test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"No Sound" Bug, since 11th Ann Update.

mighound2mighound2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
HAAALP!! With no changes in hardware or drivers, Star Trek Online no longer has any sound, whatsoever. No sounds in menu, gameplay, music, voice or FX. It seems to have stopped working with the 11th Anniversary Update.

Attempted a reboot and verifying file system on Steam. System consists of a Ryzen 7-2700X CPU, GeForce RTX-2060 and 16GB RAM. Motherboard is an Asus R.O.G. Strix B450-F. Game runs off of an NVMe M.2 Drive. The Sound board is built into the Motherboard, Device Manager reports audio drivers are the standard NVidia Hi-Def Audio. I have the Asus ROG Sonic Studio 3, as well. So, I checked and disabled all audio enhancements to see if that might do the trick. In game, I have reset the audio to default settings and there hasn't been any change. I've even tried running it in safe mode. Also did a Fresh install of STO, even in a new location, just to ram it home. Still no sound. All my other applications and games still work. The onboard sound is functioning. So, I started checking other sound related options. STO has its own Volume control in Audio Settings, that is enabled. Umm, I'm running out of ideas, here.

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    output device ,drop down menu in audio optns. sometimes it shows emty when i plug in BL headsets but restarting the client helps. i use stand alone client ,without epic,arc or steam .
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    ...it had decided that my monitor (which does not have integrated speakers) was an audio output device.
    Seems most likely to happen if your monitor is connected via HDMI...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • rigellianmutt#4883 rigellianmutt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am having the EXACT sound issue right now. I've done all the aforementioned things like forced verify, uninstall/reinstall, rebooting PC, restarting client, ETC to no avail. But, what one of you mentioned about an HDMI connection piqued my curiosity. I currently run two Samsung curved monitors on my rig; the main one connected via DisplayPort and the smaller secondary connected via HDMI. When I ran Windows update, the game went buggo and stopped playing sound. I noted that even after designatiing my monitors correctly, STO still tried to boot on the SECONDARY monitor that has HDMI. So, I'm wondering if my problem is due to the game client still trying to playback audio from my HDMI monitor?
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    Check your Windows Sound output and also look in the game Audio options to check for where its' outputting its' sound.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/