What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voth Advance rewards

Comments

• jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Details up for the first of the years events to earn those freebie Tier 6 ships, Lockbox ships or Lobi and I am a little confused if they mean what they infer. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484513?fbclid=IwAR0PPmF5JBIMsdaWSH1FU2Qr18X942OLe5509mGtlGJtnC-PRlIT6DMICXs
    Option 1:

Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship
    This ship will be a per character unlock.

As it says per character does this mean all of our characters can each claim a different lockbox ship?

The link now says account unlock
    This ship will be a once per account unlock, for a single ship only.

...yet some players still construe this to mean "1 toon on an account' unlock.
    facepalm

Because it *is* for "one toon on an account".
    You can facepalm all you want, it doesn't change the fact that if you go for a Promo/Lockbox ship only *one* character will get it.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Unless you hear them say otherwise, this has always been a single ship they are giving you. You get the reward once on your account and that's it. Meaning you can't get it on more than a single toon. One claim, one ship.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Details up for the first of the years events to earn those freebie Tier 6 ships, Lockbox ships or Lobi and I am a little confused if they mean what they infer. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484513?fbclid=IwAR0PPmF5JBIMsdaWSH1FU2Qr18X942OLe5509mGtlGJtnC-PRlIT6DMICXs
    Option 1:

This ship will be a per character unlock.

As it says per character does this mean all of our characters can each claim a different lockbox ship?

The link now says account unlock

...yet some players still construe this to mean "1 toon on an account' unlock.
    facepalm

Once per account means the reward box can only be claimed once, not once per character.

The box is most likely going to reward one standard infinity or promo choice token or two C-Store tokens . When you use a standard infinity token it will unlock one ship that is character bound just like if you got it from opening gamble boxes.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Unless you hear them say otherwise, this has always been a single ship they are giving you. You get the reward once on your account and that's it. Meaning you can't get it on more than a single toon. One claim, one ship.

I thought I DID 'hear' it.

The event itself is accountwide, zen ships are accountwide, lobi are accountwide, so why wouldn't the other prize also be accountwide ? Consider the legendary ships are also in the infinity lockbox, and bundled in the z-store- so if ANY of these legendary ships are already unlocked on any toon on your account then the legendary prize ship cannot be unlocked on a toon that doesn't have it since the bolded text above says it's an account unlock for a single ship (just like any Z-store purchased ship) but since it's already unlocked on one toon- the once per account unlock has already been used for your account.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

The event itself is accountwide, zen ships are accountwide, lobi are accountwide, so why wouldn't the other prize also be accountwide ? Consider the legendary ships are also in the infinity lockbox, and bundled in the z-store- so if ANY of these legendary ships are already unlocked on any toon on your account then the legendary prize ship cannot be unlocked on a toon that doesn't have it since the bolded text above says it's an account unlock for a single ship (just like any Z-store purchased ship) but since it's already unlocked on one toon- the once per account unlock has already been used for your account.

That makes no sense whatsoever... what make sense is this post by Kael - you can see it on reddit for yourself (https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l6c3rb/thank_you_captains/):
    ambassadorkael Community Manager 27 days ago

It is determined, and it is a character unlock.

I'm sorry.

In answer to the question: "can you clarify yet whether the lockbox/promo ship reward will be account-unlocked or bound to one character, or is that yet to be determined?"

Now, we can argue all we want that the wording in the news post is not as clear as it could be, but the fact remain: it will be one ship claimable by one character only, not an account-unlocked ship.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    edited February 2021

>> Consider the legendary ships are also in the infinity lockbox

No they are not. They are the same ship TYPE like TOS Connie, but they are different ships. Just like the Legendary Defiant is not the regular C-Store Defiant. You can look up the differences in specs including traits in the wiki: https://sto.gamepedia.com/

If you buy the Legendary Bundle from the C-Store you get account unlocks for Legendary ships. If you open lock boxes or promo boxes you get to choose a ship token that is a single character unlock for the lock box or promo pack version of the ship.

This event awards the lock box / promo box versions not the Legendary versions. It probably will give you the same choice token you'd get from gamble boxes.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Ehm, English isn't my native language but clearly 'once PER account unlock' doesn't mean and was never intended to mean that you can claim it twelve times if you have twelve characters on your account...

You've got one account, you can claim the ship once on that account.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Ehm, English isn't my native language but clearly 'once PER account unlock' doesn't mean and was never intended to mean that you can claim it twelve times if you have twelve characters on your account...

You've got one account, you can claim the ship once on that account.

Thats what I'm saying- why would they post it as a 'once per account unlock' since the yearlong event can only be completed once per account.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    70 out of 105 days sounds like a piece of cake yet somehow it isn't for at least some people... hence the term event fatigue.

Perhaps it's the amount of time in combination with the other events that should be used for an actual number?

One suggestion from a friend was to change the ratio so that available days were increased so as to not represent the majority of the time.

This likely wouldn't be done as it avoids event fatigue by design.

I'm amazed at how much more fun the game is when I log in when I want to versus logging in to avoid fomo.

Will see how things go this year but for the first time will be looking at buyout costs for the entire 2021 Event Campaign on a cost per month basis.

The price of freedom, being able to take a clean break at times, to avoid having to look at a computer screen on a beautiful summer evening, and to avoid the fear of missing out.

I put a pretty high price on my time as it's a limited commodity that by nature becomes more limited every day.

(A bit late perhaps to reply, but I didn't fully read the page your post appeared on until now.)

If you ask me, instead of just increasing the number of days an event runs, a better way would be to give the player more control over when they do something.

While saying 'you get 30 days to do this 14 times with at least 20 hours between 2 runs' would clearly be an improvement to having 21 days, it doesn't change some of the underlying problems.

Players still have to be active during that period. They can't be away from the game for a couple of weeks.
    And that's exactly what people who are tired of events would want. Or at least, one thing that greatly annoys me with these events is the inability to be away from the game for a slightly longer period of time than a couple of days.

I have suggested this before, but they could, without serious downsides, remove the 20 hours time gate. If needed, add a restriction so that you can never earn more progress than the amount of days that have passed.

Example:

An event starts on March 1. By March 15th, you can have earned 15 progress (or in Cryptic-speak: Event Progress).
    You can either do it every day and keep respecting that 20 hours time gate, or you can do it like 7 times (or fewer) on March 7th, again 8 (or fewer) times by March 15th - or indeed seven times on March 7th, once on March 8th, four (or fewer) times on March 12th, three (or fewer) times on March 15th and so on.

It's simple, it gives players more freedom and it allows them to complete an event without making the game a daily task to complete.

If they applied this way of earning progress to the entire campaign, the mega-event consisting of five smaller events, it would have the added benefit of more casual players finding tons of things to do and to choose from when logging on.

All players and with that, Cryptic, would gain from this, no one would suffer in any way from such a change.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    All that and no account unlock... I think I'll pass.

Well, I don't think it will be as a popular option as 1 & 2 but that Option 3 does reward (2) T6 Ship Coupons so therefore that would unlock 2 T6 ships for the whole account.

Was referring to the rare option 1 ship. I could imagine some of these but I would have yet to create a character for that ship and since I'm currently not in the mood to cook up another char concept its all pretty worthless to me since the chars I do have are for the most part quite happy with their respective hero ship.

Wow, was just perusing through the long-list of R&D Promo Pack ships & Infinity T6 ships & have to admit I'd forgotten about probably 1/3rd of them since they've always been SO out of reach.

As I've stated before, this is going to be a good headache for us deciding down the proverbial road.

Of course going for Option 2 or Option 3 makes decisions much easier.

I'm still dreading the months of grinding, but the pay-off for doing so looks very appealing.

I think Cryptic has been pretty clear about how or how not these options are only per character, account-wide etcetera, etcetera.

I think it would be a great user-friendliness mechanic if the Option 1 came in an account-wide box that would be opened for only 1 character, similar to Lobi, just to avoid any potential excitement in accidently opening, after immediately earning, on the wrong character.

But then again, I'm not even sure if it's not already that way nor am I worried too much about that this early on.

That makes no sense whatsoever... what make sense is this post by Kael - you can see it on reddit for yourself (https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l6c3rb/thank_you_captains/):
    ambassadorkael Community Manager 27 days ago

It is determined, and it is a character unlock.

I'm sorry.

In answer to the question: "can you clarify yet whether the lockbox/promo ship reward will be account-unlocked or bound to one character, or is that yet to be determined?"

Now, we can argue all we want that the wording in the news post is not as clear as it could be, but the fact remain: it will be one ship claimable by one character only, not an account-unlocked ship.

Well that is definitely an event killer. 2 of 3 prizes for a years worth of grinding across all toon on an account, are single toon unlocks. TBH I don't need any more T6 ship tokens, I have unused T6 tokens already.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

protoneous wrote: »
    70 out of 105 days sounds like a piece of cake yet somehow it isn't for at least some people... hence the term event fatigue.

Perhaps it's the amount of time in combination with the other events that should be used for an actual number?

One suggestion from a friend was to change the ratio so that available days were increased so as to not represent the majority of the time.

This likely wouldn't be done as it avoids event fatigue by design.

I'm amazed at how much more fun the game is when I log in when I want to versus logging in to avoid fomo.

Will see how things go this year but for the first time will be looking at buyout costs for the entire 2021 Event Campaign on a cost per month basis.

The price of freedom, being able to take a clean break at times, to avoid having to look at a computer screen on a beautiful summer evening, and to avoid the fear of missing out.

I put a pretty high price on my time as it's a limited commodity that by nature becomes more limited every day.

(A bit late perhaps to reply, but I didn't fully read the page your post appeared on until now.)

If you ask me, instead of just increasing the number of days an event runs, a better way would be to give the player more control over when they do something.

While saying 'you get 30 days to do this 14 times with at least 20 hours between 2 runs' would clearly be an improvement to having 21 days, it doesn't change some of the underlying problems.

Players still have to be active during that period. They can't be away from the game for a couple of weeks.
    And that's exactly what people who are tired of events would want. Or at least, one thing that greatly annoys me with these events is the inability to be away from the game for a slightly longer period of time than a couple of days.

I have suggested this before, but they could, without serious downsides, remove the 20 hours time gate. If needed, add a restriction so that you can never earn more progress than the amount of days that have passed.

Example:

An event starts on March 1. By March 15th, you can have earned 15 progress (or in Cryptic-speak: Event Progress).
    You can either do it every day and keep respecting that 20 hours time gate, or you can do it like 7 times (or fewer) on March 7th, again 8 (or fewer) times by March 15th - or indeed seven times on March 7th, once on March 8th, four (or fewer) times on March 12th, three (or fewer) times on March 15th and so on.

It's simple, it gives players more freedom and it allows them to complete an event without making the game a daily task to complete.

If they applied this way of earning progress to the entire campaign, the mega-event consisting of five smaller events, it would have the added benefit of more casual players finding tons of things to do and to choose from when logging on.

All players and with that, Cryptic, would gain from this, no one would suffer in any way from such a change.

You have enough spare days to skip one of the events completely, while still having days to spare.

If you are away for a month you can still earn the meta-event reward.

Cryptic is paying you to log in 70 times on 70 different days for x minutes each. That's the deal.
    Guess I could sit on the extra tokens till the legendary Vor'Cha hits the Z-store....
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Guess I could sit on the extra tokens till the legendary Vor'Cha hits the Z-store....
    The tokens only work on individual ships, and there has been no evidence to suggest Cryptic plans to ever release any of these ships from any of the legendary bundles separately at any point.

*shrug, well I waited years for the Narenda (T6) just so I could paste the Ambassador skin on it and call it the NCC-1701C, tho not quite 'legendary' but neither is the Vor'Cha.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator

Okay here's the deal with the event until you see something in writing stating otherwise from Cryptic.

You can progress the event using any toon on your account. This is meant in part so that folks don't have to remember which toon they were running the event on and then getting irritated when they play the event on the wrong toon and see no progress. Overall they are giving you options of who you want to run the event with each day out of your toons.

Cstore ships are account wide because that's how they were designed to be. if you take the t6 coupons you will be able to unlock 2 Cstore ships, which will be account wide unlocks. That's always how Cstore ships have been designed and is nothing new.

You can move lobi crystals through your account bank and to any of your toons you want. However the rewards you get from lobi are NOT nor have they ever been account wide. Once you buy something from lobi, that item is stuck on that toon unless that item specifically says otherwise. In the case of space gear and ships you get from lobi, all of that is toon specific once you make the purchase.

As for lockbox and promo ships, unless they appear in a Mudd's Market bundle they ALWAYS have been a single toon unlock, and this is no different. This event is giving you a choice of 2 ship coupons for 2 cstore ships, 1500 lobi, OR a single lockbox or promo ship of your choice. Regardless of what you claim, you may only claim the reward once on your account. This means you can't go to another toon and claim an additional 2 coupons, 1500 lobi, or an additional lockbox/promo ship. We can debate whether the grammar of the post should have been better, but facts remain that's how it is.

While I would love for the promo/lockbox ship to have been an account wide unlock myself, it's not. As to why they did it that way you would have to ask them. Otherwise them even giving something like that away for free at all is in and of itself a huge deal.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Here is something else to remember: even as a single character unlock, promo ships are worth over $200 (if you were buying keys to sell for EC to buy the ship on the exchange). So even as a single character unlock, that means the prize value of the promo ship is over $200.

Like everyone else, I wish it were account unlock (who the heck wouldnt'?). But a $200+ value prize is still pretty substantial.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    We get on Cryptic a lot for being vague at times in their press releases, but this thread is pretty clear proof that it's not all on them.

There are some people that just don't understand things no matter how many times you explain them. People's lack of reading comprehension isn't on Cryptic.

This campaign reward is extremely generous.. it's the most generous reward in the history of the game.
    Insert witty signature line here.

Okay here's the deal with the event until you see something in writing stating otherwise from Cryptic.

You can progress the event using any toon on your account. This is meant in part so that folks don't have to remember which toon they were running the event on and then getting irritated when they play the event on the wrong toon and see no progress. Overall they are giving you options of who you want to run the event with each day out of your toons.

Cstore ships are account wide because that's how they were designed to be. if you take the t6 coupons you will be able to unlock 2 Cstore ships, which will be account wide unlocks. That's always how Cstore ships have been designed and is nothing new.

You can move lobi crystals through your account bank and to any of your toons you want. However the rewards you get from lobi are NOT nor have they ever been account wide. Once you buy something from lobi, that item is stuck on that toon unless that item specifically says otherwise. In the case of space gear and ships you get from lobi, all of that is toon specific once you make the purchase.

As for lockbox and promo ships, unless they appear in a Mudd's Market bundle they ALWAYS have been a single toon unlock, and this is no different. This event is giving you a choice of 2 ship coupons for 2 cstore ships, 1500 lobi, OR a single lockbox or promo ship of your choice. Regardless of what you claim, you may only claim the reward once on your account. This means you can't go to another toon and claim an additional 2 coupons, 1500 lobi, or an additional lockbox/promo ship. We can debate whether the grammar of the post should have been better, but facts remain that's how it is.

While I would love for the promo/lockbox ship to have been an account wide unlock myself, it's not. As to why they did it that way you would have to ask them. Otherwise them even giving something like that away for free at all is in and of itself a huge deal.

I would thank you for the clarification had I not assumed cryptic has learned something over the years- which apparently they have not. The below quote should read 'for a single character only', not 'for a single ship only'.

I had to follow a link to reddit to read a dev post, which was only slightly less muddy than the original post, but explained it more clearly that the official announcement - "No, it a per character unlock".
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    70 logins on 70 different days gives the 2021 Event Campaign an All Event Time - Annualized Daily Login Load of one login every 5.2 days with a total play time of 35 hours or 5.75 minutes per day assuming 30 minutes per login.

The 2021 AET-ADLL needs to be adjusted to include other events.

The 11th Anniversary Event required 20 logins with a play time of 10 hours. The Summer and Winter events should add 20 logins per event and play times of 10 hours each.

This brings the overall 2021 All Event Time Annualized Daily Login Load to one login every 2.8 days with a total play time of 65 hours or 10.68 minutes per day.

It would follow that since AET-ADLL is >2, it is not in the majority.

However when you take the requirements of 8 events spread evenly throughout the majority of the year it may very well feel like it for good reason.

The answer is just buried in a bunch of numbers.
    edited February 2021
    @protoneous - That's an interesting statistic but I think your time numbers are a little high, by somewhere between 20 - 33%. Summer event is under 15 minutes for the race including login, acquire, race, collect if you leave a character parked at Risa. Anniversary 11 was closer to 20 minutes including login if you did the Starbase One TFO like I did. Most event TFOs have been around 15 minutes at most so with login closer to 20 minutes than 30.

If you do other things like admiralty or doffing then the time increases, but that shouldn't count for the event load calculations.
    edited February 2021
    @protoneous - That's an interesting statistic but I think your time numbers are a little high, by somewhere between 20 - 33%. Summer event is under 15 minutes for the race including login, acquire, race, collect if you leave a character parked at Risa. Anniversary 11 was closer to 20 minutes including login if you did the Starbase One TFO like I did. Most event TFOs have been around 15 minutes at most so with login closer to 20 minutes than 30.

If you do other things like admiralty or doffing then the time increases, but that shouldn't count for the event load calculations.
    They very well could be and thanks for the feedback. I'll try and get a better handle on times moving forward this year. It's just something I threw out there (the daily load concept) out of interest in what the numbers would look like.

Also thanks for stepping in when it comes to how things work when it comes to opening various items and boxes (probability and statistics). You do a great job in this and in answering other questions as well. Your view on things is always appreciated.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    "The 2021 Event Campaign will span a total of FIVE separate Featured Events, spanning the majority of the upcoming year of PC releases"

So basically another year they get to sit on their rears and do jack...this campaign will take 5 months...summer and winter will each be a month. That's 7 out of 10...the 3 months will likely be filler tied to either a new TFO that is designed to be a huge time waster to influence people to buyout or a new episode or two picking up after the revival of L'rell...so means we can expect at most 3-6 new story missions and the rest of 2021 will be grind events.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    "The 2021 Event Campaign will span a total of FIVE separate Featured Events, spanning the majority of the upcoming year of PC releases"

So basically another year they get to sit on their rears and do jack...this campaign will take 5 months...summer and winter will each be a month. That's 7 out of 10...the 3 months will likely be filler tied to either a new TFO that is designed to be a huge time waster to influence people to buyout or a new episode or two picking up after the revival of L'rell...so means we can expect at most 3-6 new story missions and the rest of 2021 will be grind events.
    We typically get 3-4 major content updates per year, each with two missions. So around 6-8 new missions, some new TFOs, QOL updates, the same stuff they have always done since the DSC content started.

Which is more then they were putting out in the time between LoR and DR, or between AoY and ViL.

Here we go again with the lies...all of 2020 was pretty much grind events...we used to get new story missions...new tfos...new reputations and holdings. Now all we get is a new tfo or two a year and a handful of new story missions and the rest of the year is grind grind grind.
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    A couple things of interest from the patch notes for tomorrow:
    Addressed an issue that caused certain ships in "Storming the Spire" TFO to move at high speeds even in combat.

Contents only include premium starships that were released before 12/31/20. Starships released after this date will not be included as options.

For people talking about grinding, I have to say, if you don't want a grind, why play an MMO? I mean, every MMO I've ever played was big on grinding. That said, since they did the new event system, they have often given us multiple options on how to get progress in an event. For example doing 1 TFO, 1 story mission, or 2 patrols out of a list of specific patrols, so you don't have to do the exact same thing every day. And once you complete an individual event's progress, you don't have to keep going. You can take a break for the rest of that event if you're not worried about collecting the bonus dil. I personally like the option to get progress by doing patrols, since I can use them to work on starship mastery at the same time. (And one of the patrols I did a lot for this event isn't always exactly the same either, the enemies are randomly chosen, and some have even have been quietly updated with new ships that have come out. (Like the Gok'tad for the Fek'lhri)
    That's an interesting statistic but I think your time numbers are a little high, by somewhere between 20 - 33%. Summer event is under 15 minutes for the race including login, acquire, race, collect if you leave a character parked at Risa. Anniversary 11 was closer to 20 minutes including login if you did the Starbase One TFO like I did. Most event TFOs have been around 15 minutes at most so with login closer to 20 minutes than 30.

Looking at the times again yes mine are a bit high. So will adopt your suggested times of 15 minutes each for Summer and Winter events, and 20 minutes each for the Anniversary Event and the 2021 Event Campaign.

This leaves the annualized event play time at 6.5 minutes per day or 45 mins/week or 3 hrs/month. The daily login load remains at one login every 2.8 days for all events.

The former seems reasonable while the latter seems to stare at me a bit more.

Perhaps it's better framed as needing to log in just over a third of the time in 2021 to go for the grand prize of all events completed, while acknowledging that during event times this rises to 50% for 3 of the events and to 66% for each of this year's 5 event campaign.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    LOL, the video shows a human beating up a Klingon with a legendary Klingon sword.

That's just rude!
    A couple things of interest from the patch notes for tomorrow:
    Addressed an issue that caused certain ships in "Storming the Spire" TFO to move at high speeds even in combat.

Contents only include premium starships that were released before 12/31/20. Starships released after this date will not be included as options.

For people talking about grinding, I have to say, if you don't want a grind, why play an MMO? I mean, every MMO I've ever played was big on grinding. That said, since they did the new event system, they have often given us multiple options on how to get progress in an event. For example doing 1 TFO, 1 story mission, or 2 patrols out of a list of specific patrols, so you don't have to do the exact same thing every day. And once you complete an individual event's progress, you don't have to keep going. You can take a break for the rest of that event if you're not worried about collecting the bonus dil. I personally like the option to get progress by doing patrols, since I can use them to work on starship mastery at the same time. (And one of the patrols I did a lot for this event isn't always exactly the same either, the enemies are randomly chosen, and some have even have been quietly updated with new ships that have come out. (Like the Gok'tad for the Fek'lhri)

Grinding is a big part of a mmo...but so is evolving...sto has been stagnant for years.

Adding content is important...new dungeons and raids with new gear and new reputations is part of any mmo...that is gone from sto

Fixing bugs is a important part of a mmo, it took them over a year just to fix rubber banding issues that were negatively affecting all players

Fact of the matter sto keeps getting more and more like a gacha game every day...

Gacha games rely on gambling for ever scaling power creep
    Short to medium events typically offer rewards that are gimmicks or inferior for most players
    Campaigns typically offer decent rewards
    Often rerun events just to keep people busy
    Offer shortcuts for almost everything if you open your wallet

But at least gachas develop content that is more than just busy work, they add new systems and ever challenging events...new mechanics. The devs don't innovate, they just look for ways to keep you busy or open your wallet
This discussion has been closed.