test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So whatever happened to the "ANY" lockbox ship reward?

Comments

• bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    The only ship released so far affected by this is the most recent lockbox ship, the Zhat Vash Dhailkhina Command Strike Wing Warbird.

I'm cool with that list but others might not be. Oh boy!
    The only ship released so far affected by this is the most recent lockbox ship, the Zhat Vash Dhailkhina Command Strike Wing Warbird

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    The only ship released so far affected by this is the most recent lockbox ship, the Zhat Vash Dhailkhina Command Strike Wing Warbird.

Oh you have no idea :) Dont go to the Official STO Facebook page or Twitter. Some real angry gamers out there :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User

Yep, the top of my wish list is a Connie or D7 and both are from before the cutoff so no problems for me.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User

Yep, the top of my wish list is a Connie or D7 and both are from before the cutoff so no problems for me.

I am leaning towards a S31 Battlecruiser. Though i am still uncertain if that will be indeed my final choice
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    why do you people care so much about ships?
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    > @paradox#7391 said:
    > why do you people care so much about ships?

You either chase THE UBER DPS or SPACE BARBIE as the endgame. Both require special ships.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean it will be nearly a year from now before we even get the token. So much to choose from. Crazy times.

Although the mega-event spreads over 5 parts, if you were to hit each of the first three on each of the 21 days you'd have 3150 progress by the end of Event#3 (at a rate of 50 progress per day, totalling 1050 per event).

We need to hit 3500 to get the prize, so even allowing for missed days here and there due to life stuff, we should be able to hit it by mid way through Event#4 assuming my maths is right (never a guarantee!).

It's still a long run, but doesn't feel quite so long when put that way IMO, and you could afford to miss a whole event and still get the prize.

The events are also accepting the FTFO commendations ("legacy progress"). You can use 14 of them to claim the event prize - which means you get 700 progress.

I wonder whether you can get the 700 progress, then get 1050 for playing each day for a total of 1750. Then, get to 3500 by the end of the second event.

As someone with 250 Legacy Progress sitting across alts, I'm hoping the answer is yes. I suppose I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
    Yeah, I mean it will be nearly a year from now before we even get the token. So much to choose from. Crazy times.

Although the mega-event spreads over 5 parts, if you were to hit each of the first three on each of the 21 days you'd have 3150 progress by the end of Event#3 (at a rate of 50 progress per day, totalling 1050 per event).

We need to hit 3500 to get the prize, so even allowing for missed days here and there due to life stuff, we should be able to hit it by mid way through Event#4 assuming my maths is right (never a guarantee!).

It's still a long run, but doesn't feel quite so long when put that way IMO, and you could afford to miss a whole event and still get the prize.

The events are also accepting the FTFO commendations ("legacy progress"). You can use 14 of them to claim the event prize - which means you get 700 progress.

I wonder whether you can get the 700 progress, then get 1050 for playing each day for a total of 1750. Then, get to 3500 by the end of the second event.

As someone with 250 Legacy Progress sitting across alts, I'm hoping the answer is yes. I suppose I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

I have a ton of FTFO commendations and would be great if we can still use those. I hope it will also give dilithium bonus once completed. We will see.
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    They really screwed up with this event once again. It was hyped and agreed there is lots of flaming in social media.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    reduced to only "INIFINITY" boxes not the other ones

Right now, there are only like two or three ships that aren't infinity yet. Sure there'll be more once people get the reward, but frankly, some players who didn't throw their wallet and didn't play the exchange on max number of characters/account will be happy to finally get just one of those infinity-prizes. It will be difficult to make the choice, in fact. So many good options in infinities already, and most players only have a few or MAY be all the good ones, but split upon several toons.

It's free of charge in the end, and if it's not good enough a prize, what would be.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    So, currently, the reward info says only the infinity lockbox ships will be available, not the promo ones.

I sincerely hope this is a simple oversight in the description.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    I'm totally confused about meta reward it says "Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship" and but In-game its not showing [Special Requisition Pack - Section 31 Command Heavy Battlecruiser [T6]]. Can I obtain this ship from end of year event? If anyone can help clarify thanks :(
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    hey? no jug, no d7 mw, no tzen-tar, and ofc no uny ... this ships were release before 12/31/20. Cryptics cheat players again? XD what a surprise XDD
    It went from:

"ANY"

to Infinity and Infinity Promo ONLY

to:

Restricted to ships before "December 2020".

See the pattern?

Is this a good way to run a BUSINESS? well.. yeah thank you anyway CRYPTIC!

• kptmuffin#9760 kptmuffin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So where are those promo ships? Like Enterprise-J? You are missing there way more ships than just ships released after 1.1.2021. Place them there immediately or you are liars about prizes
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    As long as their twitter still says it's lockbox or promo, chances are the ingame-event-page is just lying again.
    I really hope it's not the other way around.
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... they also made the Kelvin D7 a Destroyer rather than a Cruiser, which the Kelvin Connie is considered. On the other hand the fact it is the Kelvin Timeline's D7 might give it some weight for consideration. Who knows. The main reason people want it considered is for parity with the Federation. And IMO the KD7 might be more worthy due to iconic look than the D4x BoP.

Still... the decision is ultimately up to Cryptic. We can theory craft all day long, but the Devs get the final say.
    Honestly though I wouldn't mind seeing more of the KD7. She's a beautiful rendition of the classic. I should probably fly mine a bit more...

we want trait from ship, not a ship... who need Kelvin D7? rly
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    So, currently, the reward info says only the infinity lockbox ships will be available, not the promo ones.

I sincerely hope this is a simple oversight in the description.

I certainly hope so too, but part of me kinda doubts it, because that's at least a dozen or more ships that are off that list. That's one fairly glaring oversight.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    according to the reward info for the event in game theres no Section 31 Command Heavy Battlecruiser included, surely this is a mistake?
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    kibi#8855 wrote: »
    according to the reward info for the event in game theres no Section 31 Command Heavy Battlecruiser included, surely this is a mistake?

That is a promo box ship, which is among the list of the ships people have been bringing up that are missing from the in-game rewards list.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User

I have a ton of FTFO commendations and would be great if we can still use those. I hope it will also give dilithium bonus once completed. We will see.

Alas, you definitely can use the FTFO commendations to complete the current event and claim the reward, BUT...

...you get absolutely no credit toward the bigger event unless you do the daily. After using the commendations and claiming the reward, you do immediately become eligible for the first 8K dil, so there's that, I suppose.

The entirety Infinity Promo roster is missing, it seems.

Close call

• joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Okay. Blood pressure lowering.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
    It went from:

"ANY"

to Infinity and Infinity Promo ONLY

to:

Restricted to ships before "December 2020".

See the pattern?

Is this a good way to run a BUSINESS? well.. yeah thank you anyway CRYPTIC!

That's in a nutshell the way this event is being communicated. :D
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User

The entirety Infinity Promo roster is missing, it seems.

Close call

*summons a mariachi band*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.