test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any space set recomandations for both a t6 mogai heavy warbird and a khopesh tactical dreadnought

I am wondering if there are any space sets recommend for a t6 mogia heavy warbird not the fleet version, and a t6 khopesh tactical dreadnought. I like to use both ships from time to time. I am mainly looking for survivability and a bit on dps space sets and space weapons from the reputation.

I normally use the iconian set just wondering if there a better set then that one or if it is still good. And this is for the Xbox version of the game.

Comments

• romulan224#0608 romulan224 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Oh I could try those and what about the reputation sets? Are there any there I could mix and match?
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I would suggest the Nukara Deflector and engine together with Terran Shield and core.

Nukara deflector - has good stats for survivability
    Nukara engine - completes the 2-pc bonus giving bonus energy damage as Wes mentioned
    Terran shield - covariant shield with a chance to reflect damage back to attacker as disruptor damage
    Terran core - increases all power levels and completes the 2pc bonus giving more shield capacity and increasing the reflected damage from the shield
    Thank you all of you. I hear the discovery rep seems to be decent will that work with romulan ships. And is the iconian set still good or did it get nerfed?
    Thank you all of you. I hear the discovery rep seems to be decent will that work with romulan ships. And is the iconian set still good or did it get nerfed?

I would say that the Discovery set is more geared for beefier ships such as dreads or cruisers. So you could use it on your Khopesh rather effectively, but perhaps not so much on the Mogai.
    Thank you so much I may have to try them out and see which one I like the best. Are there any space reputation weapons I should try. I normally run herald weapons on my ships. I know crafting weapons is one way to get the best weapons. I was just wondering if any of the space weapons form the reputation, are worth trying out.
    If you are going for a true Romulan build, you can't go wrong with the Romulan Rep weapon set. I would also add to that the Lukari plasma beam and console for the 2-pc bonus; however this does require having achieved T6 Lukari rep.

In general, I would say it doesn't really matter as long as you are consistant with your energy type.
    Terran disruptor set together with the Romulan distruptor set (requires T6 rep) makes a good combo.
    I also like the Delta polaron set together with the Temporal polaron (requires T6 rep) on my sci captains.
    > @garaffe said:
    > If you are going for a true Romulan build, you can't go wrong with the Romulan Rep weapon set. I would also add to that the Lukari plasma beam and console for the 2-pc bonus; however this does require having achieved T6 Lukari rep.
    >
    > In general, I would say it doesn't really matter as long as you are consistant with your energy type.
    > Terran disruptor set together with the Romulan distruptor set (requires T6 rep) makes a good combo.
    > I also like the Delta polaron set together with the Temporal polaron (requires T6 rep) on my sci captains.

I might have to try that on when I get t6 on the romulan I am currently at t5 with it.
    I want to thank everyone who comment on here. You all given me new ideas to try out on my romulan characters.
    My favorite damage type is antiproton I do have some herald ones. But I think I will try the Terran disruptor weapons set.
    I do have one last question what could I mix with the iconian spade set. And if I go with with the iconian set whet pieces are worth it. And if the iconian set works better for a mogai or a khopesh.
    I do have one last question what could I mix with the iconian spade set. And if I go with with the iconian set whet pieces are worth it. And if the iconian set works better for a mogai or a khopesh.

Weapon or equipment set?

Equipment set would be good for either of those ships.

Weapon set I would pair with the competitve weapon set, antiproton variant (requires tier 6 reputation, quite a grind) and the quantum phase torpedo and console. Fill in the remaining weapon slots with some good antiproton beams.
    > @garaffe said:
    > Weapon or equipment set?
    >
    > Equipment set would be good for either of those ships.
    >
    > Weapon set I would pair with the competitve weapon set, antiproton variant (requires tier 6 reputation, quite a grind) and the quantum phase torpedo and console. Fill in the remaining weapon slots with some good antiproton beams.

I was going more with with space equipment I mean is the two piece set better then the Terran one. Because I do like using antiproton weapons mainly the herald ones.
    I haven't used the Iconian space equipment set myself very much. I have found however, that the 2-pc bonus does not really do much for my playstyle because I don't manually redistribute my shields. The real draw of the set are the 3-pc and 4-pc bonuses, so if you want to use this set, I would suggest to use the entire set, or at least 3 of the pieces.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    I am wondering if there are any space sets recommend for a t6 mogia heavy warbird ... and a t6 khopesh tactical dreadnought. I am mainly looking for survivability and a bit on dps space sets ...

I normally use the iconian set just wondering if there a better set then that one or if it is still good.
    One popular setup works just too good not to mention - Fleet Colony Intervention Deflector + Competitive Fortified Engines + Discovery Core or Singularity + Shield. For a variety of ships from tiny Raiders to larger ships the combination seems superb.

The extra hull capacity and regen makes things feel sturdy and feed the ColoCrit modifier on the deflector ( + CrtH/D based on hull percentage) with the Discovery reputation space trait Tyler's Duality yielding even more CrtH based on hull capacity. The end result is a silly good combination of damage and survivability with the engines adding a fast way to get around a map.

Adding the Discovery reputation Lorca's Custom Fire Control's yields even more CrtH with the Mogai I have using the set above at just over 46% as well as having three separate triggers for the Fortified engines speed boost.
    I heard the discovery rep is better for more tanker ships then a mogia. Now I do like antiproton weapons and I normally put the trop from the Phoenix prize pack. Are there any better beam weapons and trop combinations?
    I heard the discovery rep is better for more tanker ships then a mogia. Now I do like antiproton weapons and I normally put the trop from the Phoenix prize pack. Are there any better beam weapons and trop combinations?
    My kdf 2255 recruit uses the same set pieces as described above on a Temer Alliance Raider that has less hull than a Mogai. It seems to be working very well from all perspectives - fun, increased hull and hull regen, resting CrtH, seat of the pants feel, and parse. It made a lighter ship more survivable while increasing the damage it does. The same gear seems to work well on my Mogai too (all three of them).

I'd usually use cannons on a Mogai but that's just my own personal preference. It's such such a versatile and well balanced ship it's hard to go wrong.

Have also had good results in leaving the torpedo off beam builds as it appears to reduce performance. They're still good fun for doing missions, casual TFO's and a canon experience though and yes I still use a torp at times. That's what loadouts are for.

It's just that there's lot's of good filler boff tactical abilities available that buff all your energy weapons like Kemocite Laced Weaponry (exchange) or Best Served Cold (winter event store) versus a single torpedo.

These are all things that work well for me so just passing them along :smile:
    Perhaps I will try this set up on my half Kling/half Rom tactical KDF recruit for his Temer class. I normally run EPG or stealth torp builds, so it might be fun to try an energy build.
    Good thing I have two romulan alt characters to try both builds listed in here that I liked the most. Granted when they are both above level fifty. I am using the c store of the morgia not the fleet version since the khopesh does not have a fleet version. Again I want to thank everyone for there advice. Now for one last thing which are better fleet weapons or crafted ones for “endgame” tfos and red alert events?
    One benefit of crafted weapons is that they're bound to account and not to character like the Fleet weapons. I lean towards crafted weapons in combination with mission and reputation gear to form sets. For Fleet weapons the ones with the CrtD [Dmg]x3 modifier are pretty nice, for crafted you can add a [pen] modifier with any combination of Dmg and CrtD. Both work great.
    edited March 2021
    I tend to use mostly mission reward sets and reputation sets in all my builds, which the occasional crafted omni where there is room for it. Oh, and always the crafted Particle Emission Plasma Torp.

Then again, all my builds are EPG or torp builds with no emphasis whatsoever on energy damage.
    Again I want to thank everyone for there input on here. But I notice people say nuka or fleet as the best deflector. Now I wonder is there a better rep shield then the iconain shield and did the iconain rep get nerfed? It seem tanker around house devided then now. This was on a khopesh not a mogia.
    Depends on what set bonuses you are aiming for. But in general, I tend to go for covariant shields as a preference, but I usually just use the shield that comes with the set I am sporting.
    But I notice people say nuka or fleet as the best deflector.
    The Nukara deflector was recommended to be used in combination with a second Nukara space set piece for it's 2 piece damage bonus.
    Now I wonder is there a better rep shield then the iconain shield and did the iconain rep get nerfed?
    As a stand alone shield (single item) the Iconian shield is very good. But as others have said the Iconian set is all about it's 3 or 4 piece set bonus (team buffs) .

But... if you have access to a Tier 3 Colony Fleet holding the Fleet Colony Intervention Deflector + Competitive Rep Engines + Discovery Rep Core or Singularity + Shield remains a top choice for PvE gameplay.

The extra CrtH/D based on hull cap from the deflector combined with the extra hull cap and regen from the Discovery 2 piece and yet even more CrtH based on hull cap from the reputation space trait Tyler's Duality all work together in a way that's hard to beat. The competitive engines get you around a map faster.

I give the combination a rating of :o (jaw dropping scary awesomeness that makes you smile) :)