test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Voth Advance

Comments

• edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    ...and have you figured out and fixed the cause of Voth ships flying around like streakers at a sports game? Because, well, I'm not sure it's all that wise to highlight buggy content. Just my opinion, of course.

From the patch notes:
    Addressed an issue that caused certain ships in "Storming the Spire" TFO to move at high speeds even in combat.

Also note the following:
    The Grand Prize for the 2021 Event Campaign will offer players a choice as to what they receive, between the three following options:
    1. Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship
    This ship will be a once per account unlock, for a single ship only.
    Contents only include premium starships that were released before 12/31/20. Starships released after this date will not be included as options.
    2. 1,500 Lobi Crystals
    Once per account.
    3. Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store
    Once per account.

As far as getting lockbox/lobi/promo ships as account unlocks, only way I expect that kind of thing to happen is via Legendary ships or Mudd's Market. Not that I wouldn't like it if it did happen, but I don't think it will outside those two methods. Also keep in mind, each of the 5 events will have it's own rewards on top of the grand prize.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Actually, rather happy about this event. I might be in a minority here, but I actually really enjoy 'Storming the Spire' and 'The Breach'.

I do hope they fix them though - as already noted, the Voth seem to be on Steroids or something; they constantly outpace player ships and nothing slows them down - it's particularly annoying to see them speed right out of a GWIII as if it were not even there.

Drain Bonanza is just plain fun against the voth.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Legacy Tokens don't advance campaign progress, is this broke or intended? Also, how often can we use them? I recently found a few on some rarely used chars and dont want them to go to waste. The last few events didn't let me turn them in, will the next two events for the campaign accept them too?
    So can people confirm because to be honest happy with the choice of ships in the promo/infinity choice ship pack, can anyone confirm that the ships available are not all the ships from any previous box/promos and just the ones listed, with which I am happy with because for instance don't like the idea of seeing such high price/rare/ missive ships like the universe class, la serina, and so on don't want to see all over esd space and space combat. Think I may get the borg ship looks good to me!

The choice of ships is very fair and amazing/ 1500 lobi very nice indeed and t6 tokens good alt and happy because makes perfect sense. #Love event campaign 3
  • shadowmane20001shadowmane20001 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship
    Note: Contents only include premium starships that were released before 12/31/20. Starships released after this date will not be included as options.

When looking through list of selectable ships, I noticed that the Temporal light cruisers are not there. The Temporal light Cruiser Fed (Connie), The temporal D7, and the temporal Tliss are not on the list. and these ships DID come out before 12/31/2020 so someone accidently omitted it, or left out three of the best ships in the game. please let this be a typo.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    They're grouped together, not separate ships -- the 23c T6 Ship box. You have to choose the group option, and it unpacks to the ship specific to your faction.

That's not the problem. The problem is the temporal ships are not listed at all. Neither are the 26th century dreadnoughts, or the Krenim Annorax weapon ship, or the La Sirena, or any of the other stuff from the promo boxes. The entire reward list is from the Infinity Lock Box. Nothing else.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • lorddeetslorddeets Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    There not going to give a choice of all ships, just be happy with what choices you have, they did not even need to give any free ships and stuff at all the list of ships and stuff is fair and all grate choices for basically no effort shadowmane.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    lorddeets wrote: »
    There not going to give a choice of all ships, just be happy with what choices you have, they did not even need to give any free ships and stuff at all the list of ships and stuff is fair and all grate choices for basically no effort shadowmane.

Again, that's not the bloody point. The point is, they said lockbox OR PROMO. Which means the couple-times-a-year stuff you get from R&D and duty officer packs. Which means the big honking Enterprise-Js and what not. THEY ARE NOT LISTED. Either somebody screwed up, or Cryptic lied.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • lorddeetslorddeets Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    year but come on they can't just let people choose any ship from the game. Anyway happy for what's available from this event campaign.
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    section 31 battlecruiser is missing from the list, im assuming the ingame text is wrong
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Flog me now for asking this, but WTH does THIS mean ?
    Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store
    Once per account.

It's a given the 2021 event grand prize can only be earned ONCE per account, but does it also mean that if option 3 is claimed in this event, if it's ever offered again in another event it cannot be claimed again ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • shadowmane20001shadowmane20001 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Note: Contents only include premium starships that were released before 12/31/20. Starships released after this date will not be included as options.

When looking through list of selectable ships, I noticed that the Temporal light cruisers are not there. The Temporal light Cruiser Fed (Connie), The temporal D7, and the temporal Tliss are not on the list. and these ships DID come out before 12/31/2020 so someone accidently omitted it, or left out three of the best ships in the game. please let this be a typo.

They're grouped together, not separate ships -- the 23c T6 Ship box. You have to choose the group option, and it unpacks to the ship specific to your faction.

Look at the TOS Dreadnaught line. They are in there, The prototype dreadnought is the Atlas class.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Flog me now for asking this, but WTH does THIS mean ?
    Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store
    Once per account.

It's a given the 2021 event grand prize can only be earned ONCE per account, but does it also mean that if option 3 is claimed in this event, if it's ever offered again in another event it cannot be claimed again ?

I seriously doubt that. I would expect that the reward is once per account for this event. If there ever comes another event with two coupons as a reward, you will be able to claim them.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    ok so am I reading this right? you grind MORE, and the toon that grinds is the only one getting the ship, AND, even if I did the grind on more than one character, only ONE gets to claim the prize??
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • wahlberg88wahlberg88 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    @ambassadorkael#6946 The patch notes state -

In this case, why has the Kiwavi Bio Cruiser been included, but the Cheirax Bio Warship has not? These were both released at the same time.

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    wahlberg88 wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946 The patch notes state -

In this case, why has the Kiwavi Bio Cruiser been included, but the Cheirax Bio Warship has not? These were both released at the same time.

Since the Cheirax is an Infinity T6 ship & the Kiwavi is a Lobi Store ship my guess is Cryptic simply accidently switched them. Based off of how Cryptic has promoted this so far is I'd "think" the Cheirax would/should be the intended ship for this campaign reward list & the Kiwavi stays in the Lobi Store. Chalk it all up to a "typo" of sorts. Thank goodness there's several months not to worry too much about it & hammer out the details, sooner rather than later.
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The in-game list of ships I think was copied directly from the Infinity lockbox More Details list. (Which does have the Kiwavi listed.)

According to everything they've said, promo ships will be included in the list, but it seems they were left off the in-game list. Far as I know, the only new lockbox/promo ships that wouldn't be included, as things stand now, would be the Ba'ul Sentry ship and the Dhailkhina warbird, though they might get added to Infinity sometime this year. Any promo ships they release this year however will not be eligible. Also, for the multi-ship packs, anyone who has Cross Faction Flying should be able to pick any of the ships from that pack, regardless what faction the ship normally would go to. (Just like when I recently got an Infinity T6 pack and picked the Kelvin Divergence pack, when opening it on my old KDF char I could have gotten the Kelvin Connie, Kelvin Einstein, Kelvin D4X, Kelvin D7, or even the Kelvin T'laru. I picked the Kelvin D7 since there wasn't one in the legendary bundle.)
    nixie50 wrote: »
    ok so am I reading this right? you grind MORE, and the toon that grinds is the only one getting the ship, AND, even if I did the grind on more than one character, only ONE gets to claim the prize??

If you pick a Promo/Lockbox ship, only one char will get to use it, however apparently you will be able to trade the boxed ship to another character before opening it. (Ships from Infinity T6 packs and Promo Ship Packs normally aren't bound, and thus can be sold on the exchange. These ships won't be able to be sold on the exchange.) It's like you get your choice of a Promo Ship Pack or an Infinity T6 pack, except you cannot sell/trade/give the ships to another account, only another character on your account.

If you pick the Lobi, you can spend them any way you want on any character. (And I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lobi sale around the time the last event ends.) But the Lobi items are per-character.

If you pick the T6 coupons, you can use the two ships on any char that can use them. (Meaning any char once Cross Faction Flying is unlocked one way or another.) However you won't be able to buy ships that are still on the "New" list until they're no longer on that list.

I'm going to get an Inquiry, unless I manage to get one before then, which isn't too likely. But if I did, then I'd get the Nimrod.

Edit: Saw in another thread that a dev confirmed that the in-game ship list is incomplete and that will be fixed. Not sure if he knows about the Undine ship confusion, which also affects the Infinity lockbox itself.
    Post edited by edrickvellorin on
  • chevy7189chevy7189 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    "Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship. Contents only include premium starships that were released before 12/31/20. Starships released after this date will not be included as options."

So, could you post a "CLEAR" list of what ships are in the Reward Pack for the Voth Event?
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    chevy7189 wrote: »
    "Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship. Contents only include premium starships that were released before 12/31/20. Starships released after this date will not be included as options."

So, could you post a "CLEAR" list of what ships are in the Reward Pack for the Voth Event?

THE VOTH EVENT DOES NOT REWARD THE SHIP!!! Holy TRIBBLE... This Voth event only rewards a stupid sword... it will be several months before you even get CLOSE to earning a ship...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    chevy7189 wrote: »

Probably not as good nor official but give them a bit of time & I'm sure Cryptic will get it all correct.

Meanwhile I posted a list in these very forums able to be found with minimal effort.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1260582/is-this-an-accurate-list-of-potential-t6-campaign-event-ship-options
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Also here:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Event_Campaign_III_Prize:_Premium_T6_Starship_Choice

I like the gallery about halfway down...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • ussgaliantussgaliant Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Clarification on this year's events hi all have a few fleet members who are confused about this year's events do we have to do all five events or just a few of them I know past year events have been like 3 events for ship tokens etc any help would be great
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Suppose you were to get your 3500 points before the event campaign was half over. If you managed through both buyouts and busting your hump to get 7000 points, could you claim the reward and continue to a second reward of the grand prize?
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Suppose you were to get your 3500 points before the event campaign was half over. If you managed through both buyouts and busting your hump to get 7000 points, could you claim the reward and continue to a second reward of the grand prize?

Event rewards are only ever claimable once. Once you have reached the prize, you are done.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    vorwoda wrote: »

Event rewards are only ever claimable once. Once you have reached the prize, you are done.

As I suspected. That's how it always used to be, but I've been away for a couple of years and was unsure if it had changed. Many thanks for the quick reply!
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I plan to stick to the promo ship choices with the D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier [T6] for my alt account, where I run klingons, romulans and cardassians. For my main, Federation exclusive toons, I will have to select between the Freedom-class Exploration Frigate [T6], the Inquiry Battlecruiser [T6] or the Vulcan Experimental Scout Vessel [T6]?