test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes for 3/4/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
edited March 2021 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 3/4 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    The launcher however states 6am to 9.30am (14:00 - 17.30 UTC)

Which one is correct ?

We will be performing shard maintenance on March 4 from 6-9:30 AM Pacific (14:00-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums.
    Post edited by eazzie on
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Hmm, the Command Spec updates Bort mentioned on stream aren't in the patch notes.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Goodbye Superior Area Denial I guess
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

Which one is correct ?

We will be performing shard maintenance on March 4 from 6-9:30 AM Pacific (14:00-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums.

Looks like 6 since the indicator dot on it is red.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »

Which one is correct ?

Looks like 6 since the indicator dot on it is red.

Yep :) Kael got it wrong
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Add ability for players to turn off "friend logged on' and 'friend logged off' notifications, fly in and chat.
    Good. My friends will appreciate the lack of daily spam from farming alts.
    Goodbye Superior Area Denial I guess

RIP. All my underperforming regular carriers that had all the possible carrier-related buffs and debuffs with drain/control support are even weaker now.

Nerfs are so consistent. Actual gameplay fixes and balance buffs, those remain known and unknown issues indefinitely.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    At least all pets are back on "equal" footing now. No more "must have pets with pulse cannons to do any dps". Now no pets are capable of decent dps.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    My only concern is if this does fix Superior Area Denial this will be triple nerf and make carriers unusable at the high end because Flight Deck Officers have been broken for months now. I say triple nerf as pets being worse as you upgrade is a well known common problem, Flight Deck doffs have been broken for months now with no sign of a fix and now the trait nerf all combined push carriers back into having serious problems again.

I don't mind the Superior Area Denial fix its just combined with the other problems its to much.
  • tochinoshin#4830 tochinoshin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I notice the fix message for Leap of Faith and Afterlife are under the PC section. It's not mentioned under console. Was it fixed there too? I was experiencing the crash in Afterlife on PS4
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    My only concern is if this does fix Superior Area Denial this will be triple nerf and make carriers unusable at the high end because Flight Deck Officers have been broken for months now. I say triple nerf as pets being worse as you upgrade is a well known common problem, Flight Deck doffs have been broken for months now with no sign of a fix and now the trait nerf all combined push carriers back into having serious problems again.

I don't mind the Superior Area Denial fix its just combined with the other problems its to much.

From what I read it only affects cannon builds?
    If so it doesn't bother me. I use beam pets with no problems. Love my Elite Slavers KDF side and Elite Class Cs Fed side.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited March 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »

From what I read it only affects cannon builds?
    If so it doesn't bother me. I use beam pets with no problems. Love my Elite Slavers KDF side and Elite Class Cs Fed side.
    It only effects cannon pets but many of us used those cannon pets to get around all the other bugs and make them good enough to use at high end. The new Flight Deck bug effects beam pets as well and the upgrade bugs effects all style of pets although not all pets. Before this Carriers could just about hold there own at the high end but now with all 3 bugs combined pure carrier builds are really weak compared to all other mainstream builds.

If they fixed the Flight Deck bugs and upgrade bugs this fix wouldn't be so bad. Its just the triple whammy hurts badly.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I'm not familiar with a bug involving the carriers themselves...
    I've always preferred beam pets because cannon pets tend to not use their full potential due to not always facing the enemy when they use certain abilities.
    "Oh hey we just activated Rapid Fire... while we're not facing the enemy so we only plink them with a turret!"
    Main reason I prefer beam pets.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I know probably a minor point but anyone notice if Cryptic finally re-inserted the Q's Winter Wonderland newest manuals & modules & just forgot to mention it in the patch notes?

Maybe Cryptic is trying to keep them out of the game long enough to re-use them next year & call them brand new again?

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    I notice the fix message for Leap of Faith and Afterlife are under the PC section. It's not mentioned under console. Was it fixed there too? I was experiencing the crash in Afterlife on PS4

When I looked at the patch notes the fix message for the missions Leap of Faith and Afterlife were under the Console section.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I realize no one from Cryptic ever reads the forums, but why on Earth would you add fly-ins for the loot when teamed? It adds yet another layer of visual clutter to the screen making it even more difficult to see what is going on

And drops in TFOs are almost completely worthless. They are vendor trash. I don't care who gets what, it's all going to Lessa at ESD
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    I realize no one from Cryptic ever reads the forums, but why on Earth would you add fly-ins for the loot when teamed? It adds yet another layer of visual clutter to the screen making it even more difficult to see what is going on

And drops in TFOs are almost completely worthless. They are vendor trash. I don't care who gets what, it's all going to Lessa at ESD

^This^.

When those fly ins started happening today I thought that something reset with the new update and I had to go back and remove them again. But nope, just Cryptic's sense of humor in fixing one bug while starting another one. I usually do click in for the drops even though they're never worth anything good; I just use them for salvage later. Until this is fixed however I won't be clicking on any drops.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
    edited March 2021
    I have a question. What does this mean?

Resolved an issue that was preventing many "Warp Out" animations to play when a space summon was despawning.

Can someone put that in laymen's English because I do not understand it. Thanks. :)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Resolved an issue that was preventing many "Warp Out" animations to play when a space summon was despawning.

Can someone put that in laymen's English because I do not understand it. Thanks. :)

the way I understood this was that the proper "warp out" animation wasn't playing when the playing had a space summon that was despawning at the same time. Space summons would be things like Fleet Support or Delta Alliance Reinforcements Beacon, hangar bay pets might also be that.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Those fly ins for loots rolls are horrendous, clearly an addition that was thought of by someone who isn't a gamer and implemented by someone of a similar mindset. Noone cares who wins the rolls on the trash that drops from TFO's because it'll only ever end up being sold for credits or stored for a salvage endeavour.

How the hell do we turn this keech off? It's not squadron looting and that's the only looting listed under chat notifications!

And on the topic of pointless junk filling places, why did you have to reintroduce the repopulating empty slots on a skill bar with buttons from other UI elements, the singularity powers on a warbird are fine where they are and don't need to be forced into the bars. If you're going to add things into skill bars then why not choose the captain abilities that come from levelling which are always neglected in favour of fluff like fireworks.
    Post edited by postagepaid on
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Why don't they just completely get rid of drops in TFOs, and instead, start awarding an amount of EC and an amount of salvage upon completion?
    spiritborn wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »

the way I understood this was that the proper "warp out" animation wasn't playing when the playing had a space summon that was despawning at the same time. Space summons would be things like Fleet Support or Delta Alliance Reinforcements Beacon, hangar bay pets might also be that.

Thanks for the explanation.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Why don't they just completely get rid of drops in TFOs, and instead, start awarding an amount of EC and an amount of salvage upon completion?

I'd be down for that. I'm sure not all would like the missing "drops" but as long as the EC & Salvage would be adequate then it'd be a comparable compromise imo.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Add ability for players to turn off "friend logged on' and 'friend logged off' notifications, fly in and chat.

Where is the actual option for this? I can't seem to find it.
    edited March 2021
    felderburg wrote: »

Where is the actual option for this? I can't seem to find it.

The actual option for this can be found by selecting the button to the right of the Fleet tab and then click on Notification Settings. Uncheck the boxes for Friend Logged On and Friend Logged Off Notifications, check the boxes again, then uncheck them again.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    westmetals wrote: »
    Those fly ins for loots rolls are horrendous, clearly an addition that was thought of by someone who isn't a gamer and implemented by someone of a similar mindset. Noone cares who wins the rolls on the trash that drops from TFO's because it'll only ever end up being sold for credits or stored for a salvage endeavour.

How the hell do we turn this keech off? It's not squadron looting and that's the only looting listed under chat notifications!

And on the topic of pointless junk filling places, why did you have to reintroduce the repopulating empty slots on a skill bar with buttons from other UI elements, the singularity powers on a warbird are fine where they are and don't need to be forced into the bars. If you're going to add things into skill bars then why not choose the captain abilities that come from levelling which are always neglected in favour of fluff like fireworks.

It actually *is* squadron.

That's the option I unchecked during a breach run and still got the f-in spam. Today it was still unchecked, and still got the loot spam.

Not expecting a fix because its more visual clutter and doesn't adversely affect gambleboxes or store gouging.
    westmetals wrote: »

It actually *is* squadron.

That's the option I unchecked during a breach run and still got the f-in spam. Today it was still unchecked, and still got the loot spam.

Not expecting a fix because its more visual clutter and doesn't adversely affect gambleboxes or store gouging.

Have you tried unchecking the box, checking it, and then un-checking it again to see if that works?
    Storming the spire on different characters and uncheck, check, uncheck still had the fly in.

That part of the UI is now buried in a corner and I shudder to think how much worse it'll be once this stupidity arrives on console.
    edited March 2021
    garaffe wrote: »
    At least all pets are back on "equal" footing now. No more "must have pets with pulse cannons to do any dps". Now no pets are capable of decent dps.
    Having tested nothing has changed in that pets are not on equal footing and we still in the silly situation where you upgrade pets and they get weaker. The Pulse Cannon pets while reduced in DPS are still higher DPS then the other pets and rare pets are still beating Elite pets.

Plus we now have a new problem with the pet doffs being broken so all pets are nerfed in DPS output, not sure the Pulse Cannon pets.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    So far I've noticed it is possible to disable the new loot on-screen notifications, by disabling squadrons, squadron looting in that same menu for notifications below minimap to the right of the fleet button. This has to be done on every character.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.