test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voth Advance rewards

dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
Details up for the first of the years events to earn those freebie Tier 6 ships, Lockbox ships or Lobi and I am a little confused if they mean what they infer. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484513?fbclid=IwAR0PPmF5JBIMsdaWSH1FU2Qr18X942OLe5509mGtlGJtnC-PRlIT6DMICXs
Option 1:

Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship
This ship will be a per character unlock.

As it says per character does this mean all of our characters can each claim a different lockbox ship?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Do you guys realize some of us need a rest between events, back to back to back is quite destructive to some of us and we require a break that we are not going to get! Thanks for nothing!!!!!!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    No, it means you get to chose one ship, and that ship is only for the character you chose it for.

Yup, which means I'll be taking the 2 free T6 coupons when the time comes.

As an altaholic, single character unlocks hold zero interest for me. So the free Promo/lockbox ship is not even a consideration. And the Lobi, meh. Sitting on a few thousand now thanks to all the giveaways of keys/R&D packs over the years. I probably should just buy what I can and then sell it on the Exchange. Get some EC out of it at least. But, I keep holding onto the Lobi in the hope they'll come up with a way to let these types of things become account unlocks. An upgrade token perhaps? Yeah, not likely to ever happen.

Definitely not interested in the "Hot Knife of Doom" prize for the single event, just like I skipped out on the "Flaming Pig" when it was an event prize last year. But getting the T6 coupons is my end goal so I suppose I'll wind up with it anyway.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    While I can understand Event Fatigue, and have been feeling a bit of it myself, they have been doing better in allowing for more options in what contributes to event progress, and in some cases have even altered a participating queue to be less tedious. The event version of the Voth Trench Run is actually shorter than the standard.

On the other hand we have the issue of when we didn't have events all the time of extended periods of nothing going on, and thus... calls for more content because of "nothing to do".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The question from the OP reminded me of the bad ol' days where we had to run & complete an event for each character on our account if we wanted that character to have access lol what a headache time-sink for the sake of time-sinking back then. Much appreciation to Cryptic for that change & quality of life improvement from the dark ages.

For this marathon event: Not a fan of having 5 long grinds, but given the purposed payoff I suppose it's understandable. I wonder if Cryptic will remember to include any of their bonus event mark weekends during the marathon? I almost feel "Option 3" should be (3) ship coupons given for parity to the other 2 options. I'm guessing Option 1 will be by far the fans favorite. Not sure Option 2's 1500 lobi value, seems very subjective & lacking without a -50% lobi sale lol.

Time to scour the Infinity T6 ship & the R&D Promo Pack ship lists to gets those dreams hyped. No exceptions, so far, by Cryptic on the ships so if that remains kudos to them.

Anyone else hearing Scorpion's, "Get over here," when watching that Molor's Sword?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Time to scour the Infinity T6 ship & the R&D Promo Pack ship lists to gets those dreams hyped. No exceptions, so far, by Cryptic on the ships so if that remains kudos to them.

I already know what I want. The Mirror Warship. If that wasn't available I'd probably gun for the Inquiry or the Romulan Balance Bird.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Anyone else hearing Scorpion's, "Get over here," when watching that Molor's Sword?

I was thinking the exact same thing, with all the fire and the chain pull this sword basically lets you roleplay as Scorpion.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

I already know what I want. The Mirror Warship. If that wasn't available I'd probably gun for the Inquiry or the Romulan Balance Bird.

My partner is aiming for the Mirror Warship too, while I have my eye on the S31 Command Heavy Battlecruiser.

steaen wrote: »

My partner is aiming for the Mirror Warship too, while I have my eye on the S31 Command Heavy Battlecruiser.

Of course down the long proverbial road this will be a good difficult decision to be had & made.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Actually, rather happy about this event. I might be in a minority here, but I actually really enjoy 'Storming the Spire' and 'The Breach'.

I do hope they fix them though - the Voth seem to be on Steroids or something; they zoom around as if they're constantly using EptEIII and nothing slows them down - it's particularly annoying to see them speed right out of a GWIII as if it were not even there.

I doubt it, they've been broken for months.

The Breach is fun indeed. Too bad we won't get a Voth-related reward. It's one of the reasons why I enjoyed the previous Voth events.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    All that and no account unlock... I think I'll pass.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I asked this when the released the sword on console last year. Does it come with Scorpion screaming "GET OVER HERE!"?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    All that and no account unlock... I think I'll pass.

Well, I don't think it will be as a popular option as 1 & 2 but that Option 3 does reward (2) T6 Ship Coupons so therefore that would unlock 2 T6 ships for the whole account.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Fire demons on the other hand aren't that interesting imo. I might skip this. And I'll probably skip the entire mega-event (or whatever term they invented for this thing).

Also because I'm tired of all these events and Cryptic's ridiculous obsession with dictating when and how often we need to log on.

At least let us complete events when WE want, if you're going to bombard us with them. Some players might not want to log on for a week and then make up for it by playing a couple of times on a rainy afternoon when they've got nothing better to do. Why not give players that bit of freedom?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    You only need 70 days out of 105 over the 5 events.

You can skip one event entirely and still have 14 spare days.

You can skip one week in each event. That spaces out the events more since you could do the first two weeks of one event then the last two weeks of another.

I understand event fatigue, but unless you volunteer for grinding extra dil by playing extra days the gap between events is reasonable.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Universe class for me. It'll nicely finish off my temporal ships, and its size makes it different to all my other ships.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

You can skip one week in each event. That spaces out the events more since you could do the first two weeks of one event then the last two weeks of another.

I understand event fatigue, but unless you volunteer for grinding extra dil by playing extra days the gap between events is reasonable.

This is what I do. Just enough to get the shiny and event progression and then I sit back and wait for the next one. And I do this over five different accounts. I think Breach will be short enough to not take too much time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User

70 out of 105 days, optimistically 3 hours PER DAY to do 6-7 alts sure, if you are single/no job/no kids
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

70 out of 105 days, optimistically 3 hours PER DAY to do 6-7 alts sure, if you are single/no job/no kids

Hence the reason they added the "buyout" option. They know they can actually profit from having so many events that many people find it hard to keep up and are faced with the choice of losing out or paying to get the prize. "Event fatigue" is by design.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Hence the reason they added the "buyout" option. They know they can actually profit from having so many events that many people find it hard to keep up and are faced with the choice of losing out or paying to get the prize. "Event fatigue" is by design.

Valid point, Cryptic does enjoy their fear-of-missing-out (FOMO).
    edited February 2021
    There is no event fatigue

That is your opinion, and that's fine. Many disagree.

doing the events isn't required to stay current in the game

But it is required to get the rewards. So if someone wants to get those rewards, but is having a hard time keeping up for whatever RL reasons, they will need to spend money to catch up. It makes great business sense.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited February 2021
    That is your opinion, and that's fine. Many disagree.
    No, that is fact.

Nope, it's your opinion. And just to be clear, it's a completely valid opinion. But it's not any more valid than the opinion of those who disagree.

Also, FYI, @baddmoonrizin recently said that you are not allowed to claim that your opinion is fact. So you are going to have to stop that.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Also, FYI, @baddmoonrizin recently said that you are not allowed to claim that your opinion is fact. So you are going to have to stop that.
    >recently
    >hasn't been on in literally a year.
    I'll add liar to the list also.

Sorry, I meant @darkbladejk

Hey Dark? Please see previous posts with personal insults and 'my opinion = fact' wording.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited February 2021
    Also, just because you disagree with something doesn't make it someone's opinion.

Yep, that's true. Disagreeing with 2+2 = 4 isn't an opinion, it's just wrong. But disagreeing on what the all encompassing motivation is behind a system design is completely opinion.

If some people think the events are designed to cause fatigue and make people spend to keep up, that's an opinion. It may be right or wrong, but it's just an opinion.

If you say that's completely wrong and the events are only designed to give people something to do, that's also an opinion. It may be right or wrong, but it's just an opinion.

But according to @darkbladejk neither side of that convo can claim their opinion is a "fact" like you did in your previous post I quoted.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    For the record, I think the goal of the constant events is a combination of all of the following:

A: to keep up daily login metrics.

B: to give people something to do.

C: an additional way to monetize the game for people who either don't want to spend the time, or are having trouble keeping up.

Of course, that view is also just an opinion.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.