test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This Epic Starter Pack Bundle.

cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
So, I was browsing on STO's Reddit, and found a link to https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/star-trek-online/epic-starter-pack-bundle

Given that this is the cheapest way into an Epic Phoenix Prize Token, how does it work exactly? Can you use it if you downloaded the game through Steam, or the original launcher (some of us still have copies of the Pre-Arc launcher) or via Arc?

Does it give you a code to redeem, or do you have to have STO on the Epic store?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    The bundle you mention is only available through Epic. However there are numerous bundles available through the Zen Store. They are quite high in price however as I post this they are currently on sale.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    I know it's only available through Epic. What I want to know is what happens after it's bought; if it gives you a code to redeem via the website for example, then it's usable.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    I know it's only available through Epic. What I want to know is what happens after it's bought; if it gives you a code to redeem via the website for example, then it's usable.

It says at the bottom ...... The Epic Starter Pack can be claimed in the Starter Packs tab of the in game Zen Store after purchase.

So it should say Available next to it
    That's how it works if you have the Epic store installed, yes. But I don't want to have to redownload the entire game and then may well find that I have to make a new account or something...
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    That's how it works if you have the Epic store installed, yes. But I don't want to have to redownload the entire game and then may well find that I have to make a new account or something...

Probably just have to link your accounts somehow before buying from the Epic store. I'm not positive on that though, I avoid the EGS like the plague (currently hoping Tony Hawk 1+2 will come to Steam eventually).
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    eazzie wrote: »

It does, thank you. And I don't fancy the hassle involved, already had one set of account linking things go wrong...
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    you need to launch sto thru epic... it asks for your sto id and will link the account to epic. no code to redeem.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Yeah, it's pretty easy, actually.
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    It would seem it's not possible to link accounts anymore. no prompt to link the accounts, only creating a new one.

i tried creating a new epic account with my old email adress also used for sto. but it did not work.

(Necro is for other searchers to stop wasting time like i did.)
    I'd hardly call it a necro.

But yeah; they decided to stop having the link option only a week and a bit after making the thread, you can only set up a new account now...
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    I don't remember having to do much as far as buying the epic bundle other then "installing" the game launcher through the EGS, launching the game through EGS, and signing in normally through the launcher. After that I went back to launching through Steam. I think the game and EGS linked my STO account to my EGS account after I launched the game through EGS and logged in.

Originally I expected I might have to install a second copy of the game to buy the pack, but I didn't. It used my existing Steam install. There's also an option currently to link Steam accounts to EGS, though I don't know what all that's used for aside from Friends lists and such.
This discussion has been closed.