What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voth Advance rewards

124»

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    protoneous wrote: »
    That's an interesting statistic but I think your time numbers are a little high, by somewhere between 20 - 33%. Summer event is under 15 minutes for the race including login, acquire, race, collect if you leave a character parked at Risa. Anniversary 11 was closer to 20 minutes including login if you did the Starbase One TFO like I did. Most event TFOs have been around 15 minutes at most so with login closer to 20 minutes than 30.

If you do other things like admiralty or doffing then the time increases, but that shouldn't count for the event load calculations.
    Looking at the times again yes mine are a bit high. So will adopt your suggested times of 15 minutes each for Summer and Winter events, and 20 minutes each for the Anniversary Event and the 2021 Event Campaign.

This leaves the annualized event play time at 6.5 minutes per day or 45 mins/week or 3 hrs/month. The daily login load remains at one login every 2.8 days for all events.

The former seems reasonable while the latter seems to stare at me a bit more.

Perhaps it's better framed as needing to log in just over a third of the time in 2021 to go for the grand prize of all events completed, while acknowledging that during event times this rises to 50% for 3 of the events and to 66% for each of this year's 5 event campaign.

Nice work on this. The frequency of daily logins needed to get all the ships really stands out when you look at combined events for the year.

That's a lot of grind!

On the other hand, if we do grind like that we get 3 x T6 account-wide event ships plus the meta-event promo/lock/lobi/2xT6 prize. If you figure at least $150 for the meta-prize (Exchange price for the promo ship) + $90 for the event ships that's a generous reward for the grind. Also add a bit more for the 4-5 other event shinies like the sword.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I either missed an announcement or this is a plain typo and should be "character"?

accountorwhat.jpg

Or does that meant that if opening the character bound box you pick a ship that comes in a account bound box which contains a character bound ship?

edit: But even that makes no sense; the wording in the actual live game does not really leaves any wiggle room for interpretation. *confused*
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    I either missed an announcement or this is a plain typo and should be "character"?

accountorwhat.jpg

Or does that meant that if opening the character bound box you pick a ship that comes in a account bound box which contains a character bound ship?

edit: But even that makes no sense; the wording in the actual live game does not really leaves any wiggle room for interpretation. *confused*

It means the box is account bound (so, you can move it from character to character, but not sell it) but when you actually open it, the ship is single character.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

accountorwhat.jpg

It means the box is account bound (so, you can move it from character to character, but not sell it) but when you actually open it, the ship is single character.

I think you're correct.

I still would've preferred Cryptic to allow the ships to be tradable/buyable/sellable to let the STO economy go wild, but I think Cryptic did good here having the "Promo ship" prize be account-wide like this for the player & offers the least chance of a player opening-up the ship on the wrong character desired.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

accountorwhat.jpg

Thanks. That makes it a bit more interesting then.
This discussion has been closed.