test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gamma Vanguard Pack

therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
So. I just snagged this since it’s on sale in console. However I can’t activate one of the ships so my Jemmie/Fed can use it. Is there something I’m missing such as level requirements (he’s a lvl 65 Honored First) or is it bugged? Anyone else have this problem?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Is it a brand new character? If it is, you have to finish the tutorial missions before you can claim C-store ships.
  • therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @garaffe said:
    > Is it a brand new character? If it is, you have to finish the tutorial missions before you can claim C-store ships.

I managed to get it to work by switching alts. Somehow it let me use it now.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Have they not simply done away with the level 6 mastery for Jem ships?
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

Oh that would be excellent to know. I remember back when that bundle released that was the main reason I didn't purchase it. I just didn't like the idea of paying for something then not being able to use it except for 1 toon unless I grinded further. If that is moot now I'd have to reconsider that bundle when back on sale.
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > Oh that would be excellent to know. I remember back when that bundle released that was the main reason I didn't purchase it. I just didn't like the idea of paying for something then not being able to use it except for 1 toon unless I grinded further. If that is moot now I'd have to reconsider that bundle when back on sale.

The “one grind for all” is the reason why I initially wanted the pack. I need a reason a purpose to play my Gamma recruit and this is the perfect way. I’ve slacked off on my Gamma recruit accolades (same with my Delta recruit Reman/KDF). At least I got a reason to play my secondary alts again.
    So I just logged in to the updated game on console. The Gamma Pack is not eligible it seems for the all ships unlock accolade. On my other alts, it takes a minute for the Admiralty cards to show up. But the Jemmies I just picked up don’t unlock. Still think I have to get the Lvl 6 Mastery which I think is stupid at this point but what else is new at this point.
    So I just logged in to the updated game on console. The Gamma Pack is not eligible it seems for the all ships unlock accolade. On my other alts, it takes a minute for the Admiralty cards to show up. But the Jemmies I just picked up don’t unlock. Still think I have to get the Lvl 6 Mastery which I think is stupid at this point but what else is new at this point.

Thanks for checking, therealblackkaos!

I agree, but I suppose saves me money in the long run.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

Expecting the devs to exert unneeded effort in this game? LOL

As far as they're concerned it works...so why should they put any effort towards making the player experience a little easier?
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Only one of my two accounts has a Gamma recruit, I have no use whatsoever for a Jem'Hadar RP wise since I cannot get into their heads at all and games like this are just boring grinds for me unless I can get into the character.

Anyway, to avoid the odious grind I only bought one of Dominion ships that are not toadlocked like that (at the moment that is just two, the Temporal one (which is the one I have) and the support carrier that came out with the Caitian and Romulan ones (which I am considering getting)). It would be nice if they left that lock nonsense off of any new Dominion ships altogether.
    Only one of my two accounts has a Gamma recruit, I have no use whatsoever for a Jem'Hadar RP wise since I cannot get into their heads at all and games like this are just boring grinds for me unless I can get into the character.

Anyway, to avoid the odious grind I only bought one of Dominion ships that are not toadlocked like that (at the moment that is just two, the Temporal one (which is the one I have) and the support carrier that came out with the Caitian and Romulan ones (which I am considering getting)). It would be nice if they left that lock nonsense off of any new Dominion ships altogether.

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure any Dominion ships outside of the initial Dominion Starter pack (which I have) & the big Dominion Bundle are exempt from the 6th mastery unlocking hurdle.

I agree, I have my eye on that JH Support Carrier eventually, it just looks awesome.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    It would be nice if they left that lock nonsense off of any new Dominion ships altogether.

They have - it's ONLY the four T6 ships from the Gamma pack.

I must have missed the fact that the recon destroyer was not toadlocked, that is nice to know :)

So out of the seven Dominion ships in the c-store three do not come with the lockout nonsense instead of two like I thought.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Kill 2 birds with one stone, use the disco patrol option to level the ship masteries and progress towards the anniversary ship at the same time. Off top of my head ninth rule and the satellite one give decent mastery due to the lazy ship spam approach.
    > @postagepaid said:
    > Kill 2 birds with one stone, use the disco patrol option to level the ship masteries and progress towards the anniversary ship at the same time. Off top of my head ninth rule and the satellite one give decent mastery due to the lazy ship spam approach.

That’s what I’ve been doing. A few runs through of the Anniversary missions and I already have one mastered. The patrols have helped getting me much needed marks. Also got a Delta recruit I need to work on as well but I’m having some fun on my Klingon recruit right now.
This discussion has been closed.