test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary KDF Captain Pack with Legendary D7

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Will this include the Advanced Disruptors the Disco D7 has?

This is not the Disco D7, this is the TOS/TMP D7. The 2 ships have nothing to do with each other (in this game, that is).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    questerius wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You know what I'm finding interesting...

People are complaining about the seating... and no one noticed that they slipped in a ROMULAN skin for her.

Intel/Miracle Worker is an interesting combo, although I kinda don't use many MW abilities myself.

Still... Legendary Walker's gonna have to wait. I'm gonna get this thing. My KDF needs more love, and my Romulan's getting a treat out of it too.

Personally i am just facepalming because the devs did not even remove the B'rel reference in the stats.
    "Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey Stats"

Yeah...it's pretty sad at this point.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You know what I'm finding interesting...

People are complaining about the seating... and no one noticed that they slipped in a ROMULAN skin for her.

Intel/Miracle Worker is an interesting combo, although I kinda don't use many MW abilities myself.

Still... Legendary Walker's gonna have to wait. I'm gonna get this thing. My KDF needs more love, and my Romulan's getting a treat out of it too.

Personally i am just facepalming because the devs did not even remove the B'rel reference in the stats.
    "Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey Stats"

Cryptic staff "roofprreading" and tyop fxing is Legendary by this point.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    I just wish they would stop selling these bundles with the "insta-level 65" stuff as the only alternative. Because some of us have large numbers of level 65 characters already and do not plan on any more, so essentially are being asked to pay extra for the ship due to mandatory inclusions we have no use for.

Imagine if Disneyland started selling combo tickets that were for one adult and one child... and no other options. So if you don't have a child....

Yea I think that fit's & is a very fair critique given the vast majority of players! I would have rather seen them FORGO the Level 65 Boost myself, yet the Ready to defend the Empire has several nice things in it even if you're already 65. The Mk XIV weapons for Ground & Space, is nice if you have one Klingon with several items below that for you or your crew. I'm fine with them only making that Pack for a single character as they had before; just wished they moved the new Console – Universal – Stasis Field Projector to being included with the Legendary Ship.

Though a few things seem OFF, or at least it's fair to say unclear, as a few others have noticed...

"This immense bundle will be available for the price of 12,000 Zen, with a special introductory offer of 50% OFF for a limited time! This offer will release on the following dates:

PC: April 1st, 2021"

Says the sale begins April 1st, yet doesn't say how long it runs for; why I think some speculate it's 1 day. Not sure if this was a simply oversight or early April 1st humor so we have to wait and see; usually most sales last at least through the weekend so a few more can take advantage of it? And most new Legendary Bundles, last a bit longer (sometimes) at least!

I mean some don't like the Seating, yet as @rattler2 stated the Intel/MW seating might be quite interesting; or is it perhaps a copy/paste error as it says Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey Stats. Hmm... :|

While someone said they'd have their eye on the Kelvin D7 instead from the event, that also only unlock for a single character. I also really wonder if this really is the Ships statistics, given the typo above?
    What I would have liked to see them do is swap the ships Miracle Worker and Intel specs, make it a full MW ship with an Intel secondary, that' is an extremely powerful combination (it's one of the things that makes the Vaadwaur Juggernaut so strong) and would have helped supplement the missing hangar bays. The game has an abundance of Intel ships as it is, another full MW spec would have been nice here.

Yea I too think that would be amazing! Still the Commander Intel & Lt.Cmdr MW is still likely very viable alternative. Yet I'm still wondering if the Ship Specs are correct, cause of the typo or copy/paste error noted above. Guess we just have to wait...

What I also liked was the fact they extended a Romulan skin for the D7 to acknowledge when Romulan used the Ships, yet later stopped using them as Warbird was the preference as relations with Klingon's later went sour. Romulan's worked with Klingons on the ship, why they likely learned of Cloaking technology earlier, like Romulans later did with the Fed's on the Defiant. :o

Still it seems like a fairly good bundle, just hope they reconsider that console being Account-Wide.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I agree with the sentiment that for newer players, this is a great deal. You get to boost a character, you get some ultimate upgrades, and you get the iconic D7 unlocked for your account. At the 'intro' price of $60USD this is actually a pretty good deal, on par with the Mirror Dreadnaught bundle which was, in my opinion, the best of all the bundles so far.

For Vets, depending on your needs, it's value is subjective. I recognize this bundle as a pretty good value, and the ships stats aren't all that disappointing to me. Now, as pointed out, the ship doesn't have the hangar bay of the Discovery D7, but that's not unusual.. if anything, it's unusual that the Discovery version has it since the D7 isn't actually a carrier (not that the Constitution class normally was either.) What I would have liked to see them do is swap the ships Miracle Worker and Intel specs, make it a full MW ship with an Intel secondary, that' is an extremely powerful combination (it's one of the things that makes the Vaadwaur Juggernaut so strong) and would have helped supplement the missing hangar bays. The game has an abundance of Intel ships as it is, another full MW spec would have been nice here.

For me personally, I probably won't buy this.. not because 'it sucks'.. it doesn't. Not because it's not a fair value.. I actually think it is.. it's just that for my personal use case, I simply don't need it. I am a player that prefers to use a unique ship on each of my characters, this isn't something everyone does.. but for me, having a different ship on each character helps make each character feel unique. I will really go for an account unlocked ship if it has a special skin, console, or trait that I think all my characters can benefit from, and I don't see that here. I already have a Level 65 (all characters on my account are already Level 65) Orion Captain who has the Discovery Flight Deck D7. The Discovery version is, in my opinion, the superior D7 and she will not want to swap into this ship. Without something my other characters will want, this pack simply doesn't fit my personal needs.

I will say however, that I really hope this pack is a strong seller for Cryptic. I still HATE including the level 65 boosts in these packs.. but otherwise this is the kind of thing I prefer to see over these $200+ 'Mega Packs' that require a large up front investment. As for why I HATE the Level 65 Boost, it's already been said better then I could say it..
    imagine if Disneyland started selling only combination tickets for one adult and one child... the people who don't have kids would rightfully think they were being overcharged for something they have no use for.

That sums it up nicely, this game has been out for 11 years, yes.. we still get new players, but a huge part of your player base is Veteran/long time players that just have absolutely no use for these things at all. You're on the right track with this pack Cryptic, this and the Mirror Dreadnaught are good packs.. you just need a few more tweaks and you have it. Maybe do something like the Mudds Choice pack where players can select additional Ultimate boosts instead of the level 65 boost? Just a thought.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Honestly, I think they realize that their weekly blog screwups are now memeworthy. I'd bet they even have meetings to determine which parts of each blog they should botch.
    For Vets, depending on your needs, it's value is subjective.
    100% correct. For me, I absolutely love this ship. But for other players that maybe don't care about playing with Klingons or the D7/K'Tinga in general, it's probably completely worthless to them. In my case, I have 1 character with the Promo TOS D7. I like the legendary version boff layout a lot better though. I'll definitely throw my promo version into the dry dock and switch to this version for sure.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Still no Romulan skin for the D7 either.
    Except they show one on this ship in the blog post...

Ahhh. I missed the links at the bottom for the ship specifically. AWESOME and about bloody time too!
  • kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    kaosbain wrote: »
    If they made this a flight deck carrier like the disco connie, I would buy this. However, without it being a flight deck carrier, I will pass.

You're confused. The Disco D7 is the flight carrier, like the Disco connie.

This is the TOS/TMP d7, and it is the equivalent of the TOS/TMP connie (not a flight carrier).

So any expectation that the TOS d7 would be a flight carrier are based on not understanding the above.

That said, hopefully they will release a legendary Disco D7 as well. If they do, that will be the ship you are looking for.

I am not confused. I wanted a legendary disco d7, a flight deck carrier d7. This is not a flight deck carrier d7, not the disco d7. Hence I will not get it.
    edited March 2021

Seems the Console will be Account-Reclaimable!

Just wish they'd confirm the ship specializations or statistics... ...as it now seems kind of unclear listing the Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey Stats in the Blog.
    0zxlclk.png
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Would have preferred 3 D7s that match their 10th anniversary Constitution counterparts.
    edited March 2021
    If they made this a flight deck carrier like the disco connie, I would buy this. However, without it being a flight deck carrier, I will pass.

You're confused. The Disco D7 is the flight carrier, like the Disco connie.

This is the TOS/TMP d7, and it is the equivalent of the TOS/TMP connie (not a flight carrier).

So any expectation that the TOS d7 would be a flight carrier are based on not understanding the above.

That said, hopefully they will release a legendary Disco D7 as well. If they do, that will be the ship you are looking for.

I am not confused. I wanted a legendary disco d7, a flight deck carrier d7. This is not a flight deck carrier d7, not the disco d7. Hence I will not get it.

I'm glad you're not confused anymore, but you definitely were confused when you said this:

See how you said if they had made THIS ship a flight deck carrier LIKE the disco connie? That doesn't make sense, because THIS ship is the TOS d7 and isn't supposed to be a flight deck carrier LIKE the disco connie.

Yes, you were confused. But I'm glad you understand the difference now.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • wolva10wolva10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    yep they dropped the ball....could have given us the legendary Disco variant that feds got for the connie..woulda given my $$$ without a second thought, now...now i keep my $$$. fire your marketing guys craptic they dont know squat for what the player base wants
    edited March 2021
    wolva10 wrote: »
    yep they dropped the ball....could have given us the legendary Disco variant that feds got for the connie..woulda given my $$$ without a second thought, now...now i keep my $$$. fire your marketing guys craptic they dont know squat for what the player base wants

I suspect they do realize, those who want the Promo Ship will need to consider obtaining it separate.
    See how you said if they had made THIS ship a flight deck carrier LIKE the disco connie? That doesn't make sense, because THIS ship is the TOS d7 and isn't supposed to be a flight deck carrier LIKE the disco connie.

Still I do think it's a good offering, just wish they'd clear up the actual Ship Statistics!
    0zxlclk.png
  • megagrodstermegagrodster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As much as I want to provide counter-examples to the entire "Klingon ships don't sell" conclusion I will have to pass on this bundle. Not because I don't want a D7 -- I do, absolutely. The Romulan skin even more so. But half this bundle has no value to me. And the ship itself, being so very mediocre for a c-store ship at best... I really can't see flying it to put the Space Barbie to use. Ever.

So now it's been the Walker bundle, 21st Anniversary Bundle and the latest Mudd's bundle I had to pass up. I've got the zen to spend, just haven't found a compelling value in many months now.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    At first glance I'm thinking this doesn't look like a terrible deal at least, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

I'd think definitely worth considering at least but only with the sale price. I'll have to look more closely later because I feel like I'm missing something. lol

Note that you can only claim the other stuff on 1 character. Only the ship is account-wide.

I got the Legendary T'Liss on xbox where I didn't have any Romulan characters (vs. my 5 on PC) and the jump to 65 and gear was nice.

That is a significant detail, thanks for the heads-up. I read where (I think) Kael stated that the new console is account-wide too. I'll itemize the bundle & consider buying it when I get some time.
    It is in a pricerange a little higher than I want to spend for a single ship,

It's also not comparable to standard C-store ships, at all.

It is a t6 D7, which until this legendary version was only available from a promo pack, which equates to at least $200 for a SINGLE character unlock.

So being able to get an account unlock version of a ship for $60, that was previously only available as a single character unlock for at least $200, is a hell of a deal.

Comparing the price of this ship to the price of a normal t6 ship in the C-store completely misses the point of what this specific ship actually is.

PS: I'm not trying to come down on you or your post specifically, I'm just using your post as a chance to respond to the point as a whole.

Of course, let's be clear, this isn't the same ship as the Promo D7, this is a reiteration which subjectively is better or worse if/when compared to the Promo D7.
    ikonn#1068 wrote: »
    I didn't understand why it doesn't even have the hangar bays, a legendary ship should come with the best points of all its versions ...

It would ruin their Key sales for Lockboxes and, in this case, C-Store Promo Packs

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was part of Cryptic's thought process in creating this D7 ship & pack version.
    Players: We need more Klingon stuff.
    Devs: heres a legendary Klingon Ship.
    Players: >:(

I'm just not happy with it being bundled with 100% items that are only useful if you have a new KDF character (or plan to make one soon) that isn't already level 65.

As I said in my earlier post: imagine if Disneyland started selling only combination tickets for one adult and one child... the people who don't have kids would rightfully think they were being overcharged for something they have no use for.

Valid point equating STO with Disneyland marketing tactics.
    Would have preferred 3 D7s that match their 10th anniversary Constitution counterparts.

That would've been more work by Cryptic & more attention to the Klingon-side of things than Cryptic probably wanted to devote, but I agree that would've been a better offer.
    It is in a pricerange a little higher than I want to spend for a single ship,

It's also not comparable to standard C-store ships, at all.

It is a t6 D7, which until this legendary version was only available from a promo pack, which equates to at least $200 for a SINGLE character unlock.

So being able to get an account unlock version of a ship for $60, that was previously only available as a single character unlock for at least $200, is a hell of a deal.

Comparing the price of this ship to the price of a normal t6 ship in the C-store completely misses the point of what this specific ship actually is.

PS: I'm not trying to come down on you or your post specifically, I'm just using your post as a chance to respond to the point as a whole.

Of course, let's be clear, this isn't the same ship as the Promo D7, this is a reiteration which subjectively is better or worse if/when compared to the Promo D7.

I agree it's not literally the same ship as the promo version.

But for many many many many Trek fans it is the iconic hull that is the selling point. So while there may be statistical differences between the promo D7 vs the legendary D7, the simple fact that it *IS* a t6 D7 is what matters most to a heck of a lot of folks.

It's the KDF equivalent of the TOS connie. So yeah, being able to pick up an account wide t6 D7 for a fraction of the cost of a single character unlock D7 is a really great thing.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

Just wish they'd confirm the ship specializations or statistics... ...as it now seems kind of unclear listing the Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey Stats in the Blog.

Aha! Alt friendly is pertinent to my interests. So I can have one for a level 65 boosted KDF character. And still claim one for my previously leveled General. With Gorkon's Qo'noS One and the Romulan D7 costume for my Romulan to use? This will be a sale.

Regarding the Intelligence vs Miracle Worker ranked Boff slots, I'm honestly not as experience with either. To know for sure how best I'd prefer those slotted. More experienced opinions of that point are welcome.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    edited March 2021
    psiameese wrote: »

Aha! Alt friendly is pertinent to my interests. So I can have one for a level 65 boosted KDF character. And still claim one for my previously leveled General. With Gorkon's Qo'noS One and the Romulan D7 costume for my Romulan to use? This will be a sale.

Regarding the Intelligence vs Miracle Worker ranked Boff slots, I'm honestly not as experience with either. To know for sure how best I'd prefer those slotted. More experienced opinions of that point are welcome.

Well, if the MW was the primary, then the ship would receive an extra Universal console slot, plus it would have the Miracle Worker perk skills rather than the Intel ones (which are target dependent and often useless because of that: you have to "lock on" an enemy and then let it charge up before you can use it).

Those aside from the ACTUAL BOFF skills, too... and Mixed Armaments Synergy and Narrow Sensor Bands are really good... though so is Override Subsystem Safeties, so....

I think you're confusing MW with Temporal. Temporal is the one where you build the Molecular Deconstruction beam and yeah, it sucks. Miracle Worker generates one of a few different effects based on a combination of Bridge Officer powers used, it's not worth much either.

Otherwise, you have fully illustrated the benefits of being a full MW ship, the only other thing I would add is the Cyclical Quantum Slipstream Drive which I personally really like.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Still, you know... apparently we're supposed to be overjoyed because they put a **Romulan** skin on this half-assed attempt to please the playerbase they forgot right from the start, (all while trying to milk us for every penny we can dish out, nevermind the fact that they couldn't care less about us).
    Because yes, the majority of KDF players are actually Rom KDF-aligned that have been complaining about not having **romulan skins** for their ships, and not KDF players that have been complaining about a rather severe unfair treatment.
    My bad!
    Except the major new skin isn't a Romulan one, its a KDF one. The new Romulan skin is a bonus.

And yes, they have totally forgotten about KDF... *looks at the YoK revamps* *looks at how 82% of T6 ships ever released were cross factional packs that included a KDF version, or were totally faction neutral ships* Yep, totally forgotten, hence the overwhelming support ship wise despite its relatively low playerbase.

Never gets old seeing people who want to be victimized warp reality to try to justify their imagined victimization.

As far as long time KDF veteran players are concerned the first thing is that they actually did all of the things you mentioned. Although I don't view it as victimized its just people are confusing what will be needed to support the game with what they are able to afford. So its not really being victimized its just that a lot of people including myself do not have that kind of money at this current time but do still want those ships. So basically what happens is the baseline of sales always has been the more classic ships although I love majority of the Cryptic concept ones too. If you look at it from a mmorpg perspective and how lockboxes work in some other games like gw2 and ones like that the equivalent is weapon skins. So if people get these packs on the basis of supporting the game for everything they enjoy getting out of it. That could lead the aspect of supporting the game where they don't really have to be dependent on selling ships in the future. They just would need to switch gears and use their artistic strengths to sell different new ship costumes. Plus with all that an Anniversary ship of an Alliance cross design of the renown torp bombers of the entire franchise and the least developed of all ship content in the game and it didn't cost anything to get just my 2 cents on how none of this is really bad just a step in the right direction.

Edit: The only actual thing I would like to see though is they put that doff with infiltrator or even possibly make the trait available for the cross faction rewards or possibly even something just adding that reward for having all Klingon recruit objectives achieved. Mostly just so that my non KDF recruits can also use battle cloaks to the extent where it doesn't make it feel like my original characters a decade old aren't completely overshadowed by the recruits in this regard.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    While it would be great if it were a full MW ship, pretty clearly they aren't going to make a store D7 that is better than (or even equal to) the promo D7

It's actually very close to (but better) the Legendary Kelvin Intel Battlecruiser
    psiameese wrote: »

Well, if the MW was the primary, then the ship would receive an extra Universal console slot, plus it would have the Miracle Worker perk skills rather than the Intel ones (which are target dependent and often useless because of that: you have to "lock on" an enemy and then let it charge up before you can use it).

Those aside from the ACTUAL BOFF skills, too... and Mixed Armaments Synergy and Narrow Sensor Bands are really good... though so is Override Subsystem Safeties, so....

I think you're confusing MW with Temporal. Temporal is the one where you build the Molecular Deconstruction beam and yeah, it sucks. Miracle Worker generates one of a few different effects based on a combination of Bridge Officer powers used, it's not worth much either.

Otherwise, you have fully illustrated the benefits of being a full MW ship, the only other thing I would add is the Cyclical Quantum Slipstream Drive which I personally really like.

I was referring to the Intel powers there, not MW.

Ah cool.. I see it now.. nevermind! :lol:
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    I'm definitely going to get this ship. Even though one char has a Kelvin D7 and also a Legendary Vor'cha that I've setup kinda like a modernized D7/K't'inga. (Thanks to Kamarag/K'maj parts.) I want to see pics of the underside of the Romulan skin too. Intel isn't my favorite spec (enemies tend to die too quick for gather intel) but I'm not so worried about that. Thanks to Cross Faction Flying, this ship should be available to Fed Romulans too. (For anyone without Cross Faction Flying unlocked, the level boost used on a KDF char ought to cause that to be unlocked as well.)

As far as the level boost pack, it's been said before with the other packs that you can use them on a level 65 character and get all the other benefits. (Since my recruit isn't 65 yet I'll use it on her.) Also note, the costumes should unlock for the Temporal D7 if you get the Legendary D7. The Disco D7 and Kelvin D7 I assume are on different skeletons. And the skeletons are usually what determine which ship costumes are compatible. (With the possible exception of the low tier Galaxy class and it's low tier costumes that are separate from the T5 Galaxy Refit and it's costumes.)

As far as stats, the stats listed are different from the Legendary B'rel, so other then the section title mistake, I think they're the stats as is.

And as far as the console inspired by TAS, we already have Tribbles inspired from that same episode. :)
This discussion has been closed.