test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

32nd century uniforms

shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
So with the release of the Janeway Class when do you all think we will get the uniforms
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Next Lockbox I'd assume. Probably along with an Eisenberg Class.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Could just be a free give away like the Picard 2399 uniforms, some of us are still waiting for Picard 2385 uniforms

2b032da64122ad0b3b25c30a06da125f.jpg

272ea70f2cc03abef5f4d31f7278613f.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Free for a limited time and then, 6,000 Zen in Mudd's Market, like the Kelvin Timeline Admiral uniform.
    11,000 for the "32nd century and 2385 uniforms" pack.

I can unfortunately see it happening.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Free for a limited time and then, 6,000 Zen in Mudd's Market, like the Kelvin Timeline Admiral uniform.

I could even see them forgoing the free for a limited time and just flat out charging for it. Could see them making it a 1% drop rate in a lock box with the 32nd century phasers
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

I could even see them forgoing the free for a limited time and just flat out charging for it. Could see them making it a 1% drop rate in a lock box with the 32nd century phasers

Never seen them lockbox a uniform
    Could just be a free give away like the Picard 2399 uniforms, some of us are still waiting for Picard 2385 uniforms

2b032da64122ad0b3b25c30a06da125f.jpg

272ea70f2cc03abef5f4d31f7278613f.jpg

I would like to see those 2385 ones as well
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Considering what a downgrade they were compared to 23c disco uniforms I think I pass but I guess we get them for completion anyway.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    > @shadowkosh said:
    > Never seen them lockbox a uniform

The 29c temporal uniform (Wells) and the Kelvin Timeline Klingon Regalia are lockbox. I'm sure there are others but those come to mind.

Edit: See below, I was mistaken. Those are Lobi, not lockbox 😅
    Post edited by angrytarg on
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:
    > the wells are available via lobi, if i recall correctly. the other i think is as well. (unless you meant they started as LBs)

Oh, my bad, I must have confused those. No, I think they have always been Lobi then 😅
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »

We never saw a mass produced Starfleet vessel as a promo ship, till we did.
    What I would like is for them to update the TWOK uniforms
    > @shadowkosh said:
    > What I would like is for them to update the TWOK uniforms

Are those still 2 mil dilithium a piece per character? If so, they shoukd acknowledge that experiment failed and just make them available otherwise.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @shadowkosh said:
    > What I would like is for them to update the TWOK uniforms

Are those still 2 mil dilithium a piece per character? If so, they shoukd acknowledge that experiment failed and just make them available otherwise.

The regular uniforms are available but the others are lobi
    > @shadowkosh said:
    > The regular uniforms are available but the others are lobi

They put the vest etc in the Lobi store then? Lobi is still not great but better than those dil moon prices 😁
    lFC4bt2.gif
    True but they definitely need to do something about the TWOK uniforms in the lobi store
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »

We never saw a mass produced Starfleet vessel as a promo ship, till we did.

But there had always been ships in those boxes, and the distinctions about faction ships were always nothing more than player speculation.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @shadowkosh said:
    > The regular uniforms are available but the others are lobi

They put the vest etc in the Lobi store then? Lobi is still not great but better than those dil moon prices 😁

The experiment did work to a slight degree, as you could see people wearing them sometimes before they were swapped to the Lobi store. That change was acknowledgement that they no longer served their purpose as dilithium sinks, since everyone who was likely to get them that way had already done so. If we're being honest, anything but maybe the Excursion coat is probably at least as expensive in the Lobi store as it was for straight dilithium, with the caveat that you might be able to sell the other stuff that you received from the lockboxes to recoup some of your costs, and the fact that they have loosened up on Lobi in the past year to make it available from these multi stage event campaigns. Good luck with any of the ways to purchase them if you want them on multiple characters, though.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    the distinctions about faction ships were always nothing more than player speculation.

It's hard to say that for sure, it's been so long and the devs have done so many interviews with different people that it would be almost impossible to find the one where promo / lockbox and C-Store distinctions may have been mentioned, if the interview is even available at all anymore. It could be that players read too much into what someone said, or it could be that someone like Geko did actually say it in the early days and things changed later on, unless we can track down everything the devs said back then we will never know for sure. I actually tried looking into it myself last year with a focus on Priority One, but a decent number of their earliest podcasts aren't available anymore and what is available is from after the first promo and lockbox ships were released.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.