test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug Report - Tangled Web: Caught in the Web

phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
Mission: Tangled Web
Section: Caught in the Web
Objective: Defeat Na'Kuhl Boarding parties (0/4)

BUG: Defeated 3/4 Na'Kuhl boarding party spawn groups, the 4th does not spawn. Mission progress halted.

- Beamed out to ship, and then back - restarting that portion of the mission.

Second attempt:
- A 4th group spawwned in the second room of the Tholian ship, ran back to defeat them. Did not count towards mission progress.
- Stuck at "Defeat Na'Kuhl Boarding Party (3/4)

Progression halted.

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Same thing here, except that I noticed a lone Na'Kuhl in the second room, while still in the first attempt at the mission. I didn't notice him before, looked like he got stuck at the edge of the doorway to the final corridor.

Btw, even my BOffs get stuck at the doorway edges, as well.

Edit: Second attempt, after using the Beam Out button worked, last wave appeared and I was able to stop them.
    Post edited by captaincelestial on
  • Options
    Yep, last spawn group of Na'Khul seem to have popped outside of the map. Actually, they initially spawned in the second to last room, and I tried to kite them down to the last room (where the queen is) thinking maybe it would trigger completion only in that room (since I had successfully killed everything that spawned in the second to last room in a previous attempt). I got out of range, and they popped back and out of the map before they would follow me to the last room.

Now, they can hit me and my BOFFs just fine, but we can't damage them. (the Bug of mobs shooting through walls is a whole other issue that should be addressed).

So I'm stuck, after 5 tries.
  • Options
    Gave it one more "whack" and was able to get through things. No idea what went differently, other than things seemed to spawn in different places a bit this time. I may attempt to poke at the problem a little bit more to see if there's any clear signs of being able to reproduce it. But I'm on to the next mission for the rest of the evening.
  • Options
    ronzilla70ronzilla70 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Anyone have an extra live Tholian in the room with the Queen? That's what I just found.
  • Options
    deuzigeblabladeuzigeblabla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I had all of the above. seven retries, no luck. Had 2 enemies spawn 10m behind a door which didn't open once..... this is sooooo annoying
  • Options
    Patch notes for tomorrow (7/13) mention that a fix is in for this issue, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore hopefully.
  • Options
    zmeerkev01zmeerkev01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I cant seem to progress after disarming the self destruct, when going into the hallway i instantly die, i just drop dead, maybe i am forgetting something?
  • Options
    jadbemjadbem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same to me, can't continue with the episode...
  • Options
    lurker1701lurker1701 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    zmeerkev01 wrote: »
    I cant seem to progress after disarming the self destruct, when going into the hallway i instantly die, i just drop dead, maybe i am forgetting something?

Happening to me as well, the mission was fine yesterday before the server maintanence, and the xp boost. But now can't progress in this mission post deactivating the SD. Definitely a serious bug.

Also noticed that the "Battle of Caleb 4" just go ridiculous, yesterday i could "survive" and even do enough damage to the Klothos to make her cloak and break off before the timer ran out and we fade to cutscene, now i am getting massacred without a chance to fight back in a literal matter of seconds after getting back to my ship!!!

• Options
    leerobbo1leerobbo1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    lurker1701 wrote: »

Happening to me as well, the mission was fine yesterday before the server maintanence, and the xp boost. But now can't progress in this mission post deactivating the SD. Definitely a serious bug.

Also noticed that the "Battle of Caleb 4" just go ridiculous, yesterday i could "survive" and even do enough damage to the Klothos to make her cloak and break off before the timer ran out and we fade to cutscene, now i am getting massacred without a chance to fight back in a literal matter of seconds after getting back to my ship!!!

Im also having this problem.
  • Options
    mrnuclearguydbmrnuclearguydb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have been getting the "Drop Dead in Tholian Hallway" bug too. Looking at the damage I was taking, it was all fall damage.

I have been getting this too. When I look at my damage, it is all fall damage. Same with my other away tem members.
  • Options
    jadbemjadbem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have been getting the "Drop Dead in Tholian Hallway" bug too. Looking at the damage I was taking, it was all fall damage.

I have been getting this too. When I look at my damage, it is all fall damage. Same with my other away tem members.

I agree, its a terrible bug..
  • Options
    lerenardgris#9715 lerenardgris Member Posts: 1 New User
    The drop in the hall thing here too -
  • Options
    Same here... can't go further in hallway without dying so I'm stuck atm :(
  • Options
    Same here... can't go further in hallway without dying so I'm stuck atm :(

Patch notes claim it has been resolved -- and those were out at midnight my time last night UK -- just tested still dying in that damned spot, server going down in about 15 minutes for more maintainence -- seriously -- they release a major expansion, and have XP Boost as well as the summer event going in the middle of a server maintainence cycle is it a wonder we're having so many damned bugs and server not respondings?

See if its fixed after that, at about 5:30 in the evening my time :* .

I had a plan to grind a new main toon while deleting my old ones and using their accrued dilithium in the exchange to get some Zen to finally buy my some t6 ship bundles for future toon's however i only have 4:00pm onward's to plsy during the week.

I'm suddenly begginig to remember why i stopped playing this game a long time back :p
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    those patch notes were for the patch currently being applied. wait a few for the server to come back up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    those patch notes were for the patch currently being applied. wait a few for the server to come back up.

Hmmm, like i said have been away from the game for a good long while, so they're doing preemptive patch noes now? Heh novel idea will remeber that for the future. Happily i just found put i tommorow of work B) so if it is fixed i can spend the whole day grinding the TRIBBLE out of my temporal agent :D and catching up with everything i've missed since i stopped playing...and man is that a lot >:)
  • Options

Hmmm, like i said have been away from the game for a good long while, so they're doing preemptive patch noes now? Heh novel idea will remeber that for the future. Happily i just found put i tommorow of work B) so if it is fixed i can spend the whole day grinding the **** out of my temporal agent :D and catching up with everything i've missed since i stopped playing...and man is that a lot >:)

And the frustration continues, good news, bug in the ship fixed, bad news those damned destroyers are pretty much unkillable in the space fights i have just died a dozen times before rage quitting the games honestly can they not fix one thing without TRIBBLE another up?
  • Options

Hmmm, like i said have been away from the game for a good long while, so they're doing preemptive patch noes now? Heh novel idea will remeber that for the future. Happily i just found put i tommorow of work B) so if it is fixed i can spend the whole day grinding the **** out of my temporal agent :D and catching up with everything i've missed since i stopped playing...and man is that a lot >:)

And the frustration continues, good news, bug in the ship fixed, bad news those damned destroyers are pretty much unkillable in the space fights i have just died a dozen times before rage quitting the games honestly can they not fix one thing without **** another up?

HA! Finally beat the little...had to start from scratch and invest all my points in LT powers, and set all space traits defensively, anything that got my hull cap\regen and resists up, still died too many times for comfort, the nakhul seriously need nerfing in that mission, only place i have had a problem like this in the entire game or the rewards for previous missions need to be increased to match the boosted XP that's going on :D maybe some blue items as opposed to greens? only other option is to replay and replay the previous missions for higher level gear

TIER 1 Connie
    Level 2 Uncommon gear
    had just enough surviveability to take the destroyers down one by one after several deaths each time before the game decided to spawn them with little to mo health at all :p

i know untill it gets fixed i won't be playing that mission again anytime soon to much frustration, but hey i feel really good now that i've beat the thing only downside is i will have to waste a respec token to put things back the way i like them for the rest of the game :'(
  • Options
    bay "destroyers" you mean Na'kuhl? Is it summoning a clone of itself? Whenever it does that you have to kill the clone.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    bay "destroyers" you mean Na'kuhl? Is it summoning a clone of itself? Whenever it does that you have to kill the clone.

Yup i finally figured that out :p , problem was in a tier 1 connie even fully specked i kept getting killed before i could actually target him :* before the week 1 xp boost set in i was having no problem so i think that its my T1 ship that the problem not the mission, oh well will just have to avoid that mission and come back to it when i am fully leveled and OP B)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    It will be nice when they fix the bugs with this episode. I died many times and finally beat the episode. As for dying several times in space, to avoid that I buffed all my powers, yes I died a few but not as much as it could have been. So glad that episode is over and will be glad when it is fixed for other players. The one bug that I encountered before that 3/4 wave bug was stealth Na'Kuhl who would hit me but I could not target them back. Please fix this Cryptic. Thanks.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    It will be nice when they fix the bugs with this episode. I died many times and finally beat the episode. As for dying several times in space, to avoid that I buffed all my powers, yes I died a few but not as much as it could have been. So glad that episode is over and will be glad when it is fixed for other players. The one bug that I encountered before that 3/4 wave bug was stealth Na'Kuhl who would hit me but I could not target them back. Please fix this Cryptic. Thanks.

Finally beat the damend things only took about 8 deaths per destroyer :s "sweet je..." in the words of zefram cochrane B)

I'm now convinced its not a bug so much as a balancing issue.

Nahkhul were designed as endgame content for LVL 60, for these missions they need to be reballanced, hell the last destroyer i went up against had some serious Hit Points took better part of an hour of attack and retreat to bring him dow:sweat:

Best tactic i found was to keep my distance at low impulse and broadside them, then take out the distortions when hey appeared and rinse and repeat ad-infinitum :s till they were dead, the thing that killed me the most were the damned Plasma Torp's by the time i saw them coming it was too late was to focused on staying alive to stop them.

Or heck i could just be that damned rusty :)
  • Options
    yeah Na'kuhl HY torps are ridiculous. You really need hazard emitters to deal with them properly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    yeah Na'kuhl HY torps are ridiculous. You really need hazard emitters to deal with them properly.

heh i just chewed through it with a level 30 Character in a t4 ship not even optomized fir the job, it was so damned easy, si we know its a balance issue casued by he excess xp we're getting
  • Options
    sithcallgirl#3265 sithcallgirl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    just a heads up, the mission is still bugged
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    just a heads up, the mission is still bugged

Are you playing this episode on Tribble or Holodeck (the main server)? This is for Tribble- Bug Reports. As for when I shared many years ago, it was when the mission was on Holodeck after being on Tribble for awhile. So I would suggest putting a bug report in PC Gameplay Bug Reports or in the console sections (PS4 or Xbox One) that you are playing on. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.