test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon's Deceit

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,199 Arc User
Just did this mission, it's pretty easy and all... but once you finish the ground combat, you beam up to your ship and are given the next objective, to "Fly to the Edge of the System." However, there's no waypoint on the map, and almost as soon as I start flying, the objective fails and I've got to get transponder codes or some such.

Not a big deal, but I wondered if there was something I was missing that would let me NOT fail that objective?
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Nope. That is working as intended.
    I believe the idea is to show that you're trying to escape, but the situation changes so quickly you have to "improvise" a solution in order to leave the system.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Some missions are designed to have a few objectives fail so you get new ones.
    I actually do like these as it gives some surprises and reminds me on my playthroughs of X-Wing Alliance where it was often VERY likely a mission wouldn't go as planned.

In STO, rarely are there some that actually CAN be completed but they're usually tough to accomplish or require a good rank in diplomacy and you often get an accolade for that, like surviving the entire 2 minutes of the Battle of Caleb IV and destroying a lot of KDF ships, which you're unlikely to succeed in doing on your first run.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    It sounds interesting, I'll have to redo that mission since I don't remember it.

I see that title "Dragon's Deceit" & all I can think of is that Voyager episode I think it was "Dragon's Teeth" with the Vaadwaur.
    I see that title "Dragon's Deceit" & all I can think of is that Voyager episode I think it was "Dragon's Teeth" with the Vaadwaur.

Well... it does involve the Vaadwaur.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

Well... it does involve the Vaadwaur.

I looked-up, but didn't play, that mission yesterday when I had a little time.

You're correct so I'm sure there's some parallel somewhere between them.
    Well... pretty much the whole Delta Arc deals with the Vaadwaur, but the Devs do like to have callbacks to specific episodes at times with their episode titles. For example the mentioned Dragon's Deceit, and also Dust to Dust, which involves the Kobali that I believe were introduced in the Voyager episode Ashes to Ashes.
    Well... pretty much the whole Delta Arc deals with the Vaadwaur, but the Devs do like to have callbacks to specific episodes at times with their episode titles. For example the mentioned Dragon's Deceit, and also Dust to Dust, which involves the Kobali that I believe were introduced in the Voyager episode Ashes to Ashes.

I like the word play "Ashes to Ashes" & the "Dust to Dust" & thanks for reminding me I gotta earn that Kobali "zombie" BOFF for my new KDF recruit.
    I like the word play "Ashes to Ashes" & the "Dust to Dust" & thanks for reminding me I gotta earn that Kobali "zombie" BOFF for my new KDF recruit.

Some people may not like the Kobali, but I mean its a free purple quality Engie/Command BOff that you can customize... unless you get hit by the current bug... that bug is a bit annoying.

Some people may not like the Kobali, but I mean its a free purple quality Engie/Command BOff that you can customize... unless you get hit by the current bug... that bug is a bit annoying.

If that's the rather long mission, at least to me, that's a puzzle solving mission I enjoyed it. I wish there were more puzzles in STO. The puzzles accompanied by a good story makes a rather enjoyable immersive mission & gameplay imo.
    If that's the rather long mission, at least to me, that's a puzzle solving mission I enjoyed it. I wish there were more puzzles in STO. The puzzles accompanied by a good story makes a rather enjoyable immersive mission & gameplay imo.

I like puzzles too as its a nice break from the pew pew. Unfortunately some people don't like puzzles.

I once got into a Competitive ground TFO and my team never beat the first puzzle, el classic invisible floor. They just wanted to shoot the infinitely spawning mobs, leaving me on an invisible path over a chasm without revealing the path for me to progress. Suffice to say that was an absolutely TERRIBLE run. And all the yelling in the world didn't help.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Just did this mission, it's pretty easy and all... but once you finish the ground combat, you beam up to your ship and are given the next objective, to "Fly to the Edge of the System." However, there's no waypoint on the map, and almost as soon as I start flying, the objective fails and I've got to get transponder codes or some such.

Not a big deal, but I wondered if there was something I was missing that would let me NOT fail that objective?

It fails for almost everyone, yet if you fight some more in around the area, often you're soon given a new objective as a few others indicate. I've never once not been able to complete this.
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.