test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Billing problems & poor response

Has anyone else had a problem accessing subscription management? My credit card on file was stolen recently (had nothing to do with STO) so I had to replace it. In the interim, my monthly charge hit and was declined, so my account was cancelled. For the first day I could get into my ARC acct, but when I clicked" manage subscriptions" in the Account screen I was redirected and couldn't get into cryptic at all, so I submitted a ticket. The next day, I was able to get into cryptic, but it only displayed that my credit card info (last 4 of the old one) and that my account was cancelled; there was no option to change the card or update the subscription (the FAQ on how to do it said it would be under the main menu heading, but there was no such heading).

I tried another route. From ARC support articles I followed the one called "Why does my subscription say suspended or cancelled?" This directed me to a page for buying lifetime accounts, at the bottom of which was a (very small) line that said "need to manage your STO Gold subscription? Click HERE." When I clicked the specified link, it directed me to a cryptic URL that said the page does not exist.

Its been 4 or 5 days now since I submitted the first ticket, and the only communication from Arc support was an email telling me not to submit duplicate tickets on the same problem (I had submitted a second ticket because the problem had ceased to be not accessing ARC and had become not having any option to change my card on file or subscription). I'm at my wits' end. I'm running out of room in the banks and ships of all my characters because I don't want to sell anything while I can't collect EC, and I'm missing out on millions of EC from admiralty and Duty officer assignments. Once I'm out of storage there really won't be a point in playing anymore.

I know this isn't strictly what this forum is for, but with ARC support both unresponsive and ineffective, I don't know where else to turn. Any suggestions? Anyone? Please?
Tagged:

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    if you hower on ec amount it should show 2bili or 15mil ,if 15mil there is a 500z purchase optn. for 2bili
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    have you tried adding a new payment method .... https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017624534
  • rhaegrrhaegr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    have you tried adding a new payment method .... https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017624534

I have tried this. The problem is that there is no "main menu" option once you log into cryptic; the only options are "account guard," "Manage subscription" and "Logoff." Within those, the only settings you can change are to enable or disable account guard, and, within that, to purge approved ip addresses. But thank you foe the response=)

rhaegr wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »

I have tried this. The problem is that there is no "main menu" option once you log into cryptic; the only options are "account guard," "Manage subscription" and "Logoff." Within those, the only settings you can change are to enable or disable account guard, and, within that, to purge approved ip addresses. But thank you foe the response=)

Darn so you can't

Click on "Main Menu"
    Click on "Manage Payment Methods"
    Click "Create a new payment method"
    Enter the complete payment information and click the 'Submit' button
    edited March 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    The difficulty in finding info on the subscription MIGHT be because they discontinued allowing new players to sign up for the monthly sub some time ago (EDIT: I researched the date: May 2018)... people like yourself were grandfathered in, but it's otherwise a binary choice of LTS or free, now.

I *believe* that the EC cap does not switch back down when you go from the (now discontinued) monthly sub to free... it's an unlock.

Something to test anyway...

Thank you for your response; I had absolutely no idea the monthly sub had been discontinued. I'm pretty sure this is exactly the information I needed. Would have been lovely of ARC to tell me this sometime in the week since I submitted the ticket. Thank you!!!

Pursuant to your response, I found the old article regarding the switch, which was rather helpful.

BTW, I did check my EC cap. It is at 15 million, so I'm assuming it does go back down when you discontinue your subscription.
    garaks31 wrote: »
    if you hower on ec amount it should show 2bili or 15mil ,if 15mil there is a 500z purchase optn. for 2bili

Just found the cap increase on the ZEN store. Problem solved. Thank you!!!!

rhaegr wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    The difficulty in finding info on the subscription MIGHT be because they discontinued allowing new players to sign up for the monthly sub some time ago (EDIT: I researched the date: May 2018)... people like yourself were grandfathered in, but it's otherwise a binary choice of LTS or free, now.

I *believe* that the EC cap does not switch back down when you go from the (now discontinued) monthly sub to free... it's an unlock.

Something to test anyway...

Thank you for your response; I had absolutely no idea the monthly sub had been discontinued. I'm pretty sure this is exactly the information I needed. Would have been lovely of ARC to tell me this sometime in the week since I submitted the ticket. Thank you!!!

Pursuant to your response, I found the old article regarding the switch, which was rather helpful.

BTW, I did check my EC cap. It is at 15 million, so I'm assuming it does go back down when you discontinue your subscription.

The cap doesn't reduce on discontinue of Sub so you are ok