test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you think Jmpok will be gone?

13»

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    In my opinion Koth seemed like a better option than Grethor, but that might just be the introvert in me talking, I don't understand the need for interaction with other people.

An eternity alone with absolutely zero interaction of any kind...
    Yea I'd probaly go stir crazy myself, because as we saw... there was NOTHING there. At all. Just... flat. Not even a book or a frickin' STICK!

While I'm quite introverted myself, having been forced to undergo quarantine during late January, I can say from experience that there's a world of difference between being able but not interacting often and not being able to interact.

And I still had full access to TV, internet and so on, I just couldn't leave my apartment with Koth there's nothing there for eternity.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    A bit off topic but I was wondering if they have plans to revamp the federation and romulan intro like they did with the Klingons? But I am a bit sadden they turned J'mpok into a mad tyrant. I kinda liked him more then Quinn but not more then D’tan and the founders are alright. I am hoping that this J'mpok Is a undine or changeling and this can end peacefully.

The Romulan intro is already high quality, and Fed has three different intros depending on era you start in. Also the normal 2409 Fed intro was revamped years ago already. Originally you started as an ensign during the Borg attack on Vega Colony, and ended up being the highest ranking officer left on the ship. Now you start as a Cadet, get into a fight with Klingons who kill your Captain, then respond to Vega Colony.

As for J'mpok...we're talking Klingon politics. Peaceful is unlikely. And it doesn't make sense for an Undine as the Klingons were the first to discover Undine Infiltration, and a Changeling is unlikely as for the most part the Dominion, until the Gamma Arc, has been pretty hands off on the Alpha Quadrant and don't seem interested in trying to destablizing anyone right now, especially in their weakened condition after the Hur'q conflict.
    No... J'mpok has been in a downward spiral for some time now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    In my opinion Koth seemed like a better option than Grethor, but that might just be the introvert in me talking, I don't understand the need for interaction with other people.

Yea I'd probaly go stir crazy myself, because as we saw... there was NOTHING there. At all. Just... flat. Not even a book or a frickin' STICK!

While I'm quite introverted myself, having been forced to undergo quarantine during late January, I can say from experience that there's a world of difference between being able but not interacting often and not being able to interact.

And I still had full access to TV, internet and so on, I just couldn't leave my apartment with Koth there's nothing there for eternity.

If a human was stuck there, they would definitely go insane; Klingon psychology might be different to Human psychology of course, but Gowron's explanation of his preference for Gre'thor over Koth makes total sense.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

If a human was stuck there, they would definitely go insane; Klingon psychology might be different to Human psychology of course, but Gowron's explanation of his preference for Gre'thor over Koth makes total sense.

Well based on everything we're told about Klingon psychology (which I'll admit isn't much) I'd say they'd take it worse then humans, think about ending up in Koth means you're neither famous or infamous to be remembered (generally speaking that is) and the Klingon psyche seems to revolve around the "legend" they'll leave behind. In that sense it would be easier for a klingon to accept that future generation would say "that dishonorable *insert fitting insult here*" then "who?" what ending up in Koth would imply.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Well based on everything we're told about Klingon psychology (which I'll admit isn't much) I'd say they'd take it worse then humans, think about ending up in Koth means you're neither famous or infamous to be remembered (generally speaking that is) and the Klingon psyche seems to revolve around the "legend" they'll leave behind. In that sense it would be easier for a klingon to accept that future generation would say "that dishonorable *insert fitting insult here*" then "who?" what ending up in Koth would imply.
    Plus, no bloodwine, no drunk dumbass to punch, no fierce lady to growl at, no battle to fight and win? A fate worse than Hell for Klingons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jz6aIqMG_Y

No wonder Gowron looked like he was about to bro-hug Martok when he saw him despite the bad blood between the two during the end of the Dominion War.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
This discussion has been closed.