test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Revisiting old skills ?

2»

Comments

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Add Aceton Beam to the list. That is one of the most worthless skills i've ever seen.

Engineering in general could really use some more offensive oriented skills.

Agreed. Aceton needs something like spread mechanic or whatever, like a lot of single-target abilities, because the just don't work in the mass-destruction AoE bonanza that is STO's space combat.
    Well, there is this unusually specific trait:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Improved_Weaponized_Emitters

I'd love more AoE Engineering Debuffs like Emit Unstable Warp Bubble though. There's some pretty dumb synergy with the Painful Memories Trait that just begs for more AoE Eng debuffs.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Destabilizing Resonance Beam is nice, if you're allowed to actually train it. :/
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    mneme0 wrote: »
    Destabilizing Resonance Beam is nice, if you're allowed to actually train it. :/

That strobing boff power is incredibly annoying, but you can train it once that character has completed a certain story mission, made in the R&D crafting after unlocking it, and yes it's a really good sci power.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

It is a good ability, but I don't use it because of the obnoxious visual effect. It is not as bad as some, but it is bad enough that it hurts my eyes, so I use photonic shockwave instead. It is a shame really because it is a good ability.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

That strobing boff power is incredibly annoying, but you can train it once that character has completed a certain story mission, made in the R&D crafting after unlocking it, and yes it's a really good sci power.

DRB is one of the powers listed as AOE in that thread I linked on the previous page, the list of powers that activate the DSecDef. But I'm not sure how close an enemy must be to the primary target in order to be hit by the AOE effect.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    > @chastity1337 said:
    > DRB is one of the powers listed as AOE in that thread I linked on the previous page, the list of powers that activate the DSecDef. But I'm not sure how close an enemy must be to the primary target in order to be hit by the AOE effect.

Wiki has it as 3km sphere around the primary target listed so I think that’s what what we are talking.

On my exotic builds I chain it in the same keybind as my well activation for best effect. On my support ship I do the same to have others benefit from its -drr component.

Power is very good.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    > @chastity1337 said:
    > DRB is one of the powers listed as AOE in that thread I linked on the previous page, the list of powers that activate the DSecDef. But I'm not sure how close an enemy must be to the primary target in order to be hit by the AOE effect.

Wiki has it as 3km sphere around the primary target listed so I think that’s what what we are talking.

On my exotic builds I chain it in the same keybind as my well activation for best effect. On my support ship I do the same to have others benefit from its -drr component.

Power is very good.

Really? I used to use DRB II in my Lt Cmdr slot, and it worked well. But then Very Cold in Space came along, and now I use VCIS III in my Lt Cmdr spot. On the damage parser, VCIS shows up under pets, as Cryonic Turbulence, and often does nearly as much damage as my GW III. It's a monster, and it also has a movement debuff. Plus VCIS doesn't risk giving me epileptic serizures :)

In fairness to DRB, I have noticed they toned down the flashing greatly from when it was new. With large ships, I don't see it at all.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @chastity1337 said:

Power is very good.

Really? I used to use DRB II in my Lt Cmdr slot, and it worked well. But then Very Cold in Space came along, and now I use VCIS III in my Lt Cmdr spot. On the damage parser, VCIS shows up under pets, as Cryonic Turbulence, and often does nearly as much damage as my GW III. It's a monster, and it also has a movement debuff. Plus VCIS doesn't risk giving me epileptic serizures :)

In fairness to DRB, I have noticed they toned down the flashing greatly from when it was new. With large ships, I don't see it at all.

Yea. :)

What makes verry cold in space desierable is that it counts as anormaly triggering the spore infused ship trait. Its verry good as well. I would keep it in ur build then. what can be done is to downgrade it to ensign. perhaps it opens up a slot there.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.