test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,150 Arc User
    Nick: that is a good summery of the wormhole. As for the artifact, I was told "nothing I need to concern myself with" but... After some careful spying, monitoring, all that sorta stuff. I've deduced it's the Sword of Kahless..... I mean the big hint was the transmissions to klingon factions, most importantly the House of Martok. And with Martok himself back at the wheel of it....

Freeman: *toasts with them* glory and honor!
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Krystal: J'mpok has kept the Empire as a while out of the Hur'q conflict. Retrieving the Sword of Kahless would be one helluva rally cry to defy the Chancellor and fight their greatest enemy. There's rumblings that many are not satisfied with how J'mpok is acting in the face of the Hur'q, as if its of no concern to the Empire at all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (*bonks thread with bat* Also, need activity.)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,899 Arc User
    lythe: interesting, so this sword then has some sort of cultural significance that can unite the... klingon as a whole. it seems like this chancellor j'mpok fears his enemy. *shakes her head.* were my people to do the same against our ancient foe they would have caused untold ruin to the galaxy. but from what little ive read on the hur'q they seem like a threat to existence that cannot be suffered to live yet the empire sits on its rear and idles.....

kenzie: oh wow.... some of these are pretty detailed... wait is that me? *she flips thru a few more looking curious as well as seeing what lewder stuff looks like for the first time.* i didnt know you saw me like that... *scratches the back of her head.* have you ever... you know done it before?

jorin: i know you'll make a great dad freeman. i kind of wonder if they'll be force sensitive.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    Janri: I've heard that some klingons believe the sword has mystical power, as it was used by the first Kahless to basically stop the hur'q and I think also kill demons or something like that. I know a bit about klingon history because of Orion.

Reashe: I... haven't done it yet, no. I mean, I know what it looks like and stuff... And well... to me you're beautiful Kenzie. *She rubs the back of her neck, her nerves calming a bit* I really enjoy spending time with you, and I'm attracted to you like that.

Rax: It can be a bit wonky. I've heard the more powerful the force user the more likely their progeny will be force sensitive. Though for some species like mine its basically a guarantee they will be.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    lythe: well history lessons aside where is the sword of kahless?

kenzie: i guess other then you know with myself.. i havng done it either. but you're just so small compared to me. im not sure how it would go i dunno..... *she trails off in thought for a moment before clearing her throat.* anyway im just worried about you more so.....

jorin: hmm im not sure if mira is force sensitive. at times ive sensed it on her but i dont think she realizes it herself.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Janri: Yeah... I heard it was lost during the Iconian War. *She's not aware of the context due to being a civilian, only rumors that it went missing*

Reashe: *She adjusts her shirt to show off a bit of cleavage, getting closer to kenzie, a seductive tone in her voice* Its very sweet you're so worried about me... we could take it nice and slow. I'm sure over time it will get easier. But we have to start somewhere don't we?

Rax: If she is too then there's a good chance. Its pretty rare for a child to be born not force sensitive if both parents are.
    kenzie: j-jesus.... *her tail stands straight, poofing up as she clears her throat letting out a nervous chuckle.* im dense and even i can pick up on that signal... you really want it dont you......
    Reashe: Yes... *She nods gently, blushing deeply* I want my first time to be with you...
    Nick: if you ask me, J'mpok is a dishonorable coward, he always has been and always will be. The only reason he came to power was making a deal with the devil that was Torg. Personal feelings aside, I've delved into mission reports from the iconian war, both classified and unclassified, and I believe that.... It was taken by the Iconian, T'Ket

Freeman: I never knew I was force sensitive until not long ago, but it could have just been manifesting in ways I never realized. If Mira is I don't think she realizes either. She has... Other abilities, so I don't think she'd notice as easily do to them.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Krystal: I heard about a raid by a Klingon Spec Ops team lead by Kahless himself. Unfortunately I was tied up with matters on the opposite side of the Galaxy to help. Matters that would actually lead to me getting a sister.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Lythe: I see. There has been many events that I will have to read up on but for now... is this mission retrieving it from said iconinan What ever those are.

Jorin: she is a special one that’s for sure. If she weren’t with child I’d say she could come along but with how hectic the galaxy is now I’m not confident that I could keep her from harm. In any case did you have an idea on light saber designs? Like what sort of materials you’ll make it out of?
    edited March 2021
    Janri: *she shivers, trying to remain calm* You're saying we're on a mission... to recover the sword of kahless, from the iconians... I'm assuming that means we're going to be invading a herald ship... we might actually find T'Ket when we go looking for it. We're messing with the beings that nearly exterminated us and all we believe in from the galaxy... *she sighs*

Well Lythe, this is certainly going to be an interesting change of pace. The iconians and their Heralds have tech that blows our galaxy's out of the water. They can create gateways for ships and troops that can appear anywhere in the galaxy and allow instantaneous travel. I... I still remember how it felt during the war. But if we could handle that supernatural stuff I'm sure we can handle this too. *she still seems nervous, but she does have some confidence that they'll succeed*

Rax: I've got some materials on my ship I'd probably use for mine. I've got an idea of what I would want mine to be so far.
    Post edited by westx211 on
    Nick: the fact I'm with you helps a lot. Being a walking Temporal anomaly may drive them away. So you're a civilian then huh? More plausible deniability. Are you gonna want to be paid? Also what supernatural stuff?

Freeman: I've always wanted to hunt a krayt dragon for one of their pearls.
    Lythe: we went thru a rather trying experience that I’m not really in the mood to relive.... but I suppose for all intents and purposes that I would be considered a civilian as well despite my lifetime of combat and psyker experience.

Jorin: they are destructive creatures. I wouldn’t go seeking them out unless you really want to.
    Nick: At best lythe, in this situation i would consider you a mercenary or... a person who needs to learn a bit about their new galaxy.

Freeman: *Downs his drink* Nah, nah, i wanna hunt one. I think i heard once you can cut down the pearl to be used as like a thing inside your lightsaber with the crystal.... and i wanna use the leftover as part of the grip maybe.
    edited March 2021
    Janri: I'm of the same mind. Better to not speak of it for now... And I'm helping teaching her a few things here and there. I guess mercenary could fit us both with how we are.

Rax: Thats basically what Jorin did. Except for the hunting a krayt dragon specifically for lightsaber building.
    edited March 2021
    Lythe: I suppose that would be true.

Jorin: my lightsaber came after I knew the pearl was capable of being a focus for the crystal. But if you truly want the title then you would have to fight to the death for it for there can only be one dragon of mandalore. It is a title that I worked hard to build and I will not give it up so easily.
    Nick: and mercenaries need to be paid. I can have that taken care of.

Freeman: now that's not fair. I don't stay down. I just want a thing to use not your title.
    (If he can pay for mercs, why doesn't he just pay his debt and let Quark get the sword, which we were originally planning to do when ViL came out?)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (*bonks thread*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Lythe: I suppose I could use some currency from this galaxy very well. So what will my part in all of this be?

Jorin: I was only joking. But you are making a near identical lightsaber to mine with the pearl and dragon bone parts.
    Janri: I guess I could use some too, I haven't really worked in a while.

*Rax nods in agreement, sipping on his drink*
    (Cause Quark wanted work not cash. he also never said he'd be the one paying for it.)

Nick: well let's see what I can do

Freeman: only partially. I had other ideas too. I was gonna use the pearl for half of the grip.
    Lythe: very well then

Jorin: I don’t know what the journey has in store for us but I am trying to prepare for most out comes.
    Janri: So what's our part in this going to be?

Rax: Best to bring a little something of everything. But probably best we don't pick fights with anything too dangerous if we don't have to.
    Krystal: Well... where do I come in? Because you kinda complicated things by bringing an Admiral in on this. I mean I could probably hold T'Ket off for a few minutes, but if the idea of having "The Other" challenge her and make her back off was the idea... T'Ket doesn't respect me enough for that to be viable. She's too far gone in her desire for revenge that no amount of blood will satisfy her. Hell... she probably doesn't care that I saved her people long ago. I'm an enemy now as far as she cares.
    (And what exactly am I supposed to be doing for the next half a year it'll take you to finish provoking T'Ket into a frothing rage?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: we will have to see when we pick up the Ferengi entourage. Krystal.... You're a pregnant woman... And yes I realize I'm bringing you into a danger zone. But I have to ask one of the most important things to me.

Freeman: except the dragon. Maybe we should bring some photon mines.
    lythe: *sits there silently.*

jorin: perhaps. if you truly are set on hunting a krayt dragon.