test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Recruitment Event!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Klingon Empire is Recruiting on PC! This new Recruitment Event will get you access to brand new rewards, including new traits and officers, and an exclusive bat'leth and T6 Bird of Prey!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483293

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Besides the first couple of days of glitches, operational-wise, I think this has been an overall good recruitment event.

I'm enjoying the various goals to complete for the event, both short & long term.

I'm still trying to figure out why though Cryptic wanted to lessen equipment rewards for this particular event with mostly Rare quality compared to previous events of Very Rare quality. Who is it at Cryptic that just doesn't like Klingon?

I still don't think the M'Chla Refit is a T6 ship, it simply lacks the equivalent console slots, but the design is growing on me & the various ship-skin options for it are nice.

The 25 zen reward boxes are a bit laughable for the amount & the frequency they drop.

The recruitment uniform was done well & looks good.

The new missions are very well done, some just feel like another Cryptic rehash of previous things but the quality is good along with First City seems crisp.

Last but not least, the stability of the game while playing especially during a more than usual heavy traffic with lots more players is tremendously better than before. It took a long time with what seemed to me you all were just asking players for data to collect the data for File 13, but glad my suspicion was incorrect. Whatever you all did, Cryptic, seems to have worked or influenced to get done. Except only a couple of times STO has been running smoothly for myself. I've been impressed but I know others' experience might vary, but Cryptic deserves an accolade for the work.
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Would be really good to have progress meters for the recruitment achievements. (For this and other events).
  • lizzygracemountlizzygracemount Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Would be nice if we could open the reward boxes. "Use" doesn't do anything... they're just sitting there taunting me...any ETA on fixing that? Otherwise, pretty good episodes and loving the graphics.
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Really need progress meters for the recruitment achievements and only count Random TFO is terrible, please change to any TFO.

Progress meters would be very nice & encouraging indeed!

This recruitment event had me remembering, Cryptic used to run from time to time a sort of community event where all the players could participate & achieve a common goal & reward.

I wish Cryptic would consider doing something like that again, something uniting.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    How do we claim the T6 ship? I didn't see it at the ship vendor.
  • asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    felderburg wrote: »
    How do we claim the T6 ship? I didn't see it at the ship vendor.

For your KDF recruit you use the Encrypted Klingon Reciever you got when you started. It is under Slay enemies of the Empire - 2nd one in. Need to kill Uljun in the mission "bringing down the house".

For other characters you need to see the Temporal Agent for your faction and look under the Klingon Recruit tab.
    Thanks for the progress meters. I guess only some working so far as Random TFO's show 0/0, and all Personal Endeavours show as completed though they aren't.
    Thanks for the progress meters. I guess only some working so far as Random TFO's show 0/0, and all Personal Endeavours show as completed though they aren't.

I agree the progress meters are appreciated. It is too bad not all are properly functioning but I'm sure Cryptic will eventually fixed them.
    Looks like they are now, thanks again!
  • hetairai#8501 hetairai Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I like the recruitment event so far. One question though: obviously the information regarding the endevours is wrong. I'm in my 40s now and way past lvl 15 that is stated to be needed for that there. As I've just started to play the game, I'd like to know when I can start working on those.

Just a friendly reminder to consider creating a KDF recruit, in case someone hasn't yet, since there's only about 1 day left to do so.

Subjectively the pros far out-weigh the cons.

Besides, Cryptic was nice enough to gift a free character lot just for the purpose of the KDF Recruitment Event so best to make use of it.
    Just been playing a level 32 KDF recruit & zero 25 dilithium perk drops.

Did Cryptic knowingly "stealth nerf" this boon to cancellation with last patch?

Was there, has there been, any official word from Cryptic about it?

What am I missing, since some have said it is still dropping?

I checked all 4 chat setting tabs during a 30 min span: Notifications, Chat, NPC, & Combat & zero dilithium droppings.

Was 25 dilithium every 5 to 10 mins too much?
    Just read in another thread where Cryptic had announced they withdrew the dilithium droppings on purpose from the KDF Recruitment Event, I think on Twitter, & it was suppose to be temporary but since the recruitment event is now over it ended-up being permanent. I think the dilithium droppings were active for less time compared to Cryptic withdrawing them during the event. Insert "this would've happened during a Fed-centric event joke" here.