test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can I Save Recruitment Rewards?

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
Is it safe for me to not claim my recruitment objective rewards on my recruitment character, and claim them later at a higher level after the recruitment event ends? Some of the equipment is pretty nice, and I don't want to "waste" the reward for MK IV-IX things that I'll just throw away, if I can open them at end-game level and get them at MK XII.

I'm asking, because I don't want to not claim them, then find out later that I won't be able to anymore, and thus also not be able to unlock them on my other characters. I know that I can finish the objectives after the event at my own pace. I'm wondering about the objectives that I have done, but just haven't pressed/clicked the claim button.

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    As long as you've completed the tutorial and received your unique recruitment device you should be fine for a good long time. The recruitment events and the associated rewards are designed to be a work at them when you can sort of thing.

Rewards from the very first event are still available to my 2255 KDF recruit and some of that dates back to 2015-16. Conversely, I can still complete additional objectives on those older recruits and am still able to claim the rewards.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Yeah as long as you got the special item from the recruitment event there's no time limit as to when you have to do the objectives.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    actually opening them at a lower level is better , gives one higher chance to get them into ultra or epic
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    To answer your question, yes, you can wait to claim the rewards. Whether it's worth it will depend on how lucky you are.

I just got to 65 earlier today and claimed all my available rewards. It would seem a lot of them don't scale. I got a bunch of Mk II junk that I wouldn't waste the time or resources to upgrade. Seriously, it was a bunch of Cannon, Beam and Torpedo consoles, ugh. Some items (3 total) were higher level, but seemed to cap at Mk XI, not even Mk XII. Nothing was VR.

Overall, I was unimpressed with the gear I got, but that's the RNG for ya. While the items are bound to character, they can be salvaged so I'll just hold off and use them for my next 'Gain Salvage' Endeavor.

Oh, and the gear is ONLY for the recruit. Your alts will just get marks I believe, for the most part. Aside from the ship, traits bat'leth and a couple other things, of course.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    To answer your question, yes, you can wait to claim the rewards. Whether it's worth it will depend on how lucky you are.

I just got to 65 earlier today and claimed all my available rewards. It would seem a lot of them don't scale. I got a bunch of Mk II junk that I wouldn't waste the time or resources to upgrade. Seriously, it was a bunch of Cannon, Beam and Torpedo consoles, ugh. Some items (3 total) were higher level, but seemed to cap at Mk XI, not even Mk XII. Nothing was VR.

Overall, I was unimpressed with the gear I got, but that's the RNG for ya. While the items are bound to character, they can be salvaged so I'll just hold off and use them for my next 'Gain Salvage' Endeavor.

Oh, and the gear is ONLY for the recruit. Your alts will just get marks I believe, for the most part. Aside from the ship, traits bat'leth and a couple other things, of course.

Thank you. Some of the other replies were about what I already said I understood. You got what I was actually asking about. Much appreciated! ^_^