test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nomad and Vger reprogrammed from the same race?

2»

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Don't think so.

And the Borg did not make V'ger. I feel the Borg RAN INTO V'ger, during its voyage, and tried to get it....and lost miserably. The Borg, impressed by V'ger, decided to make ships based on it....though smaller, with both ends being similar.

Leave the living machine species a mystery.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    reyan01 wrote: »
    In my opinion, 'solving' these mysteries ruins stories further. I mean, whilst I haven't really been following Dr Who of late, I gather that the stories there have been digging further into the Doctor's past and this has become one of the reasons that the current series has been so poorly received.

Only the series finale of the last series did that by deciding what made the Doctor special was not who they chose to be but who they were born to be. Because why show children they can overcome their own society and do good when you can instead tell them they have to be born a certain way to break the mould and anyone who is born differently is doomed to fail.

It's not the digging into the mystery that was the issue, several episodes have done that from the 7th Doctor onwards, it the rejection of who the character is for the sake of a cheap shocker that was poorly received.

The rest of the episodes suffered from having a EP who isn't skilled at writing science fiction and by casting actors who can't act and underutilising the ones that could act. I personally don't think any EP should be allowed to stay on DW for longer than 2 series at a time because after that they just completely lose track of what they were doing and go mad.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    In my opinion, 'solving' these mysteries ruins stories further. I mean, whilst I haven't really been following Dr Who of late, I gather that the stories there have been digging further into the Doctor's past and this has become one of the reasons that the current series has been so poorly received.

Only the series finale of the last series did that by deciding what made the Doctor special was not who they chose to be but who they were born to be. Because why show children they can overcome their own society and do good when you can instead tell them they have to be born a certain way to break the mould and anyone who is born differently is doomed to fail.

It's not the digging into the mystery that was the issue, several episodes have done that from the 7th Doctor onwards, it the rejection of who the character is for the sake of a cheap shocker that was poorly received.

The rest of the episodes suffered from having a EP who isn't skilled at writing science fiction and by casting actors who can't act and underutilising the ones that could act. I personally don't think any EP should be allowed to stay on DW for longer than 2 series at a time because after that they just completely lose track of what they were doing and go mad.

Yup...it can really suck when you have people who're terrible at writing science fiction, write for a sci fi show...and the series throws out the good actors in lieu of bad ones
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

I don't know... in a way Ilia may be counted as "assimilated".
    {/quote]

According to the dialog, she was "Patterned" for "Data Storage" so she was digitally copied, whereas the Borg assimilation is analog conversion
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.