What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wich Uniform do you want most?

slugisslugis Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Wich Uniform do you want most? 46 votes

The Cage Uniform
21%
captiannemo117relicthieftoddsullestwarmonger360mneme0jagdtier44vorwodajamieblancharddmg1701phoenixc#0738 10 votes
Star Trek Beyond Uniform
4%
fred26291#2759avoozuul 2 votes
Lower Decks Uniform
30%
angrytargpeterconnorfirstthay8472navar#3536dragonturtletimmyjexsamxconradhauserxyquarzesmokebaileyjameswilliefoppotee#4552diocletian#7546faelon#8433paradox#7391 14 votes
2380s Picard Uniform
17%
rattler2evilmark444joshmaulnrobbieczhivkog1#6413pattonj324westmetalsfurbyayayoye 8 votes
32 Century Uniform
26%
garaks31razartrek1strathkinsciva#8513myopicaardycrm14916slugiszolgearmas134gluck123revanindustriesoberlordbuddyacidbuk#5004 12 votes

Comments

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    None of the above.

I want the Reman Resistance uniform.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    The 2330s uniform.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    None of the above. I want General Chang's uniform!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    2380s Picard Uniform
    As the DSC Enterprise uniforms aren't an option... 2380s.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    None of the above.

DSC Enterprise uniforms.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    2380s Picard Uniform
    reyan01 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    As the DSC Enterprise uniforms aren't an option... 2380s.

Yeah, I'd have chosen DSC Enterprise uniforms too.

I really don't understand why those haven't been added yet, it's just a slight retexture of the existing Disco uniform.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    2380s Picard Uniform
    I really don't understand why those haven't been added yet, it's just a slight retexture of the existing Disco uniform.

Its not just a retexture. While the base model is the same as the standard DSC uniforms, it doesn't have the same details, AND it needs a layer for rank stripes on the sleeves. So we are talking about a lot more work than it would appear. Things that look simple when it comes to gaming... aren't. I admit I'm no modeler or coder, but I understand that when it comes to coding or modeling... there's a lot more under the hood than we actually see in the end product.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Lower Decks Uniform
    My preferences are:

1) Lower Decks, to include Standard, Dress, & Doctor's Coat (hopefully in animated art style just like the U.S.S. Cerritos if it ever releases)

2) Picard

3) 32nd Century

4) Beyond

5) The Cage
    edited February 2021
    2380s Picard Uniform
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its not just a retexture.
    Actually, it IS just a retexture. All they need to do is remove the shiny bits and retexture that area, and draw+apply the textures for the rank. The uniforms are identical otherwise, the creases and stuff all follow the outline of where the tiny deltas are on the Disco uniform, probably so that CBS could save money making the costumes as they only had to use different color fabric and leave out the shiny stuff instead of designing a whole new costume.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    All the uniforms. Those in the poll and those that are not.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    32 Century Uniform
    garaffe wrote: »
    None of the above.

I want the Reman Resistance uniform.

I wish Romulan REP had a Ground Tailor Unlock to expand Romulan Republic, perhaps even a Reman variant.
    0zxlclk.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    None of the above.

DSC Enterprise uniforms.

This.. a thousand times.. THIS!
    Insert witty signature line here.
    2380s Picard Uniform
    Actually, it IS just a retexture. All they need to do is remove the shiny bits and retexture that area, and draw+apply the textures for the rank. The uniforms are identical otherwise, the creases and stuff all follow the outline of where the tiny deltas are on the Disco uniform, probably so that CBS could save money making the costumes as they only had to use different color fabric and leave out the shiny stuff instead of designing a whole new costume.

Those shiny bits are modeled on I think, and have their own color set, which indicates they are a separate layer from the base. They may follow the same pattern, but certain sections are different from each other. Honestly your argument kinda feels like saying that you can just retexture the Kelvin uniforms and get the TOS uniforms by just snapping your fingers.
    We're talking modeling and code work. Not just a simple texture swap.
    At minimum you'd not only have to preserve the shiny lines and merge them with the base layer so that they color the same as the base, you'd have to remove the small shiny Deltas outright, which are tied to the shiny lines. Then you have to add a layer for rank stripes. Don't know if the pants and boots are different as I can never find a clear shot of them. Oh yea... and maybe a skirt variant for it...

So... it really isn't just a simple texture swap in terms of computer code.
  • navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Lower Decks Uniform
    None of the above. I would prefer they fix the uniforms they have. Example but not limited to; the TNG Movie uniforms that make your neck look Cardassian no matter what species you are playing as. They did an absolutely horrible job on those and the the DS9/Voyager uniforms.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The Cage Uniform
    The uniforms from The Cage, but with at least a hint of the velvet shimmer if they can find a way of doing it. The tops have a low collar that would work better with long hair than the wide-necked standup collar version of the TOS ones you get from AoY, but are close enough to pass for the TOS ones at a glance.

Even better would be to bring out a few more of the TOS uniforms (especially the female ones) along with a quality pass for the current ones, especially including the version from In a Mirror, Darkly that mixed the soft mostly seamless look of the velour (early) type with detailing and and flat "V" collar from the double-knit (later) type which would be ideal for longer haired captains and crew.

It would also be good if they could put in the rank/department tabs on the TOS Klingon uniforms, they are missing though I suppose it may be difficult to put both the dagger insignia and the tabs on the model at the same time if the layers are not set up for that.

Of the rest, the jackets from Beyond would be good though the uniforms themselves are a bit underwhelming, a cut below the TOS ones you could say (but a big improvement over the ones from the first two Kelvin movies).

The DSC Enterprise uniform tunics are just short of revolting though the pants, skirts, and boots would look good with a soft raglan-sleeved velvet tunic similar to the TOS ones (before they started deteriorating, which unfortunately was within just a few episodes because the pile curled up in the wash causing it to stop shimmering, go to a kind of sparkle, then down to a dull felt-looking fuzz).

As it is the Discoprise tunics look so stiff and uncomfortable, almost like they are wearing flocked cardboard instead of cloth, and you can see when they move that the shoulders bind rather badly (which is why the TOS uniforms were raglan-sleeved, it doesn't bind as much). If the TOS and Discoprise uniforms could be mixed and matched like that without poke-through/clipping problems they would be good.

The other ones are not bad but not particularly interesting unless you are into the TNG spandex look, though they would be good in the interests of more choice.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Lower Decks Uniform
    What about the Terran Empire uniforms to go with the Terran Gal-X from the Broken Mirror comic?

45454545.png
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I'd rather Cryptic focus on fixing the upper torso and arms of the Cardassian male and the uniforms the Cardassian military uses before any of these options.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    slugis wrote: »

none of the above. the short sleeve outfit Kirk had in TMP, the Klingon armor from TMP, Gen Chang's outfit, the short sleeve "sexy" klingon outfits
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Lower Decks Uniform
    Maybe a complete Tal Shiar uniform, we're missing the Hakeev/Sela gloves, Hakeev/Sela boots, belts (Males), Chest gear(Females), the shoulder pad thingy Hakeev and Sela wears, the thigh belts, I kind of want to wear matching outfits next time I replay the mission where I kill Hakeev.
    2380s Picard Uniform
    navar#3536 wrote: »
    I would prefer they fix [...] the TNG Movie uniforms that make your neck look Cardassian no matter what species you are playing as.
    That uniform looks fine to me, my TNG themed character currently wears it, even in the movies and shows the undershirt was kinda bulky around the neck. Also I'm not positive but I think they already adjusted that uniform at some point, maybe around the time that Vorgon Conclusions was released?
    Maybe a complete Tal Shiar uniform, we're missing the Hakeev/Sela gloves, Hakeev/Sela boots, belts (Males), Chest gear(Females), the shoulder pad thingy Hakeev and Sela wears, the thigh belts, I kind of want to wear matching outfits next time I replay the mission where I kill Hakeev.

Personally I'd be more interested in Nemesis style Romulan uniforms.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    None of the above. We need a new uniform for the Romulan Republic; what they have is almost painfully drab.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    32 Century Uniform
    None of the above. We need a new uniform for the Romulan Republic; what they have is almost painfully drab.

Yea, why I wish they'd add Tailor Unlocks for 1-2 Romulan Republic Ground SETs. Mostly cause Romulan have very few limited choices to change or customize...
    0zxlclk.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Lower Decks Uniform
    Of those choices the LD one
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ulysses359#8595 ulysses359 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Also none of the above.

But there are uniforms I want.

- A better looking Romulan Federation Uniform, the current one is awful, imho.

- An exBorg Uniform, like Hughs from Picard.
    -michael-uwandi-hugh-startrek.jpg?1592242852
  • mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    32 Century Uniform
    Discovery 32nd century all the way :expressionless:
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Lower Decks Uniform
    I wanted all the ones listed in the poll, but I went with Lower Decks, personally the best federation uniforms are the ones that's mostly colored, I like the blue/red/yellow/olive green being the prominent part of the uniforms while shades like black/grey are barely seen.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    2380s Picard Uniform
    The Lower Decks uniforms look like recolors of the Starfleet Academy uniforms from this game to me... so eh, I'll go with the Picard one. 32nd century is a close second, though.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
    2380s Picard Uniform
    michael-uwandi-hugh-startrek.jpg?1592242852

I imagine they'll save that for a potential Cooperative faction.
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.