test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega capture

Second day of the 11th Anniversary Omega grind and Q only gave me the 1st acquisition spot (Vulcan-ground).Nothing shows as a yellow circle on the galaxy map to continue the mission-are we to just visit every possible location and hope we run across them?And my new Klingon character cannot continue in her story line progression-love the constant release of new broken content-the only constant in arc/cryptic’s STO universe

Comments

• Options
    dudimus#1694 dudimus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I guess I'm Lucky. I got 2 of the 3. :s
  • Options
    cosminciuc#5570 cosminciuc Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I'm having a similar issue. On the second day of anniversary event only two locations have been listed. I was able to collect all three types of particles but I cannot complete the mission.
    Please advise.
  • Options
    sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    How many spots are you supposed to go to in order to farm Omega particles? First time trying it today and he only gave me two locations. Both are cleared, but I can't turn in the mission.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • Options
    sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I'm reading on the STO Wiki that this is the exact same bug from the 2019 Anniversary Event.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Omega_Molecule_Stabilization#Notes

In 2019 (9 Year Anniversary Event), the mission was initially broken on console in the context that, on the second day of the event when the mission was acquired, fewer than the three locations required to complete the mission were listed in the description. No player-based troubleshooting yielded results. The issue appeared to have been resolved by the patch implemented on 3/12.

Geez, people. Fix your stuff.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • Options
    kojekoje Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Yep. This exact same thing happens every year.
  • Options
    renegadeslug#6915 renegadeslug Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Its broken on my Fed toons, KDF are fine. For 2 days they've gotten only 2 locations so I can't turn them in.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I'm reading on the STO Wiki that this is the exact same bug from the 2019 Anniversary Event.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Omega_Molecule_Stabilization#Notes

In 2019 (9 Year Anniversary Event), the mission was initially broken on console in the context that, on the second day of the event when the mission was acquired, fewer than the three locations required to complete the mission were listed in the description. No player-based troubleshooting yielded results. The issue appeared to have been resolved by the patch implemented on 3/12.

Geez, people. Fix your stuff.

And the 2020 Anniversary.
  • Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Experiencing it here too. Sigh... at least I got my Party Popper while I could on the first day. Waiting for the patch...again. :s
  • Options
    cosminciuc#5570 cosminciuc Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Today I've tried to drop the mission and acquire it again. I had no success. I got again a mission with only two tasks instead of three.
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Same. Got mission with two destinations. Dropped the mission and picked it up again. Only received same two locations.
  • Options
    Hotfix deployed today. All three locations are coming up now and the Omega Op can be completed. Glad it didn’t take them as long to fix it this year. Whoot!
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Hopefully next year when this bug happens again, the time it takes for them to deploy a fix will be even less than it was this year.
  • Options
    Or maybe they’ll finally get it right at the initial roll-out for the first time.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Today, I had only 2 destinations again. :disappointed:
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Was given 5 destinations today - something is clearly broken in the 'giving' of this mission.
    Of course, after completing 3 of them, I could turn in the mission.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    After a few days of getting four locations, which is fine because you can still complete the mission, this morning I was only offered two locations again.

Surely after three years of this not working properly, a permanent fix could be found by now.