test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary KDF Captain Pack with Legendary D7

Comments

• nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    of course this could be a huge april fools setup....
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • hetairai#8501 hetairai Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    My question would be if you can use the lvl 65 dtuff on a lvl 65? I rather enjoy the levelling (call me crazy if you must), so I don't like to get my chars there immediately.
    But if that's only an April fool's joke then nevermind.
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    No surprise there…

Please someone tell me this pack, artificially inflated by a mostly useless lvl 65 KDF token with gear, is meant for new players.
    You know just after the KDF recruitment event ended.

I’m playing stupid Cryptic community bingo and I’m so close!
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Yep, this is what I was waiting for (and why I did not buy the anniversary legendary bundle):

An account wide unlock of a t6 D7(which previously was only available as a single character unlock from a promo pack) for only $60 (sale price).

Easy buy.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hmm - looks nice enough but I wouldn't use it in place of my the (DSC) Miracle Worker Flight Deck D7, and the trait doesn't scream 'must have' to me either. Plus I don't want to give Cryptic my money. So guess it's a pass.

Agreed. I still have all the dilithium I saved during the past year for the anniversary bundle - if you can even call it that - so I wouldn't even have to spend a single dime. As it stands, I'll use the token from the Event Campaign. One character unlock, sure, but it's free and I can be okay with that.

Still, you know... apparently we're supposed to be overjoyed because they put a **Romulan** skin on this half-assed attempt to please the playerbase they forgot right from the start, (all while trying to milk us for every penny we can dish out, nevermind the fact that they couldn't care less about us).
    Because yes, the majority of KDF players are actually Rom KDF-aligned that have been complaining about not having **romulan skins** for their ships, and not KDF players that have been complaining about a rather severe unfair treatment.
    My bad!

^^ Indeed.

Well, I can tell you that this "bonus Romulan skin" is not going to get me to open my wallet. I know a lot of KDF folks have been waiting for this ship, so I am glad it is here and hope that it lives up to their expectations (though it sounds like it doesn't).

My wallet will stay closed for this one. I'll wait until the next actual Romulan ship is released, because a Romulan skin for a KDF ship does not a Romulan ship make.
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I didn't understand why it doesn't even have the hangar bays, a legendary ship should come with the best points of all its versions ...
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I didn't understand why it doesn't even have the hangar bays, a legendary ship should come with the best points of all its versions ...

It would ruin their Key sales for Lockboxes and, in this case, C-Store Promo Packs
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

At first glance I'm thinking this doesn't look like a terrible deal at least, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

5x Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades (no Dilithium cost to apply) Seems like a puny offering but unsure how it compares to Cryptic's previous boost-your-captain packs.

A FULL SUITE of Very Rare (Purple) Mk XIV Ground Equipment and Space Equipment
    Includes *all* basic Kit Modules for your chosen profession, and many different options for outfitting your ship and crew!
    This always read as well enough until it's all preselected items for you instead of choose your own. I also wonder about the Advanced Disruptors being included?

6x Very Rare (Purple) Bridge Officers (2 of each Profession)
    This diverse crew of KDF officers will represent the best the Empire has to offer from various species: Klingon, Gorn, Orion, and Nausicaan
    Maybe the absence of Lethean is a typo?

SPECIAL BONUS: Console – Universal – Stasis Field Projector
    This never-before-released universal console offers the power to severely debilitate up to 3 nearby targets with the press of just one button! Originally developed by Klingons of the 23rd century, this technology has been upgraded for modern use, with fewer of the original design’s drawbacks.
    Sounds interesting, but no passives?

Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey Stats I'm guessing just a typo?

Warp Signature Masking What is this function?

All else at first glance looks decent through maybe real good.

I'd think definitely worth considering at least but only with the sale price. I'll have to look more closely later because I feel like I'm missing something. lol
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Lacklustre......... Please swap the Intel and MW seats and give the ship a Hangar bay plse
    Post edited by fewzz on

Because it is a battlecruiser, and it doesn't include anything from the Disco or JJ D7s, from what I understand.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Just a little late for the Klingon Recruitment Event. Still no Romulan skin for the D7 either. I had thought this would have eventually made it out in a 3 ship bundle, with the Bortasque and something else I can't remember off the top of my head. If they sold the ship on its own, I would be interested but my KDF recruit is already at max level.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hmm - looks nice enough but I wouldn't use it in place of my the (DSC) Miracle Worker Flight Deck D7, and the trait doesn't scream 'must have' to me either. Plus I don't want to give Cryptic my money. So guess it's a pass.

Agreed. I still have all the dilithium I saved during the past year for the anniversary bundle - if you can even call it that - so I wouldn't even have to spend a single dime. As it stands, I'll use the token from the Event Campaign. One character unlock, sure, but it's free and I can be okay with that.

Still, you know... apparently we're supposed to be overjoyed because they put a **Romulan** skin on this half-assed attempt to please the playerbase they forgot right from the start, (all while trying to milk us for every penny we can dish out, nevermind the fact that they couldn't care less about us).
    Because yes, the majority of KDF players are actually Rom KDF-aligned that have been complaining about not having **romulan skins** for their ships, and not KDF players that have been complaining about a rather severe unfair treatment.
    My bad!

If I was starting out, then maybe it'll be a decent deal.

Thing is I am getting either the Kelvin or Disco (probably Disco) D7 for nothing at the end of the mega event so why spend £39.99 on a D7 and a whole load of stuff I won't use? My KDF alt from the recruitment event is already 65.

The D7 has the absolute worst spec of the lot, it's like they are trying to set up this bundle to fail.

After checking, even the temporal D7 (which I can get for free from mega event) is better than the "legendary" D7.

For a newish player, this *might* be a decent deal - it's still an Iconic ship unlocked for the whole account for a decent price (the discounted versione) - but that illusion would disappear the moment a player becomes more knowledgeable in the game. There's just no way this "legendary" D7 can compete with what's already in the game.
    And yes, I'll be using my token for this one, too. Saves the zen for something else that might interest me more.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    My Klingon recruit hit 65 more than a week ago. That makes 5 level 65 Klingon characters on my account, in addition to a Klingon aligned Gamma Recruit and 2 Klingon aligned Romulans. I really want a Legendary D7, but anyone with multiple level 65 characters has no use for these dumb level boosts. Why is the console included in the level boost description? Is it locked to the boosted character? Can I use this stupid level boost for my MAIN Klingon who has been max level for years?
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I understand why they don’t have all the versions available as skins, given that the model is quite different for all three. However it would have been nice to at least get the traits.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    If they made this a flight deck carrier like the disco connie, I would buy this. However, without it being a flight deck carrier, I will pass.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    At first glance I'm thinking this doesn't look like a terrible deal at least, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

I'd think definitely worth considering at least but only with the sale price. I'll have to look more closely later because I feel like I'm missing something. lol

Note that you can only claim the other stuff on 1 character. Only the ship is account-wide.

I got the Legendary T'Liss on xbox where I didn't have any Romulan characters (vs. my 5 on PC) and the jump to 65 and gear was nice.
    kaosbain wrote: »
    If they made this a flight deck carrier like the disco connie, I would buy this. However, without it being a flight deck carrier, I will pass.

You're confused. The Disco D7 is the flight carrier, like the Disco connie.

This is the TOS/TMP d7, and it is the equivalent of the TOS/TMP connie (not a flight carrier).

So any expectation that the TOS d7 would be a flight carrier are based on not understanding the above.

That said, hopefully they will release a legendary Disco D7 as well. If they do, that will be the ship you are looking for.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Players: We need more Klingon stuff.
    Devs: heres a legendary Klingon Ship.
    Players: >:(
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Ah, so they went with the worst/temporal version..

I was actually planning to get it if had been the FDC or Destroyer/Kelvin version. Instead they chose the only version I have zero interest in. A pity, and.. their loss.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Bug Ship

Since they put that in a Mudd's choice bundle I kind of doubt that one will get the Legendary treatment any time soon, the Dreadnought Carrier will probably come first.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    How long is the half off thing going to be?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • tvirxtvirx Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Devs: here's a legendary Klingon Ship.

Not the least bit unexpected.

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    As I am really not interested in the 65 jump so 6k is a bit much for 1 ship however, I will likely be getting it.
    It is in a pricerange a little higher than I want to spend for a single ship, but it does include the + 65 boost so I will have to get it
    anyway even thou I am not interested in the boost.
    It is in a pricerange a little higher than I want to spend for a single ship,

It's also not comparable to standard C-store ships, at all.

It is a t6 D7, which until this legendary version was only available from a promo pack, which equates to at least $200 for a SINGLE character unlock.

So being able to get an account unlock version of a ship for $60, that was previously only available as a single character unlock for at least $200, is a hell of a deal.

Comparing the price of this ship to the price of a normal t6 ship in the C-store completely misses the point of what this specific ship actually is.

PS: I'm not trying to come down on you or your post specifically, I'm just using your post as a chance to respond to the point as a whole.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You know what I'm finding interesting...

People are complaining about the seating... and no one noticed that they slipped in a ROMULAN skin for her.

Intel/Miracle Worker is an interesting combo, although I kinda don't use many MW abilities myself.

Still... Legendary Walker's gonna have to wait. I'm gonna get this thing. My KDF needs more love, and my Romulan's getting a treat out of it too.

Personally i am just facepalming because the devs did not even remove the B'rel reference in the stats.
    "Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey Stats"
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    Devs: heres a legendary Klingon Ship.

Some players are very excited because it is a D7.
    Some players are not excited because it does not have the stats they would like.
    Some players simply have no interest in the ship.

Everyone is entitled to their own feelings on this, and no one should feel bad about voicing their opinion.
  • shadowmane20001shadowmane20001 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Will this include the Advanced Disruptors the Disco D7 has?
This discussion has been closed.