test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

klingon special person

2»

Comments

• vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    The real tragedy of it is the Leonard Nimoy VO the mission had in it is now gone from the game. If for no other reason than that, they need to move beyond simple "intent" and actually make it happen.

Hear, hear! As the Romulan Commander said to (and about) Spock in The Enterprise Incident: "For someone with your capabilities and accomplishments, opportunities are made. And will be."

They certainly should be.
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Just speculation. with the appearance of the Guardian of Forever in Discovery s3, wonder if they try to redeem J'ula by making her a supporter of the Kuvah'Magh or have her sacrifice her self to save Miral.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    The mission journal is swiss cheesed just like the 'official' timeline. It makes sense tho, the canon timeline has so many paradox's I don't think cryptic can keep up if they we're inclined to replicate CBS's practice.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »

I believe it was a reference to the Kuvah'magh, who is a major character in some of the removed missions.

It's almost like they have redacted B'vat in his entirety
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    The mission journal is swiss cheesed just like the 'official' timeline. It makes sense tho, the canon timeline has so many paradox's I don't think cryptic can keep up if they we're inclined to replicate CBS's practice.

I'm sure, well hopeful, that someone or someones at CBS has the duty to keep the integrity of Star Trek's IP intact.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    My guess is that the removed content wasn't playable with Lighting 2.0

Some maps are just like that; its darker than six feet up a hog's TRIBBLE and you can't see TRIBBLE.

This, of course, then prompts me to ask whether Lighting 2.0 was really a good idea after all. It's not that much better looking, and it puts a huge load on older GPU's. I feel the same about the much-ballyhooed revamp of DS9. The older version was much more roomy, and the new one overheats the GPU badly if you have an older video card.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

I'm sure, well hopeful, that someone or someones at CBS has the duty to keep the integrity of Star Trek's IP intact.

Thanks for that - I needed a good laugh! :)
    My guess is that the removed content wasn't playable with Lighting 2.0

Some maps are just like that; its darker than six feet up a hog's TRIBBLE and you can't see TRIBBLE.

This, of course, then prompts me to ask whether Lighting 2.0 was really a good idea after all. It's not that much better looking, and it puts a huge load on older GPU's. I feel the same about the much-ballyhooed revamp of DS9. The older version was much more roomy, and the new one overheats the GPU badly if you have an older video card.

As I just mentioned in another thread, I wonder if Lighting 2.0 is the cause of the "stuck in cloak" bug some folks are having. My GPU is old enough that I can't use Lighting 2.0, and despite doing a TON of cloaking, I haven't experienced the bug at all.
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    They can say what they want but I believe it boils down to one thing. Old devs leave new ones come in. The new ones like all young people think newer is better, and set out on a course to eradicate all that was to make themselves feel important and better. Seen this too many times in other games. My guess is this is why those missions were removed, they were a staple to what previous devs had done with the game.

Its not just missions, the way they sliced and diced the Borg set up. Getting rid of the transwarp gates, battle group omega, and merging that area of space with the rest of the sector blocks.

Not willing to improve and fix the Genesis missions, instead just removed them

Getting rid of the exploration zones, drastically cutting down on availability of R&D samples. As well as gear it was a good way to get gear while leveling.

I would hope I am wrong, and I hope they readd those missions, but I highly doubt it.

The old missions especially the fed Romulan ones had a back drop as to why that Vulcan Admiral does not trust Romulans. A rather important back drop. The klingon ones were actually interesting.

The other possiblity is they dont want to bring them back, because they dont want to risk players pointing out how few missions the KDF has to the Fed. On that angle I got allot of salt when it comes to the Fed playerbase, but mission content is always good for a game.

Lastly no matter how many times I see devs and players justifying the removal of content. The result is always the same. It ends up hurting the game. Take a look at Wcraft, they did the same thing, and in the end they had to bring back classic versions of the game. Now lets say they had kept all that content in the game and just taking the time to update it and bring up to spec. I doubt they would have needed to bring back classic versions of the game.

Just my thoughts on things.
This discussion has been closed.