test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So whatever happened to the "ANY" lockbox ship reward?

bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
This happened when anniversary started:

Now the so called 2021 Event reward option 1 is reduced to only "INIFINITY" boxes not the other ones? What gives? I was taking this literally to what they said earlier. They might have regretted that communication to players and changed their minds.
Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
Original STO beta tester.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    What does that actually remove from the availability list?

Presumably the Dhailkhina and the Ba'ul Sentry Vessel are out, but doesn't "Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship" still cover everything else?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Now the so called 2021 Event reward option 1 is reduced to only "INIFINITY" boxes not the other ones? What gives? I was taking this literally to what they said earlier. They might have regretted that communication to players and changed their minds.

Every CURRENTLY available Promo and Lockbox ship will be an option, the only ships that you might not be able to choose are the ones that get released between now and the end of the campaign.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User

From the blog:
    Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship

This ship will be a per character unlock.
    Sounds like all boxes to me with the exception of the Zhat Vash and Angel's Wake ones, because they're too recent.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    2 points:

1: for the tweet to be true, it would mean any ships currently in game at the time that tweet was made.

2: even if #1 above is not 100% true, no one has invested in any time yet. So no one really has any right to complain about them changing anything before the event even starts (IMO).

If they make further changes after people have already started the event, that will be another story.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    I must be missing something, because I don't see where it Infinity Lockbox is specified. I don't want the Dai, which leaves the Ba'ul -- and even that might be in the Infinity Lockbox by the time this meta campaign concludes.

But I'm kinda meh on a ship I can only use on a single character. I play 3-4 pretty regularly.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484513-the-voth-advance
    More Prizes!

The Grand Prize for the 2021 Event Campaign will offer players a choice as to what they receive, between the three following options:

Option 1:

Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship
    This ship will be a per character unlock.

Option 2:

1,500 Lobi Crystals
    Once per account, on the character you claim them with.

Option 3:

Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store
    Once per account, tradeable between your characters.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I will be just happy with an Annorax or a Sheshar. But heck free is FREE! Thanks Cryptic

Post edited by bubblegirl2015 on
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »

Presumably the Dhailkhina and the Ba'ul Sentry Vessel are out, but doesn't "Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship" still cover everything else?

It removes the TRIBBLE D7 MW which is the only TRIBBLE ship I want grrrrr
    IMHO this was buyer's remorse from cryptic

It's literally what they announced last month, I don't understand what you're trying to suggest.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    > @fallenkezef#4581 said:
    > It removes the TRIBBLE D7 MW which is the only TRIBBLE ship I want grrrrr

Does it?

Surely "Infinity Promo Ship" covers this list, on which the MW D7 appears:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Special_Requisition_Choice_Pack_-_Tier_6_Promotional_Ship_Choice_Pack
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User

Infinity Promo Ships

Second row, middle ship. Right from the horse's mouth.

I'm not ashamed to admit when I'm wrong.

I am suitably molified. Didn't see that list on the wiki
  • ironman7#2509 ironman7 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    "Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship
    This ship will be a per character unlock."

Does this mean that you can't trade or sell it? Just double checking. Thanks.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Y'know, Infinity Box gets new ships over time.

If this is like the first T6 token then you just have to wait for "new" ships to stop being new. That token never expires.

In fact, the reward will probably be a standard T6 token from the infinity lockbox, and promo box which again never expires.

Outrage not found.

• kriskringle3kriskringle3 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    "Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship
    This ship will be a per character unlock."

Does this mean that you can't trade or sell it? Just double checking. Thanks.

I see a bind to character in your future
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Yeah, I mean it will be nearly a year from now before we even get the token. So much to choose from. Crazy times.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited February 2021
    Yeah, I mean it will be nearly a year from now before we even get the token. So much to choose from. Crazy times.

Although the mega-event spreads over 5 parts, if you were to hit each of the first three on each of the 21 days you'd have 3150 progress by the end of Event#3 (at a rate of 50 progress per day, totalling 1050 per event).

We need to hit 3500 to get the prize, so even allowing for missed days here and there due to life stuff, we should be able to hit it by mid way through Event#4 assuming my maths is right (never a guarantee!).

It's still a long run, but doesn't feel quite so long when put that way IMO, and you could afford to miss a whole event and still get the prize.
    Post edited by steaen on
    Does this mean that you can't trade or sell it?

This is a good question, if the infinity ship can't be sold then if you aren't interested in ANY ship the Lobi might be the best option since that stuff CAN be sold.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • haxxsaw#9362 haxxsaw Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Reducing this to a SINGLE character on an account....I will be skipping this. They are requiring you to log on more....to get less. No thank you.
    Reducing this to a SINGLE character on an account....I will be skipping this. They are requiring you to log on more....to get less. No thank you.

Outside of Mudd's Market Promo and Lockbox ships have ALWAYS been single character ships, so idk why anyone would have expected different.
    eaY7Xxu.png

Suit yourself, but that's how lobi, lock box and promo pack ships have been for the last decade. You're also ignoring this option: "Two 100% off Coupons for Tier 6 Ships in the Zen Store"
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User

Although the mega-event spreads over 5 parts, if you were to hit each of the first three on each of the 21 days you'd have 3150 progress by the end of Event#2 (at a rate of 50 progress per day, totalling 1050 per event).

We need to hit 3500 to get the prize, so even allowing for missed days here and there due to life stuff, we should be able to hit it by mid way through Event#4 assuming my maths is right (never a guarantee!).

It's still a long run, but doesn't feel quite so long when put that way IMO, and you could afford to miss a whole event and still get the prize.

I say your math is good. you'll get the token early to mid event 4. I was just saying there's a good chance more ships will already be added by then.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ironman7#2509 ironman7 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Outside of Mudd's Market Promo and Lockbox ships have ALWAYS been single character ships, so idk why anyone would have expected different.

Because it will be my first time to play this campaign, and I was told by some people that i should grab promo ship (or infinity promo in this case) as it outweights the value of 1,500 lobis. So that's why I ask in this forum to verify info or to clarify something for me. so I can understand this campaign properly. Is it wrong of me to ask for clarification from vet/experienced players here?

Thanks,

Because it will be my first time to play this campaign, and I was told by some people that i should grab promo ship (or infinity promo in this case) as it outweights the value of 1,500 lobis. So that's why I ask in this forum to verify info or to clarify something for me. so I can understand this campaign properly. Is it wrong of me to ask for clarification?

Thanks,

If you read that post carefully, evilmark444 quoted and replied to haxxsaw#9362 not you.

A response to you would normally quote your post like I did, not someone else's.

Your question is fine but we don't know. If the reward is a standard T6 token like in the Infinity lock box and promo box then the token can't be sold but the ship that you choose when you open it can be.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The Lobi has another value.. Lobi Crystals can be shared among your account. The Lobi option lets you get something for all your characters as opposed to just an expensive ship for one character. Considering that outside of opening lock boxes there is no other way to get Lobi and that many lobi items cannot be sold on the exchange, the 1500 Lobi option is quite an attractive one.

For me, it will be between the Lobi or a Promo ship. Lock Box ship seems a waste, those aren’t that hard to save up and buy, and 2 C-Store tokens just seems like a filler option. I am ultimately leaning toward the Lobi, but we will see where things sit almost a year from now when I finally am able to claim this reward.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

DSC.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    The Lobi has another value.. Lobi Crystals can be shared among your account. The Lobi option lets you get something for all your characters as opposed to just an expensive ship for one character. Considering that outside of opening lock boxes there is no other way to get Lobi and that many lobi items cannot be sold on the exchange, the 1500 Lobi option is quite an attractive one.

For me, it will be between the Lobi or a Promo ship. Lock Box ship seems a waste, those aren’t that hard to save up and buy, and 2 C-Store tokens just seems like a filler option. I am ultimately leaning toward the Lobi, but we will see where things sit almost a year from now when I finally am able to claim this reward.

Agreed on Lobi. 1.5k is an attractive reward.
    As for Lockbox ships, it could be good for casual players that plays a bit every day, doing events and endeavors, but simply don't have the time or the inclination to grind E.C.
    T6 coupons could work well for new players, too.

All in all, I think these rewards cover pretty much every need and I'm really glad to see it.
    The campaign is gonna be long, that's true, but the rewards are worth it, regardless of what you'll end up choosing in the end :D
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
This discussion has been closed.