test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More ship interactivity suggestions

narek15narek15 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Federation Discussion
I have experienced the new update - Season 8 The Sphere, and must say it was quite amazing. Just the experience of flying around a Dyson Sphere and fighting the Voth in the Delta Quadrant was stunning. The only issue I had was the fact that it seems like sometimes Dyson Sphere starts to lag (not sure if it's because of load of other captains or my system, but honestly so far the game ran like a charm on my system) but may be the Developers will look into it eventually. Either way Star Trek Online is becoming better and better especially to Trekkies like me :)

What I would truly love to see is a few more additions into the gameplay to kind of mesh up ground and space aspects of the game, kind of like they did it with Star Wars Battlefront Elity Squadron. Things like orbital bombardment, where we could order our ship to start bombing an enemy after we have achieved a certain goal, so that we wouldn't lose the taste of the game. Also it would be nice to have our ship appear together with the player more, or at least more interactive with the ground system, like in Star Trek Into Darkness where we saw the Enterprise fly out of water and leave atmosphere. Just imagining the view of my USS Atlantis blasting through the atmosphere of a planet sounds amazing :)

Do developers ever look through the forum for suggestions?
What does everyone think?
Captain Narek of the USS Atlantis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by narek15 on

Comments

• Options
    yuki109yuki109 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sounds great and also Very hard to code into the game

if they can do it then great but don't expect it for 3-4 years
  • Options
    narek15narek15 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, that's true. As I have mentioned there is obvious split between ground and space maps, however it should be possible. It could be a single player map just for one player with certain quests to complete and then we would get to see our ship. But yes you are right it is hard to combine the two kinds of gameplay mainly because of the way the game was coded - that is there would only be space maps/sector space and ground maps. Hopefully at some point the developers will decide to create a hybrid map of some sort.
    Captain Narek of the USS Atlantis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The dyson sphere lags all the time for me. There's just way too much going on for my computer to keep up. Its not terribly bad, but I do end up playing frame by frame rather than smoothly. And this is with graphics turned down to nothing. Its really the only place I have this issue, aside from certain systems during the stroyline missions.
  • Options
    daynetreader#5229 daynetreader Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    ghyudt wrote: »
    The dyson sphere lags all the time for me. There's just way too much going on for my computer to keep up. Its not terribly bad, but I do end up playing frame by frame rather than smoothly. And this is with graphics turned down to nothing. Its really the only place I have this issue, aside from certain systems during the stroyline missions.

This is, unfortunately, nothing that we are able to fix as players, it's probably due to a bunch of unoptimized code.