test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet doff contributions

redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
Please for the love of Nimoy. This has been an unnecessary pain since the dawn of fleets. Can we make green doffs count for 3 white doffs and blue doffs count for 9 white doffs and purple doffs count for 27 white doffs? Put a tax on it so it's 2, 7, 25. I won't care. The grinding and crunching and moving and slow janky interface that sometimes misses is just incredibly misplaced in the middle of a process that is at its heart a community effort.

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    those slots could be changed to FM donations. with min. 500 members. not even an armada of t5 fleets provide enough FM slots currently.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    redricky wrote: »
    Please for the love of Nimoy. This has been an unnecessary pain since the dawn of fleets. Can we make green doffs count for 3 white doffs and blue doffs count for 9 white doffs and purple doffs count for 27 white doffs? Put a tax on it so it's 2, 7, 25. I won't care. The grinding and crunching and moving and slow janky interface that sometimes misses is just incredibly misplaced in the middle of a process that is at its heart a community effort.

I know there's only a couple of holdings where we can donate Uncommon DOFFs then the rest are all Common.

For the converting Cryptic already has a process implemented for that. You just have to take the time & put forth the effort in downgrading &/or upgrading your DOFFs as you wish then use or donate accordingly.

It would be nice if the hole system would be streamlined to where we could all get fleet credits whenever we wanted but I'm sure Cryptic has their reasons for placing a few interruptions in that process, maybe.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Never bothered with downgrading. I just buy bulk white doffs on the starbase & then donate them immediately. It's not like I don't have excess fleet credits to spend on it. /shrug
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    Yea I admit that would be a nice to see!

I mean you can downgrade or upgrade them all at Academy, I know you are aware of that 4 for 1 upgrade, yet as @westmetals correctly pointed out below downgrades are already 3 to 1.

I also greatly like the idea, especially regarding Uncommon (Green) Duty Officers for donation. I wouldn't expect it to be as high a reward had I gone thru the Academy, so I think the best we'd hope for would be 500 Fleet Credit for Uncommon Duty Officers! I just think it be nice to provide individuals another option, depending where people are, and how fast they want to fill a project.

Still you've taken a fair approach to your recommendation, and maybe they might just consider it. ??

@ambassadorkael#6946
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    Good Point, I recalled the upgrade process, yet hadn't the downgrade as all our Holding are fully upgrade except Colony which doesn't use DOFF. Still I like the idea, simply as it provides an alternative option. I think the OP suggested only 500 Credit's for Uncommon, so you'd still get more via the Academy downgrade.

But thank you for clarifying that point.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    The easiest way to deal with duty officers is to buy them with your fleet credit surpluses. In my case, nearly all of our duty officer donations were bankrolled by my fleet credits. It's much faster and cheaper to buy them from the fleet than buying them off the exchange. And you don't have to grind them down to white.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Yes, unless you're just starting out afresh the idea is to recycle fleet marks. It is amazing how many doffs you can produce via the Academy assignments though. Either way grinding is part of Fleet life. They have a slider at the Starbase now for doff purchases. This change really helped reduce the number of daily clicks needed.
This discussion has been closed.