Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »

That's just smart.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Where's the Kelvin & Disco skins??

Yeah, whatever, they are different ship classes, but so were the other Legendary ships that still got access to other skin types, so where's the consistency?

Also undo the nerf on surgical strikes to make it worth slotting again.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2021

Yeah, whatever, they are different ship classes, but so were the other Legendary ships that still got access to other skin types, so where's the consistency?

I've never seen them side by side but I've been told they are different sizes, if so then that's why. It's the same reason that the three Connies can't be kitbashed together.

But since the release date is listed as April 1st this bundle is clearly just an April Fools joke anyway 🙃
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    One annoyance, the "level 65 pack" is single-character and the contents are all character-locked. That means unless they tie it to the ship pack (or ship ownership) only one character will get this console:

"SPECIAL BONUS: Console – Universal – Stasis Field Projector
    This never-before-released universal console offers the power to severely debilitate up to 3 nearby targets with the press of just one button! Originally developed by Klingons of the 23rd century, this technology has been upgraded for modern use, with fewer of the original design’s drawbacks."

Also only one character will get these character-locked boffs: "6x Very Rare (Purple) Bridge Officers (2 of each Profession) ..."

The Delta Pack handled that better, with doffs being claimable by every character.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I knew we'd get it, it was pretty obvious. And I foolishly hoped it would be something worthwhile. As it stands, while the combo itself might be interesting, Intel is not worth my time. Too bad, 'cause 6k at launch is a fantastic price that I'd paid quite happily.
    Guess I now know with the utmost certainty what I'll choose as reward from the Event Campaign.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Fascinating. I have absolutely no reason to care about the Legendary D7; looking at the stats, for my purposes the Kelvin version I got a couple years ago is better anyway.

Just as well. I'm currently trying for the Legendary Galaxy-X anyway, which is genuinely better than the existing alternative.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I love how Cryptic consistently kick KDF in the teeth while making it look like a good deal. £39.99 for an intel spec D7 when I'll be getting the Kelvin one for free at the end of the event?

The sad thing is I'd of paid out for a useful spec.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    So their rule applies to Kelvin & Disco but not to Picard, given the legendary T'Liss can supposedly be applied to the temporal T'Liss and other T'liss skins.

Am also wondering about that unique console if it'll be stuck to one character only, if the pack unlocks automatically on the character it is bought, and if it can work on an already L65 KDF. Also, the slot unlocks if already maxed I hope become inventory items to send to other characters.

Am still unsure of this ship as there's too much overlap with the legendary T'Liss (consoles & ship traits), and I'll have to get either a Kelvin or Disco D7 seeing as it's missing from here since I like those skins much more than the originals.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    You know what I'm finding interesting...

People are complaining about the seating... and no one noticed that they slipped in a ROMULAN skin for her.

Intel/Miracle Worker is an interesting combo, although I kinda don't use many MW abilities myself.

Still... Legendary Walker's gonna have to wait. I'm gonna get this thing. My KDF needs more love, and my Romulan's getting a treat out of it too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Well there it is.... KDF are going to get 3 or 4 leg packs instead of getting one proper one. I really hope the sales on the first KDF bundle sucked. When you think Cryptic can't get any greedier... they. Never mind what am I saying, we all knew this was coming. lol
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Am I the only one who thinks this is an April Fools day joke? The ONLY day it will be on sale (I know, I know...) is on April 1st...

Coincidence?

Hmmm...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Do you think the other packs will go on sale?, id like to get the Walker one and this one if they do go on sale.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

People are complaining about the seating... and no one noticed that they slipped in a ROMULAN skin for her.

Intel/Miracle Worker is an interesting combo, although I kinda don't use many MW abilities myself.

Still... Legendary Walker's gonna have to wait. I'm gonna get this thing. My KDF needs more love, and my Romulan's getting a treat out of it too.

I saw the rom skin.. my question is the stats.... are they D7 or B'rel?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Just noticed too... the Subheading on the Stats page says "Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey"...

This is just too suspicious for me...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Just noticed too... the Subheading on the Stats page says "Legendary B'rel Bird of Prey"...

That's normal. They are unable to publish a single blog post without mistakes. It would be suspicious if there weren't any.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well I'll probably get this. My KDF Recruit is using the Legendary T'Liss as I wanted to have that Character use the Enhanced Battle Cloak for the Recruit Tasks.

It would seem that the Tier 6 Trait that the Legendary T'Liss (that i unlocked months ago) that my KDF Recruit had access to right away still 'let' me cycle through and unlock it again.

Additionally, I thought that the Wasteland Arc wasn't available to Characters before Level 65 unless you were a Romulan. My KDF Recruit had access to it early on.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User

200.gif

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Sold! Only because it is a D7/K'tinga... It definitely isn't because of its Not-So-Legendary status.

-AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 (or a mod?) - can you clarify whether the special console will be a single-character unlock or account-wide? It's listed in the jump-to-65 goods which are single-character:

"SPECIAL BONUS: Console – Universal – Stasis Field Projector
    This never-before-released universal console offers the power to severely debilitate up to 3 nearby targets with the press of just one button! Originally developed by Klingons of the 23rd century, this technology has been upgraded for modern use, with fewer of the original design’s drawbacks."
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »

Copy/Paste FTW!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    > @alcyoneserene said:
    > So their rule applies to Kelvin & Disco but not to Picard, given the legendary T'Liss can supposedly be applied to the temporal T'Liss and other T'liss skins.

There is no JJ T'liss or Disco T'liss. Since they are all in the prime timeline with no size retcons, they are all interchangeable in STO.

The JJprise is from a different timeline. The Discoprise is a complete retcon of the original Connie.

The JJ-D7 is from a different timeline. The Disco D7 is a complete retcon of the original D7/Ktinga.

All of these are consistent with how the ship skins have been treated and are as consistent as you can be considering the curve balls that star trek writers throw at us.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Plus I don't want to give Cryptic my money. So guess it's a pass.

Nailed it.

Tza0PEl.png
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    I generally don't buy level-boosting things (in any game) but I think it's kind of hilarious/amazing that they're bringing the stasis beam from The Animated Series. (https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/More_Tribbles,_More_Troubles_(episode) )
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Hmm - looks nice enough but I wouldn't use it in place of my the (DSC) Miracle Worker Flight Deck D7, and the trait doesn't scream 'must have' to me either. Plus I don't want to give Cryptic my money. So guess it's a pass.

Agreed. I still have all the dilithium I saved during the past year for the anniversary bundle - if you can even call it that - so I wouldn't even have to spend a single dime. As it stands, I'll use the token from the Event Campaign. One character unlock, sure, but it's free and I can be okay with that.

Still, you know... apparently we're supposed to be overjoyed because they put a **Romulan** skin on this half-assed attempt to please the playerbase they forgot right from the start, (all while trying to milk us for every penny we can dish out, nevermind the fact that they couldn't care less about us).
    Because yes, the majority of KDF players are actually Rom KDF-aligned that have been complaining about not having **romulan skins** for their ships, and not KDF players that have been complaining about a rather severe unfair treatment.
    My bad!
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Came here to post the same... i know what i'll get... perhaps for many of my accounts :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Hmm - looks nice enough but I wouldn't use it in place of my the (DSC) Miracle Worker Flight Deck D7, and the trait doesn't scream 'must have' to me either. Plus I don't want to give Cryptic my money. So guess it's a pass.

Agreed. I still have all the dilithium I saved during the past year for the anniversary bundle - if you can even call it that - so I wouldn't even have to spend a single dime. As it stands, I'll use the token from the Event Campaign. One character unlock, sure, but it's free and I can be okay with that.

Still, you know... apparently we're supposed to be overjoyed because they put a **Romulan** skin on this half-assed attempt to please the playerbase they forgot right from the start, (all while trying to milk us for every penny we can dish out, nevermind the fact that they couldn't care less about us).
    Because yes, the majority of KDF players are actually Rom KDF-aligned that have been complaining about not having **romulan skins** for their ships, and not KDF players that have been complaining about a rather severe unfair treatment.
    My bad!

If I was starting out, then maybe it'll be a decent deal.

Thing is I am getting either the Kelvin or Disco (probably Disco) D7 for nothing at the end of the mega event so why spend £39.99 on a D7 and a whole load of stuff I won't use? My KDF alt from the recruitment event is already 65.

The D7 has the absolute worst spec of the lot, it's like they are trying to set up this bundle to fail.

After checking, even the temporal D7 (which I can get for free from mega event) is better than the "legendary" D7.
This discussion has been closed.