test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Janeway Class Takes Flight

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The first ship of the 32nd Century to arrive in Star Trek Online will be the Janeway Class Command Science Vessel. Best exemplified by the Voyager-J, this new ship class will be available for you to command on PC very soon!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484613
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    more new ships from new shows plz, the old ones are just boring and garbage scows now ...
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    I hope there will be an alternate skin which has the nacelles connected to the ship. Because to be honest, as cool as this ship looks functionally, those detached nacelles hurt my eyes really badly.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    more new ships from new shows plz, the old ones are just boring and garbage scows now ...

Well that's just like your opinion man.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    That is one ugly looking ship
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Very nice looking ship, well done! A blend of the dauntless with intrepid, and the unusual hover sections make it quite daring even if odd. Always liked triangular designs, and this one does it spot on in so many ways. Work of art.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Couldn't care if a ship looks nice or not. As long as it has the weapons slots and Boff seating that is right for my gameplay then I'll fly it. The look of a ship doesn't win missions. But the build does.
  • Options
    rogueassassinxrogueassassinx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    So you guys like don't even care about consistency, like the reasons these ships are available or why anyone can fly anything... just who cares right? Why even have factions? Or even a story?
  • Options
    robertjenkinsrobertjenkins Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    love it!! i can't wait to fly it!
  • Options
    love it!! i can't wait to fly it!

If you are lucky to get one from the gamble boxes.
  • Options
    captennik1captennik1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Can we change the Lieutenant Commander Science to , Lieutenant Commander Universal this will help the ship be more versatile and since is a promo ship I don't see why it only has one Universal sitting compared to most ship having two Universal sittings
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Thankfully the ship is both ugly, for me at least, and unobtainable. Good luck to those rich or foolish few who attempt to win her through the lottery boxes.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    More interested in other ships that constantly get overlooked for T6 status than this hideous thing.

T6 Saber/Steamrunner/Nova when?
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Would you guys please quit bashing the STO developers for ship designs from the new shows? ViacomCBS and Kurtsman are responsible for these designs. The STO developers are doing their best to bring the best possible versions of the ships into STO to celebrate the ongoing shows, but CBS has the final say on what these ships look like. I'm not a big fan of the detached design either. And unlike what STDiscovery claims, I would think the detached design would make any ship LESS maneuverable. But this isn't Cryptic or the STO Dev team's fault.

And as for other ships people want upgraded, I think they are slowing trying, but I think CBS is kind of pushing them to have ships from the new shows. And Cryptic and PWE are devoting fewer and fewer resources to this game compared to what they once were. They have a lot more games to spread their resources and staff across.

Perhaps we should be thankful for what we do have?
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Very nice looking ship, well done! A blend of the dauntless with intrepid, and the unusual hover sections make it quite daring even if odd. Always liked triangular designs, and this one does it spot on in so many ways. Work of art.

Can't say i like the way it looks myself.
    Detached nacelles and awkward edges in the design. Not my cup of tea.

Would have preferred a T6 Steamrunner, Norway or Nova myself, but had they come from discovery then they would most likely also have the detached nacelles. <Shivers>
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I can dig it. But what's the in-universe reason it's time-travelled to the 25th century? Was it Janeway? Was Braxton right about her?
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I haven't took the time to go back & re-watch that particular episode displaying these 32C ships.

Besides this Janeway, wasn't there a Nog & a couple of others if anyone can remember?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    I haven't took the time to go back & re-watch that particular episode displaying these 32C ships.

Besides this Janeway, wasn't there a Nog & a couple of others if anyone can remember?

Thanks in advance.

Yes there is USS Nog - The Eisenberg class NCC 325070
  • Options
    I know there is still going to be haters. But I think Zefilms has done the ship justice. Zef as always well done :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWss6fNRbMY&amp;feature=emb_logo
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I hope there will be an alternate skin which has the nacelles connected to the ship. Because to be honest, as cool as this ship looks functionally, those detached nacelles hurt my eyes really badly.

I don't mind it's look too much, but won't be gambling for it neither. Nice idea for an alternate skin for it though.
    eazzie wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Yes there is USS Nog - The Eisenberg class NCC 325070

Ah yes :-) thanks

Pertaining to the ship details isn't this a moot point mostly now? Faction: Federation and Federation-aligned
  • Options
    I watched the 1st 1/2 of the livestream where they showcased the Janeway.

I like the ship's visuals well enough, especially for the brief time it's been displayed on Discovery.

I don't mind the floating nacelles, but I've seen the episode(s) too, I even noticed during the stream the nacelles seem to bobble up & down a little which was a nice touch.

It will be interesting if in any future episodes if the nacelles retract inward like Discovery's & if it's for warp or because of the Spore-Drive as they discussed.

Bummer for no interchangeable parts between this Janeway & Intrepid variants (Cryptic decided it's its own ship) but it seemed to have a healthy list of different Materials, generic bridge, basic windows I don't think any options & not sure about Advanced settings.

The 32c Fed cloaking was impressive & the starship trait really compliments any cloaking ship.

The upgradable weapons for the ship are a "buy separately" lol which is a bit miserly by Cryptic given this is a Promo status gambling ship.
  • Options
    kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    A few listed here...

Wow, seeing all those ship designs really has me wanting to play Starfox 64 again. ;D
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

A few listed here:
    Star%2BTrek%2BDiscovery%2Bseason%2B3%2B32nd%2Bcentury%2Bstarship%2Bconcept%2Bart.jpg
    2c8ba16e403863cfa0e54025c305ad1f82c179da.jpg

Oh wow nice pics of them, some I don't even remember seeing, I think this is even better for viewing than when seen in the episode(s). Thanks, reyan01
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    garaks31 wrote: »

If you watch the discovery season finale you'll notice how ships from the future are so crappy they can fire on a ship that was made 1000 years ago according to the present time they are in for an entire hour and still not be able to put a dent in discovery. So I wouldn't put too much faith in this ship if it performs like it did on the show because you won't be able to destroy anything that comes from the discovery era with it.

Anyways this ship looks so terrible and more so than discovery ships from season one that they would need to pay me just to use this ship much less a paywall to obtain it roflmao.
  • Options
    tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    No offense to the STO designers, since they obv had little to do with this... but this is one of the dumbest things I've seen in the game. And that includes the Enterprise-J !

Detached nacelles? Gods, I hate JJ Trek... "It looks cool! Who cares if it makes no sense!" a) Doesn't look cool. b) Will never make sense.

Please stop.

Ugh, the Janeway class seems to be the only 32nd century ship that is still recognizable as Starfleet. The other designs look like something out of Stargate, Star Wars or Mass Effect.
This discussion has been closed.