test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Voth Advance

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Voth are returning in force, and only you can stop them. Participate in the Voth Advance event to progress towards a free Tier 6 Lock Box or Promotional ship, or other prizes!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484513

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,936 Arc User
    The T6 LockBox/Promo Ship really should be an account unlock given the amount of time needed to invest in the game to earn this prize.
    Saying that, the 2 Z-Store coupons is a very nice alternative prize choice, which I may opt for...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • supers#7398 supers Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    On option 2, the 1500 Lobi, it says "Once per account, on the character you claim them with.". Does that mean those Lobi are character bound now? Last year the description was "This choice is only made once per Account, upon claiming the prize.", so just making sure I understand it correctly. :)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    The T6 LockBox/Promo Ship really should be an account unlock given the amount of time needed to invest in the game to earn this prize.
    Saying that, the 2 Z-Store coupons is a very nice alternative prize choice, which I may opt for...

Yea I disagree with that, I think Cryptic is very fair (in general), and this Reward is extremely Generous! All Lockbox/Promo Ships, have always been Character unlocks too from those Packs.

Still having said, I'm debating between the 1500 Lobi or the 2 Ship Coupons myself. Maybe even consider a Lockbox or Promo ship too... :o

So Thank You very much!
    ...and have you figured out and fixed the cause of Voth ships flying around like streakers at a sports game? Because, well, I'm not sure it's all that wise to highlight buggy content. Just my opinion, of course.

I didn't enjoy the change or bug to the Voth Sphere TFO, since 'some' Voth ships fly at such great speed. I've often wondered if this was a BUG myself...

I mean there are ways with Grav Well to catch them, yet often putting 100% power to engines, just often won't work... ...perhaps there is some Pilot or Traits, or Consoles that can work. I admit however it's just not my thing, I'll use a Grav Well where I can instead.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    The first 2 options are unappealing to me. Single character unlocks are essentially useless to me and my playstyle. So I guess instead of getting a single ship for a single character, or a pile of Lobi that won't ever get used (since Lobi items are single character unlocks), I guess I'll get the 2 free T6 coupons, wait for the latest ships to eventually get out of the "NEW" section and then have new toys for all my characters.

As for the Voth event itself, Breach is fun enough. Storming the Spire, not so much, but certainly better than a lot of the more recent queues. As for the Molor's Sword prize, meh, I might at least try it until my KDF Recruit gets the last of those 2500 melee kills, then it'll go into the bank and sit, likely forever.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    ...and have you figured out and fixed the cause of Voth ships flying around like streakers at a sports game? Because, well, I'm not sure it's all that wise to highlight buggy content. Just my opinion, of course.

I can confirm that as well. Some Voth ships always fly at full impulse, even after entering combat. They often get stuck behind corners and even glitch through walls and become untargetable. Not much of a problem in The Spire queue, but in The Breach such an occurence blocks all further progress. I hope this will be adressed before the event goes live.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    szim wrote: »

I can confirm that as well. Some Voth ships always fly at full impulse, even after entering combat. They often get stuck behind corners and even glitch through walls and become untargetable. Not much of a problem in The Spire queue, but in The Breach such an occurence blocks all further progress. I hope this will be adressed before the event goes live.

Yea I'd say it's a bug myself, but never seen any at Cryptic confirm they were aware of it as a problem in release notes.
    0zxlclk.png
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Sorry for being stupid, but if anyone has a better list of what ships might be available with this set of events, please post...

I found this, but wasn’t super clear to me:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Lock_Box
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Thank you, @corinthalas

That's exactly what I was looking for!
    :blush:

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • hetairai#8501 hetairai Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Sorry for being stupid, but if anyone has a better list of what ships might be available with this set of events, please post...

I found this, but wasn’t super clear to me:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Lock_Box

Infinity Lockbox Ships

Infinity Promo Ships

Second link isn't working, here's one that does: Infinity Promo Ships
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Say whu ?
    I had to do a doubletake:
    Option 1:

Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship
    This ship will be a once per account unlock, for a single ship only.
    Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack includes..
    D7 Temporal Battlecruiser (T6)
    D7 Miracleworker Flight Deck Cruiser (T6)

Infinity Prize Pack - T6 Ship Pack includes...
    Kelvin Timeline D7 Heavy destroyer (T6)

Hellooo...cross faction flying, grand prize is account unlock, a legendary ship ?

Has cryptic lost their minds ? :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited February 2021

It's going to sting whichever i choose since personally i like the Atlas, D7 Miracle Worker and Voth ship.
    it means leaving two or more behind.. :(
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Nothing about this event interests me, which is okay. I need a break from the constant event cycle.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Actually, rather happy about this event. I might be in a minority here, but I actually really enjoy 'Storming the Spire' and 'The Breach'.

I do hope they fix them though - as already noted, the Voth seem to be on Steroids or something; they constantly outpace player ships and nothing slows them down - it's particularly annoying to see them speed right out of a GWIII as if it were not even there.

I likes it, too. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    You have to complete all five events though, right? 700 progress per event means that if soneone only joins in after the first or misses one event over the course of 2021 they're out?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    You have to complete all five events though, right? 700 progress per event means that if soneone only joins in after the first or misses one event over the course of 2021 they're out?

If past events are anything to go by, you can get more than 700, though not by buy-out, instead you need to fly the mission more often.

So in theory: 21 days times 50 makes 1050 available per event, so you can still go for it around halfway through the second event. In any case, a "dead event" (e. g. due to vacation) should be possible.

lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Say whu ?
    Option 1:

Hellooo...cross faction flying, grand prize is account unlock, a legendary ship ?

I don't read it as an "account unlock" but as a "once per account unlock", so you can win this prize only once, and then it is a "single ship". Would have loved to get an account unlock though, but then again, who wouldn't?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    xyquarze wrote: »

If past events are anything to go by, you can get more than 700, though not by buy-out, instead you need to fly the mission more often.

So in theory: 21 days times 50 makes 1050 available per event, so you can still go for it around halfway through the second event. In any case, a "dead event" (e. g. due to vacation) should be possible.

Say whu ?
    Option 1:

I don't read it as an "account unlock" but as a "once per account unlock", so you can win this prize only once, and then it is a "single ship". Would have loved to get an account unlock though, but then again, who wouldn't?

The 'ad' is worded to say all 3 options are a once per account unlock, so the 2021 event prize can only be won once. Makes sense since every character on an account can contribute to the event, the two T6 zen ships are accountwide unlocks, the lobi prize can be distributed between every toon on an account so I would think the single T6 'infinity ship prize' would also be an accountwide unlock since every toon on an account can contribute to earn the prize. It would be a pretty sad prize if every toon contributed for a year to unlock a single ship for one toon, wouldn't it ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The 'ad' is worded to say all 3 options are a once per account unlock, so the 2021 event prize can only be won once. Makes sense since every character on an account can contribute to the event, the two T6 zen ships are accountwide unlocks, the lobi prize can be distributed between every toon on an account so I would think the single T6 'infinity ship prize' would also be an accountwide unlock since every toon on an account can contribute to earn the prize. It would be a pretty sad prize if every toon contributed for a year to unlock a single ship for one toon, wouldn't it ?

Unlikely. It says "for a single ship only" - they don't specify this for the T6 coupons as both of those are also just for one ship unlock, but tha tis available on the account. The promo/lockbox ship will be one standard ship selection box as if you got it from a box, for one character. That's how I understand it.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    It'd be nice if those Free T6 Ship tokens would work on T5 ships too or could be traded in for T5 ones. (A 2:1 ratio would be nice, like the Phoenix tokens do) ;) While I assume most wouldn't bother to do so, there are a couple T5 ships I'd still like to get but ain't gonna spend Zen on.

OR just add a 4th option to this event to get, say, 3 or 4 T5 tokens.

Just some ideas for the future.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Wow, was just perusing through the long-list of R&D Promo Pack ships & Infinity T6 ships & have to admit I'd forgotten about probably 1/3rd of them since they've always been SO out of reach.

As I've stated before, this is going to be a good headache for us deciding down the proverbial road.

Of course going for Option 2 or Option 3 makes decisions much easier.

I'm still dreading the months of grinding, but the pay-off for doing so looks very appealing.
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    Any news from the bug team as to whether or not they are trying to fix the Voth impulse speed? I ask because the Voth are the focus of this first event, and it would suck to have to sit through an entire event of bugged Voth zipping around at full impulse.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    Any news from the bug team as to whether or not they are trying to fix the Voth impulse speed? I ask because the Voth are the focus of this first event, and it would suck to have to sit through an entire event of bugged Voth zipping around at full impulse.

I have no problems catching them although if you think you can just sit in one location and just spam the spacebar yeah its not going to work for you. However with my temer setup I've gotten down now storming the spire is extremely easy. I've been able to keep Voth transports from delivering reinforcements all by myself.

Unlikely. It says "for a single ship only" - they don't specify this for the T6 coupons as both of those are also just for one ship unlock, but tha tis available on the account. The promo/lockbox ship will be one standard ship selection box as if you got it from a box, for one character. That's how I understand it.​​

*shrug
    The entire event lasts a year so any grand prize claim will be a "once per account" claim. I also not the line underneath the 'options' text :
    This choice is only made once per Account, upon claiming the prize.
    where they state you have to choose on claiming event reward, and I look in my bank at last years reward and remember I havent chosen to take the lobi or the T6 token yet, tho the event prize token sits there looking at me wondering what and when I'm going to spend it on.
    ;)

KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

garaffe wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946

I have no problems catching them although if you think you can just sit in one location and just spam the spacebar yeah its not going to work for you. However with my temer setup I've gotten down now storming the spire is extremely easy. I've been able to keep Voth transports from delivering reinforcements all by myself.

Not my point. I have no problem AFKing my way through a buggy event. My point is that it is a bad idea for Cryptic to be spot lighting TFOs where the enemies are bugged. New players could very easily be turned off by having to slog through a bugged event.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    It'd be nice if those Free T6 Ship tokens would work on T5 ships too or could be traded in for T5 ones. (A 2:1 ratio would be nice, like the Phoenix tokens do) ;) While I assume most wouldn't bother to do so, there are a couple T5 ships I'd still like to get but ain't gonna spend Zen on.

OR just add a 4th option to this event to get, say, 3 or 4 T5 tokens.

Just some ideas for the future.

I actually could live with a downgrade ratio of 1:1 and still like the idea. I do think I have every T6 ship I would be interested in unlocked, but there may be lower tier ships which would just be fun.

I also could easily see me enjoying a lock box ship unlock (account, single ship doesn't really do it for me) for lower tier lockbox/promo/whatever ships.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • villainvilevillainvile Member Posts: 64 Arc User

accountwide and reclaimable please