test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help BGCA, and Enter to Win Amazing Ships!

bishop#7533 bishop Member Posts: 61 Arc User
So I like to participate I just don't see the link that is mentioned in pc news.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484883-help-bgca,-and-enter-to-win-amazing-ships!

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    You don't see the CLICK HERE button on that page, below the line "Avenger-class Battlecruiser from the Official Star Trek Online Starships Collection" ?

- Are you in the United States? Many giveaways are limited to US residents for legal reasons
    - Are you using Google Chrome or Safari?
    - Have you disabled any ad blockers, and allowed JavaScript to run?

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    - Are you in the United States? Many giveaways are limited to US residents for legal reasons

This one actually says North America and Europe.
    blog wrote:
    Take a look at the beautiful ships you could win below, and donate before 3/18 to be entered! The contest is open to residents of North America and Europe.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    You don't see the CLICK HERE button on that page, below the line "Avenger-class Battlecruiser from the Official Star Trek Online Starships Collection" ?

Judging by the time difference between the two posts and the fact I'm now seeing the link that was missing for me and other people on Twitter as well, it was fixed in-between.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

Judging by the time difference between the two posts and the fact I'm now seeing the link that was missing for me and other people on Twitter as well, it was fixed in-between.

Ah, right, I hadn't considered "forgot to include button or proofread page before posting it, then fixed it hours later" :)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Don't like giving out personal information for a donation. There is also the little thing you need a credit card to donate.
    Not participating in this one.

Without giving away the personal info and with an option for paypall or ideal i might have considered it, but not as it is.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I did the donation thing the last time, and I'm quite happy with my command dreads. But I don't like the gamble-giveaway thing. Same reason I don't do gamble boxes in STO -- if I'm putting my money towards something, I'd rather get something for sure then *MAYBE* get something big (the chance of which being minuscule).

Makes me wonder which has better odds, Cryptic contests outside of the game or the gambling inside the game.
    edited March 2021
    I did the donation thing the last time, and I'm quite happy with my command dreads. But I don't like the gamble-giveaway thing. Same reason I don't do gamble boxes in STO -- if I'm putting my money towards something, I'd rather get something for sure then *MAYBE* get something big (the chance of which being minuscule).

It's because of the physical ship models being included, plus the cost of the legendary bundle. STO can give away $60 worth of digital ships for every $10 donation but that doesn't work for real-world goods.

What they could have done is give everyone a digital something like a T6 C-Store coupon, with a bonus chance for the models and legendary bundle.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User

Make that two. Will happily throw some money at BGCA, and if STO really wants to encourage me to do so, they'll do it like they did last time, and leave gambling out of it.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

It's because of the physical ship models being included, plus the cost of the legendary bundle. STO can give away $60 worth of digital ships for every $10 donation but that doesn't work for real-world goods.

What they could have done is give everyone a digital something like a T6 C-Store coupon, with a bonus chance for the models and legendary bundle.

That's a good idea & probably would've worked more.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Like the phoenix boxes you have to think of it as the base thing (like the phoenix upgrades) rather than the random prize for it to be "worth it". In this case it is the giving to charity with a very very slight chance to get something back from it in addition to the feelgood aspect.
    edited March 2021
    Like the phoenix boxes you have to think of it as the base thing (like the phoenix upgrades) rather than the random prize for it to be "worth it". In this case it is the giving to charity with a very very slight chance to get something back from it in addition to the feelgood aspect.

True, but I already have a list of charities that I give to and boy's club isn't on the list. I'd rather give extra to Northwest Harvest (the food bank supplier for my state).

That's been true of other STO charities in the past but for them I've been able to use my entertainment budget instead, since I was getting a ship or EMH boff or something. Like buying girl scout cookies using the junk food budget.

You can say "it's just $x" but I run into many "just give $x" appeals over the year and together they'd put a dent in my planned donations.

That's just me and my own approach to giving. I'm not claiming it's better than anyone else's approach.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    deleroux wrote: »

Make that two. Will happily throw some money at BGCA, and if STO really wants to encourage me to do so, they'll do it like they did last time, and leave gambling out of it.

Agreed, would have gone through with the "Click here", if it had lead me to a nice Groupees or Humblebundle package deal instead of just another lottery ticket... heck, even an Amazon Prime option would have gotten my click.

Btw. what i really love about Humblebundle, is the option for adjusting where your money is going.

Anyway, good luck to everyone participating in this one.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I'm all for 'donate and get X'. What I'm not gonna do is donate for a raffle ticket.
    I'm done being kicked in the nether-regions by RNGesus.

Blizzard just did something similar. 'If we reach $X donated you get a pet.' I found that distasteful too. But I'd believe they'll reach THAT goal since most WoW players are suckers who believed Blizz would support their own eSports teams prizes! :D
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    It's a tight economy for everyone and like others I have other charities I donate to, but I'd be happy to help this one as well. However, the concept of loot box and gambling is an immediate turn off for me. Just throw us a coupon, ship, weapon, whatever and I'm in.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
This discussion has been closed.