test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Token have been honored but don't count towards the big reward like in the past?

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
So I put the Legacy Token in today and noticed afterward my progress is 50/3500. In past events we got those counted towards the T6 ship token or the lobis. So this time they are being honored but then they are not? I have not heard that they changed in how these Legacy Tokens work. Anybody else having this issue?
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    So I put the Legacy Token in today and noticed afterward my progress is 50/3500. In past events we got those counted towards the T6 ship token or the lobis. So this time they are being honored but then they are not? I have not heard that they changed in how these Legacy Tokens work. Anybody else having this issue?

Just to be clear, you did the daily for the Voth event, then used the legacy token? Or just used the token?
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »

Just to be clear, you did the daily for the Voth event, then used the legacy token? Or just used the token?

Like in the past I used Legacy Tokens to claim the 14 x reward. In the past I got 700 / 2800 today I got 50 / 3500.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Like in the past I used Legacy Tokens to claim the 14 x reward. In the past I got 700 / 2800 today I got 50 / 3500.

It's probably working fine but with a limit of 50 progress per day. Next event try using one legacy token per day instead of 14 at once.

Also report the bug, who knows they might decide to fix it.

It's probably working fine but with a limit of 50 progress per day. Next event try using one legacy token per day instead of 14 at once.

Putting them in on a day by day base kinda kills the purpose on those things. I don't do bug reports anymore did them in the past with no success so I have given up on that feature a long time ago.

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    their purpose expired 2 years ago.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Putting them in on a day by day base kinda kills the purpose on those things. I don't do bug reports anymore did them in the past with no success so I have given up on that feature a long time ago.

True, you can't just skip the other 13 days. On the bright side you'll get at least 8K post-completion dil per day for those 13 days.

Or 8, 9, 10, ... if they ever fix that other bug.
    Well at least you posted something today huh?

• tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User

Looking at this from a couple years ago, it seems to show the ability to get more than 1 credit per day, but by using different characters. Did you use them on one character? Multiple?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/djbvo5/psa_legacy_tokens_count_towards_current_ftfo_and/

I'm not sure exactly how it worked in the past or how it is working now, but the more detail you provide could help track down if others have the same issue and whether or not it is a bug.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's a bug and will be fixed.

source.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    This is a bug, and a fix is already in place.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2021

So, just to clarify - if we used Legacy Tokens, we'll get 700 progress (plus the 50 for doing the Event today)?

Is that what "a fix is already in place means"?

Or does it mean that people who redeem them after the bug fix is done will get the 700, but those of us who used them today won't?

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021

I'm honestly surprised, people stockpiled that many of them, as account-reclaimable rewards were available for awhile before they CHANGED the Event system. Still it's nice they still honor them, I however used most mine up within the first 1-2 new events offered once they changed over. So that was a long time ago in fact for me as well... :*

Still this is nice to see, they moved fast to resolve it for those who still have them!
    So, just to clarify - if we used Legacy Tokens, we'll get 700 progress (plus the 50 for doing the Event today)?

Is that what "a fix is already in place means"?

Or does it mean that people who redeem them after the bug fix is done will get the 700, but those of us who used them today won't?

Honestly, I wouldn't be UPSET either way. Everyone who ran the events on multiple toons got a lot of extra Dilithium Ore, so please try and be a little forgiving, especially given how fast they resolved it.

Having said that,... ...I'm more surprised, people still have that many!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    strathkin wrote: »
    I'm honestly surprised, people stockpiled that many of them, as account-reclaimable rewards were available for awhile before they CHANGED the Event system... Having said that,... ...I'm more surprised, people still have that many!

It isn't so much that I stockpiled them, it's more that they just accumulated. After completing the events I still played the TFOs for the choice mark boxes (and something to do) and turning the tokens in for more raw dilithium ore that would never get refined was worth less to me than having backup tokens for the next event that I may want or need a shortcut on. Between five characters I think I have 60ish tokens left over.
    Post edited by fftt on
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Hello,

The fix does not seem to retroactively apply for those of us who blew 14 Legacy Tokens *before* the server restart.

Will you be addressing that in an upcoming patch?

Thanks

If the fix came in last night when the server restarted then it didn't work for me.

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    ummm, how did yall get these? (you would think i would know, but alas, i do not) :)

Old events gave out tokens for doing the thing. There was no automatically registered progress, you had to fill a meter full of these tokens. When they changed to automatically registered progress, they got rid of the tokens, but many people may have done events with two or more characters or they did the full event past the 14 days required and got more tokens that way.
    Telling people they shouldn't be upset is like telling someone to calm down - in all history, has anyone ever actually not been upset after someone told them they shouldn't be?

When I first started playing the game, I missed out on finishing an event. I've always tried to plan and prepare for unexpected contingencies - like my graphics card getting fried this year just before the Anniversary event started.

When they changed over to the FTFO Commendation vouchers, they didn't have to let people earn extras, but chose to do so. I managed my game time so that I combined my grind for marks and dil with those events to optimize my limited play time and plan for the future.

I spent the time to earn those extra vouchers in-game - I didn't buy them. That I might have earned other rewards, such as dil, while earning those vouchers is irrelevant. I didn't cheat the system or take advantage of a loophole - earning extra vouchers that could be used later was an explicit part of how those rewards were set-up - as demonstrated by the fact that it continued to be available through many events until they altered the system...again.

I still have over 250 of those vouchers across 7 alts after burning 14 of them on this event. My plan - just in case something happened in the future - was to complete the entire Event Campaign after Event II which should have just hit 3500 event progress with the 700 from redeeming the vouchers.

Had the option not been available, I doubt I would have spent the time back then. I saw a benefit in earning the vouchers, and the game benefited by my playing events multiple times on multiple alts long after I had earned whatever event reward was available.

I have plenty of unrefined dil. I would not continue to play events on multiple alts simply for dil.

It may be nothing to some people, but I spent a lot of time and effort. I made decisions about how to spend my game time based on what I was told. I've had plenty of other "commendations" and "vouchers" become worthless over the years after having them renege on promises made regarding various game mechanics that they decided to abandon.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    People had thousands of these tokens. When they made the change they suggested that they would be worthless in the future so I threw mine away- maybe only around 100. These would have been used up long ago had I not thrown them away.

I guess the way I feel about it is - eh. whatever. It's only surprising to me how committed they are to allowing their continued use. I wish they would apply those feelings to other things that have been changed.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

I'm confused here was the fix already or does it come with one of the future patches???
    edited February 2021
    I'd suspect we'd maybe see it soon... ...though my token's like many others, ran out a very long time ago.
    0zxlclk.png
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I hope these are fixed retroactively. Last time around, i got screwed on the bigger events count because they didn't get counted. I would hate to miss out of the t6 ship tokens THIS time, as well.
    I'm confused here was the fix already or does it come with one of the future patches???

As I understand it, it was fixed for people who had NOT redeemed it at the time the server was rebooted. However, if you had already redeemed tokens, you didn't get credit and are SOL, for now.
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Today's patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484943-patch-notes-for-3/4/21

"
    * Resolved an issue that was preventing Legacy Progress contribution from rewarding Event Campaign Progress.

* Captains that did not receive their Event Campaign Progress due to this issue will have that progress awarded to them on a future date.
    "

Sounds promising. Hopefully we'll get the retroactive fix soon enough.
    sf911 wrote: »
    Today's patch notes: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484943-patch-notes-for-3/4/21

"
    * Resolved an issue that was preventing Legacy Progress contribution from rewarding Event Campaign Progress.

* Captains that did not receive their Event Campaign Progress due to this issue will have that progress awarded to them on a future date.
    "

Yeah I noticed that players who haven't received the progress are suppose to get the missing marks at a future date whenever that may be...

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    Yeah I noticed that players who haven't received the progress are suppose to get the missing marks at a future date whenever that may be...

Looks like i'm out of another multi-phase event's rewards then...
    edited March 2021
    Though they always reserve the right to change how they work, though I've never seen anything official.
    sf911 wrote: »

"

"

My guess is it will likely be within 2-3 weeks, possibly even sooner.

Till then just keep running the daily 'each day' even after you've earned your 14/14, as it will still advance 50 progress each day toward the Campaign. Then you'll receive any missing campaign progress once the final patch goes live.

Try to all have a good weekend!
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.