test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Step Between the Stars

jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
I'm trying to do this mission, but I keep dying the instant I step into the "launch" area. Why is this?

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    If I remember the mish correctly, it has to be one of the Dyson EV suits as well. A 'regular' EV suit isn't strong enough to save your bacon, or more accurately, prevent you from BECOMING bacon. Also, you need to activate the suit as just having it equipped isn't enough.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Or take the suit from the crate, equip it, and turn it on?

Turning it on is probably the missing step. Is your headlamp on? No? You'll die soon.

Also, once you can breathe again it will be time for happy fun puzzles: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Isolinear_Chip_Alignment
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Or take the suit from the crate, equip it, and turn it on?

Turning it on is probably the missing step. Is your headlamp on? No? You'll die soon.

Also, once you can breathe again it will be time for happy fun puzzles: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Isolinear_Chip_Alignment

I think you're confusing "A Step Between Stars" with "Boldly They Rode."
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Has to be one of the Solanae Dyson suits. I just completed this arc with my new KDF and jumped in with the veteran reward suit and poof, burning Klingon. Just take one of the provided Dyson suits, activate it, and you're good to go.

Also, as a side note, if you do the mission three times, or just grab a suit and exit the mission twice, and get all three suits you get an extra accolade. In fact Step between stars has tons of accolades. Enjoy!
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    the choice of suit depends on what defense mechanism you choose earlier, the drones the lasers or none, IIRC. and if you have all three, you can get an upgrade from the lobi store
    Spock.jpg