisible outside 10km. Does it work? No idea. Obviously it applies more to PVP, but maybe it works against the Tzenkethi too which like to target beyond that range. It isn't necessarily even relevant with a battlecloak.
    Warp Signature Masking What is this function?...

This is something all full intel ships have. It is supposed to make them invisible outside 10km. Does it work? No idea. Obviously it applies more to PVP, but maybe it works against the Tzenkethi too which like to target beyond that range. It isn't necessarily even relevant with a battlecloak.

Thanks for the reminder, I remember now hearing about that ability just never thought much about it.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Even the Temporal D7 is a better pick than this intel "legendary" TRIBBLE.

The temporal D7 is a single character unlock for approximately $200. The legendary D7 is an account unlock for $60. Gonna have to disagree about which is "better" (and I actually have the temporal D7, btw).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Even the Temporal D7 is a better pick than this intel "legendary" TRIBBLE.

The temporal D7 is a single character unlock for approximately $200. The legendary D7 is an account unlock for $60. Gonna have to disagree about which is "better" (and I actually have the temporal D7, btw).

I tend to agree, I'm not completely sold on this pack yet, but it does seem like 1 of the better deals Cryptic has been offering lately, this is definitely worth considering imo.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    It's ironic, my stepfather asked me last night when they're doing this, and I said I didn't know when, or even if.

I think the fact that it also adds the Romulan D7 skin as a sweetener might be a selling point for some.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    A year ago when I was new to the game I would of bought it but I can't justify £39.99 for an intel spec D7 especialy when I can get something better for free at the end of the mega event.

where can I find said D7 and/or the legendary? don't recall seeing it in any store
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

I find it funny how you all think those things are inflating the price and the price for JUST the ship would not be the same. To offset the lose in the gamble versions of these ships is what the price is set at. They toss those extra things in to make the bitter pill easier to swallow. If you think the ship alone won't cost the same...yeah...there is this bridge in Brooklyn I wanna talk to you about.

Nah the Legendary Mirror Dreadnought Cruiser was only 4500 and a great value even the pack was alot better then the crappy level 65 packs. They can do better but why would they, there is enough dots who pay whatever. I'm one of them if I want that ship...

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User

I was hoping that this ship would be paired with the ST:D D7 at least. I know how leery people are with multiple Legendary Ship Bundles, though.

It's too bad the Klingon Recruit drive is (mostly?) done, though. Talk about bad timing to include a level 65 boost for KDF characters.

Bad timing? Only for you, dear soul. PW & Cryptic + STO = Dinosaurs with fracken laser beams coming out of their eyes!

Thankfully, I held out on that first pack. I knew they'd eventually get around to this, just like the 10-year voyage landed the real Big E.

Live long and prosper my Trekkies!!!!! =D

42b4ebe2d08386b19688293146d2c9471616545549.png
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »

Bad timing? Only for you, dear soul. PW & Cryptic + STO = Dinosaurs with fracken laser beams coming out of their eyes!

Thankfully, I held out on that first pack. I knew they'd eventually get around to this, just like the 10-year voyage landed the real Big E.

^_^ V
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »

*face palm*

Bad timing, yes. Not just for me, bloke.

Then again, you slept during the Klingon Recruit event. Poor you.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    The real question is that of this being the April fools joke that was vaguely described of something they were doing this year for April fools. So when something seems to good to be true it usually is but is going to fuel the fires of gre'thor if its a joke. Unless the April fools joke is turning everyones ship into a fek'ihri ship for a day lol.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    [...]I'd be less annoyed if there was something worthwhile that purchasers can do with those level-boosters if they have no need of them. Or if it was like a Mudd bundle -- pick X number of extras to go with the ship.

I do quite like that idea. I'd have likely actually finished leveling my KDF Recruit (currently lvl 40) if such things were common, instead of not bothering and waiting for this pack. I'd also still like some of the options presented for the current boost pack, like the Mk XIV kit modules, even on a recently leveled char. Tier 5 Rep tokens should be an option, and I'm a bit surprised they weren't included already since they've been introduced, and would be valuable to a fresh 50+ most. Say three of them by default (to keep pace with Jem Vanguard), with more available as alternate choices.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User

I find it funny how you all think those things are inflating the price and the price for JUST the ship would not be the same. To offset the lose in the gamble versions of these ships is what the price is set at. They toss those extra things in to make the bitter pill easier to swallow. If you think the ship alone won't cost the same...yeah...there is this bridge in Brooklyn I wanna talk to you about.

Nah the Legendary Mirror Dreadnought Cruiser was only 4500 and a great value even the pack was alot better then the crappy level 65 packs. They can do better but why would they, there is enough dots who pay whatever. I'm one of them if I want that ship...

I'm sorry...but is the mirror dreadnought cruiser an iconic highly desired ship that normally comes from a promo box or is it a reskin of ZEN STORE ship? How much gamble box money are they losing from the re-skin of a ZEN store ship again? So yeah...no the bundle prices of these ships is what they would be regardless of the extra stuff they toss in.

Well the same could be said about the Walker Class its not iconic ect... Yet that was high in price and had the same garbage level 65 booster kit. I don't think they price their stuff by how Iconic the ship but rather the groups they are aiming at. I'm sure they don't give a flying flip about people like me "Veteran Player" who has almost all T1 - T6 ships from the store, Lifetime ect... I think they focus on new Players and casual Players because there is where the money lies. I could be wrong though maybe they do it by ships and their initial 10 ship pack was just a mistake on their part. What I do know is they worry more about selling ships then they do about fixing the game which seems to be breaking more and more the longer this goes on. For the first time ever I got warped out of a TFO without me warping out manually while I was fighting. Things like that go under my skin rather then the garbage they put with these packages.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021

Yes very well said!

Perhaps while not every Legendary is a Lockbox/Promo Ship either; they come with various consoles, ship skins of earlier tiers, and often a few new ones along with some more desirable Ship Seating. They also come with a Starship Trait, and an additional Account-Wide (unlockable) additional Starship Trait.

Some have said they don't like the Intel Spec, yet it's still very close to the seating shown here, even if not identical look what I identified in blue below however:
    What I would have liked to see them do is swap the ships Miracle Worker and Intel specs, make it a full MW ship with an Intel secondary, that' is an extremely powerful combination (it's one of the things that makes the Vaadwaur Juggernaut so strong) and would have helped supplement the missing hangar bays. The game has an abundance of Intel ships as it is, another full MW spec would have been nice here.

Still that comment above is very fair criticism, while also pointing out it's not too shabby either.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Vaadwaur_Miracle_Worker_Juggernaut

I can't say if having Intel Commander, and Miracle Worker Lt Cmdr will make a great difference or not, perhaps this was intentional however because Vaadwaur don't have Battle Cloak either! It may not be quite the same, but it has other similar higher Hull & Shield Modifiers as the Juggernaut, and also has twice the turn rate of 12 not 6. So individuals just need to decide if they like the Ship, and consider what's offered...

*sigh*

This is clearly a good ship, even if it's not the Kelvin or Disco variant.

Not (too) shabby definition is - fairly good or quite good. For how good however, I guess we'll have to wait...
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.