test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I was expecting a Vulcan cruiser instead of a TV franchise variant scout vessel!

hylarionstar80hylarionstar80 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Why not a T6 D'kyr but a Scout Vessel?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'd love me a red Suurok class.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Why not both. Why not all of them?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I'm confused. What are you talking about?
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I'm confused. What are you talking about?

This.

What are we even talking about? Surely not the T'Pau? That thing has been in the game for years now.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Why not a T6 D'kyr but a Scout Vessel?
    D'kyr is in the game. Tal'Kyr Support Craft is in the game.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Is this another announcement being made via antisocial media rather than the "official" website?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Dunno the T'Pau is ancient news since it was what 2018-2019 when it came out IIRC, as for why no T6 Vulcan cruiser I suspect the "vulcan ship" crowd is even smaller then the KDF crowd so it's probably not a major priority. Also the T'Pau was first or second "scout" ship ever made (I think it was second with the Lukari one being the first) so it was a semi test bed for that.

EDIT:Though if he's referring to the Jellyfish, well it was "spock's ship" in the 2009 film that's why STO made version of that (while the STO version is bigger is still essentially the same design).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Um... what?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I would be nice to have a couple more Vulcan ships in game besides the long standing D'Kyr & the newer T'Pau. I'm not including the "Jellyfish" ship since it's not per say Vulcan.

My preferences would be: the Vahklas class, &/or the T'Plana-Hath class, having the most shine given it's landing in the movie, for their more distinctive shapes.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I join the crowd of: "uh... what?"
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    I'm not including the "Jellyfish" ship since it's not per say Vulcan.

It's referred to as 'our fastest ship' with 'our' being the Vulcan Science Academy so it is a Vulcan ship. It even has the signature Vulcan warp ring.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and context-free threads that make no sense. Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and context-free threads that make no sense.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I'd love me a red Suurok class.

Suurok Class
    Is from Star Trek Enterprise, for those who hadn't realized. It's never been seen though in STO, thought we have the...

D'kyr Class as T5 also seen in Star Trek Enterprise.

STO really took the lead on working with Spock when he was around, into developing the new Romulan Home World. Since he was first seen in TNG with D'Tan trying to establish a more peaceful dialog. That's how STO took a phased approach in finding a new Romulan Home, and as Discovery much later stated Spock took the first steps of many, though it took centuries after his death to be fully realized. I suspect Picard Season 2 will likely return with a more Romulan focus, hopefully it considers some of the things done in STO as well. ViacomCBS is likely aware of the story there as well...

I'd at some point like to see a Vulcan-Romulan Alliance Vessel perhaps of SCI/TAC focused given those two preferences by their Species. Perhaps both earlier Vulcan ships could each be merged with another more traditional Romulan design; one might allow Romulan's to better understand Warp Core Drives; perhaps another to allow Vulcan's to better understand the Science of a singularity? Don't know if it be an Event Ship, but it would be nice to see a mission where we take D'Tan to Vulcan.

I know Discovery said it took Spock, with the support of others, centuries after his death before they united on Vulcan. Still hopeful at some point maybe we'll see a Vulcan-Romulan Alliance inspired idea.

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
    artan42 wrote: »

It's referred to as 'our fastest ship' with 'our' being the Vulcan Science Academy so it is a Vulcan ship. It even has the signature Vulcan warp ring.

According to sto.gamepedia.com

"The Vulcan Experimental Scout Vessel (informally, the Jellyfish) began as a highly maneuverable vessel, built for the Daystrom Institute by Geordi La Forge at the Vulcan Science Academy. It was designed to withstand environmental conditions that would destroy most other ships; intended to serve as a test bed for various experiments and scientific exploration."

It wasn't built for the Vulcan Science Academy. It wasn't built by a Vulcan. It was only built at the Vulcan Science Academy. I'm not claiming that sto.gamepedia.com is the end-all be-all site though for STO information, but for me from that 1 out of 3 means it isn't Vulcan at least not only.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Dunno the T'Pau is ancient news since it was what 2018-2019 when it came out IIRC, as for why no T6 Vulcan cruiser I suspect the "vulcan ship" crowd is even smaller then the KDF crowd so it's probably not a major priority. Also the T'Pau was first or second "scout" ship ever made (I think it was second with the Lukari one being the first) so it was a semi test bed for that.

EDIT:Though if he's referring to the Jellyfish, well it was "spock's ship" in the 2009 film that's why STO made version of that (while the STO version is bigger is still essentially the same design).

I love my fidget spinner. :) Best ship I own.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

"The Vulcan Experimental Scout Vessel (informally, the Jellyfish) began as a highly maneuverable vessel, built for the Daystrom Institute by Geordi La Forge at the Vulcan Science Academy. It was designed to withstand environmental conditions that would destroy most other ships; intended to serve as a test bed for various experiments and scientific exploration."

It wasn't built for the Vulcan Science Academy. It wasn't built by a Vulcan. It was only built at the Vulcan Science Academy. I'm not claiming that sto.gamepedia.com is the end-all be-all site though for STO information, but for me from that 1 out of 3 means it isn't Vulcan at least not only.

That's because STO based it on the old 'Countdown' comic.

The actual ship in the film is a Vulcan one. It's specifically referred to as 'our fastest ship' as I said, it's cockpit is built resemble a Vulcan IDIC, it has the traditional warp ring that they use in ENT, DSC, and TNG.

#TASforSTO

The actual ship in the film is a Vulcan one. It's specifically referred to as 'our fastest ship' as I said, it's cockpit is built resemble a Vulcan IDIC, it has the traditional warp ring that they use in ENT, DSC, and TNG.

I'll admit I not know much about the comics/novels so I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the Countdown title that can help narrow down the search. It's probably been over a year since I re-watched the movie too.

I'll admit I not know much about the comics/novels so I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the Countdown title that can help narrow down the search. It's probably been over a year since I re-watched the movie too.

'Countdown' and 'Nero' really add a lot to 09.

It was a good film that suffers from Abrams inability to let plots slow down at points and he cut huge sections from the film relating to Nero, his backstory and motivations and how he was captured by Klingons after the Kelvin cripples his ship.

#TASforSTO

This discussion has been closed.