test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starship Traits question (re: crossfaction unlock)

westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,479 Arc User
Just curious here... I was trying to compile a list of starship traits available to my various characters...

Are there any traits that were previously not available to Federation, but available to other faction(s), from shipyard / Zen store ships ?

The only ones I can think of are the ones from the Delta pack (although some / all can be claimed from dil store). But are there others?

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Honestly I don't think there truly is that many Cryptic has pretty good at giving either the same trait or differently named but essentially functionally equivalent trait for both factions for shipyard/zen Store ships, only time you really got lockbox/promo ships and even there you got the trait via a price box anyway.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The Delta pack is the only place that was a thing, as I am aware. The AOY pack and other FED standalones used the dil store unlocks, which still continue to work after the great merger. The KDF never got any ships with traits the Feds didn't, except from box ships and the delta pack.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    ..none come to mind. The federation definitely got spoiled for choice for starship traits. I'm pretty sure the only T6 ships the Federation didn't get a trait-counterpart to were the 4 Delta Rising Launch ships that the Rom/KDF got. (Qib, Mat'ha, Faeht, Aelahl).

As a side note, I really wish they'd un-restrict the consoles from that era of ships. A lot of them are actually pretty good, but they're limited to those aging ships. Would love to be able to put the Aelahl console or Disruptor Autocannons on any ship, and it would breathe new life/value into those ships for newer players to buy them.
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    The KDF/Jem'Hadar/Romulan traits from the Cross-Faction Temporal Warship bundle come to mind, not that they're all that different from the Fed one. However, they way they're coded, you may not be able to get the alternate versions on a Fed char anyways, since it's tied to the char's faction not the ship's faction. (Kholhr on a Fed char gives Heart of Sol not Pride Of Mol'rihan.)

The Legendary B'Rel and Vor'cha have new Mastery VI traits, however once obtained they are account unlock, and the package includes an unlock for cross faction flying.

Other then that, I think any traits formerly KDF only, or KDF + Console/Trait pack only traits would be lockbox, lobi, promo, or phoenix ship traits.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    The KDF/Jem'Hadar/Romulan traits from the Cross-Faction Temporal Warship bundle come to mind, not that they're all that different from the Fed one. However, they way they're coded, you may not be able to get the alternate versions on a Fed char anyways, since it's tied to the char's faction not the ship's faction. (Kholhr on a Fed char gives Heart of Sol not Pride Of Mol'rihan.)
    The Temporal Warship bundle trait is for all intents and purposes the same trait "give boost to the 'default' energy type of your faction" with different names and energy types, nor is it tied to the ship IIRC but rather the character.