test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips and Tricks Guide for: Assault on Terok Nor

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
edited April 2019 in Player Guides
Welcome Captains!

This is the Star Trek Online Tips and Tricks Guide for: Assault on Terok Nor

The purpose of this thread series is to provide a central repository for seeking and offering advice, tactics, builds, etc., for Task Force Operations, Events, and missions in-game.

Have a question? Have advice? Know of an effective build? Best tactics to get the optionals?

Share your experiences here!

The idea is to help players be more successful and have a more positive experience when playing these missions.

Please adhere to the Community Rules & Policies, as well as, the Frequently Created Threads rules when posting in this thread.

Thank you for your participation in making the Star Trek Online Forum Community a helpful and positive experience for all players. Engage!
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
  • sannia1sannia1 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Regarding the section where you're ambushed between the force fields:

You have to press consoles in the right sequence. Is this for the party or are they individually tracked? Honestly, it's chaos every time you're in there and I'm not entirely sure if I've been the only one on the team going for consoles or not.

But, I haven't seen the 'incorrect choice - resetting' notice while running between consoles, nor have had a known pattern interrupted. That implies either I've never been on a team with more than one person doing consoles or it's individually tracked and you might as well have all five players try it.

Keep in mind, I'm *asking* if this is the case - anyone know for sure?
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    It's whole team. So you should only have one person doing consoles.

Late to the party on this, but it's definitely not for the whole team. I've been working on them while others do and sometimes I get it done first, while other times someone else gets it done first, and their clicks never interrupt my cycle, only my own do while I'm figuring out the pattern.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • altston1909#2309 altston1909 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Any of you use the personal transporter kit modules to transport to the terran grenate throwers on the upper level in order to neutralize them? You can set crystals along the upper level and they'll mostly target them and you leaving your team suffering much fewer attacks. I've never seen anyone else use this trick but it has proved very helpful to the teams I was in.
  • des101des101 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Possibly one of the more annoying TFO's out there..

First part - Easy: Just clear the NPC's that spawn. protect the npc's in the lower room and clear all the spawns until the timer runs down.

Second Part- Annoying: Stuck between 2 x forcefields whilst having to figure out the correct sequence of consoles to press to be able to progress. As already mentioned, this is unique to each player so on the random groups, if you don't see anyone running from console to console, then just do it yourself. It's pure luck if you get the correct sequence done in 30 seconds or it takes minutes.. Also, need to keep on top on the npc's which spawn on the ground and those above which throw grenades.

Final Part - Annoying: Getting Leeta onto the pads and trying to get them activated is again, hit & miss. Sometimes, you can get this done in under 2 minutes yet other times, it can be a nightmare!
    In Random groups, this can be hit & miss to how long it takes depending on if she follows you onto the pads, if another player activates them or not, OR you will find (and this happens more often than not), she stands around a lot, won't follow you (or the person she has aggro'd & you can be faffing about for quite a while trying to get her to move onto a Pad.

Best way I've found for the final part is to just focus on her, find a console for one of the Pads and loiter until she moves onto it. If she switches target to YOU then YOU need to run about to get her onto the Pads in the hope that another player activates them. Just be aware of the other npc's which spawn yet these only take a couple of hits to defeat.

Once she's "eventually" defeated, press "Esc" to quit out of the cut scene, run to the console at the side of the room, activate & that's the mission done.

As previously mentioned, this can be a very quick mission or very long and tedious depending on the group and also the RNG gods.

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started