test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endeavor Melee and Cloak buy out?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I am having fun playing with my Klingon recruit, but I find the requirement for 2500 kills for melee damage and cloaked kills way too high. I'd like to complete the recruit bonuses, but 2500 will take over a year! Could we have a buy out option? I'd be happy if there were some kind of way to reduce this amount.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    2500 ambush kills are ok, just FAW them all, but you are right, melee kills are awful, especially when most mobs are running away and others mobs are flanking you to death... so, buyout should be an option.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    varethael wrote: »
    2500 ambush kills are ok, just FAW them all, but you are right, melee kills are awful, especially when most mobs are running away and others mobs are flanking you to death... so, buyout should be an option.

I felt it the other way around: melee was easy, but ambush did grind my gears.
    In the end i ended up cloaking and upon leaving cloak i released every AoE console i had (ion storm and neutronic eddy were efficient).

With the 2500 ambush behind me I'm back to regular tanking and stealth bombing. I still cannot believe that stealth bombing with the enhanced battle cloak did not work for the ambush count.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Just going through storyline missions I managed both tasks by the end of the Dominion story line. Melee came first and I just finished the ambushes today. The longest one to complete for me will likely be endeavors. I try to do the 8k xp one every day but sometimes it's not just something I want to do even after using all my re-rolls so using back of the napkin math I'm looking at about four months.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Ambush kills is pretty easy with a beam build on a ship with a battle cloak. Just fly in, buff, decloak and hit all the things. I don't think you have to kill them while you have the ambush buff on, you just need to hit them while the ambush buff is on, and I think you got about a minute to kill them after hitting them. And Klingon Recruits can get a BOff that actually increases the duration of the Ambush buff.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    My recruit is currently playing the Melee and Ambush everything game while completing the story requirements. She got Ambush a few days ago during Delta Quadrant "What You Leave Behind" and today during Iconian War "Butterfly."

I definitely encourage using debuff and rooting kit mods during melee. My Eng has been a big fan of Fuse Armor, my wife on Sci is using Electro Gravitic Field.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    Sigh, really? A buyout option for an entirely optional objective that can be completed whenever you want?

You don't need to complete it tomorrow or something. Yes, it's a lot of kills. That's the idea, having some long-term objectives with a fancy progress bar to keep players busy.

At least you can work on it while playing the game, at your own pace and while doing tons of things. It's not like they're asking you to play ISA or Defense of Starbase one 2500 times or fill a project and then wait 20 hours until you can do it again.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Or you can just ignore the objective if you think it's not worth the effort. Simple as that.

The moment people start asking for a buy out option that will allow them not to play the game, they need to seriously ask themselves why they're still playing. Or at least why they care about this objective.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User

Or you can just ignore the objective if you think it's not worth the effort. Simple as that.

The moment people start asking for a buy out option that will allow them not to play the game, they need to seriously ask themselves why they're still playing. Or at least why they care about this objective.

It's not that hard to figure out. I like the other objectives and have no problem grinding for them. I don't like these objectives but like the reward. I'd be willing to pay zen to complete them and focus on other things that are more fun.

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    The mission Partisans works great for the melee objective. This thread has some good suggestions for the ambush objective.

Clicking on the recruitment device shows current progress. The numbers get smaller surprisingly fast for these two even just playing the game casually.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I myself have just managed to get 1000 Ambush, though just finally got 300 melee towards the 500. :)

But I greatly despise MELEE as a playstyle; yet that's my own preference despite being a Klingon or having a few of them.
    0zxlclk.png
  • telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User

I'm gonna have to try that, I didn't know that aoe tagging from cloak ambush worked.

For ground kills, get the dual nanopulse mek'leths and go to nimbus. You can farm the respawning scorpion things all day long and they're easy kills.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    You can finish the 2500 melee kills simply by doing missions using melee weapons. I easily completed it before hitting J'Ula's Discovery and Klingon Civil War. Absolutely no grinding necessary.

The Ambush requires a bit more effort. If you're not using a ship with an Enhanced Battle Cloak, it's a lot harder. But, I got through a huge chunk doing the missions. I admit, I did finally get irritated and just ran the opening of Home a bunch of times to finish it off - but I'm terrible at the cloaking/ambush mechanic. I probably would have finished quicker using FAW rather than CSV. Also, the new doff that they reward extends the window, as do some other mechanics.

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I would not want to pay for it.

Ambush: install the infiltrator boff as well as two blue male rom tacs from embassy. Replay the opening of home. You have it in no time.

Melee: get the nanopulse mekleths and replay the second stage of home. Remove offensive capabilities of boffs. Easy and fast kills if u try to keep the hur’q captains alive for ongoing spawns.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Just playing TFO's works. Over the course of the weekend went from the 1800 range to almost 2200. Lot's of critters :smile: Each one gets marked for 1 minute every time you decloak. That's an interesting label on a recruit's weapons when mousing over them. Cannon scatter volley hits 3 targets. However it works things seems to add up quite nicely.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Ambush kills are ezmode. And become easier once you get to maybe 100 and unlock the boff with the trait that boosts ambush. Ground melee kills can be a bit tougher especially on a non-tac. For my character, I rolled a tac with the free batleth, lunge and sweeping strikes. I got 1000 melee kills on defera in about 2 hours. Another 1000 kills on nimbus (scorpions) in another 2 hours or so. Got the rest from focusing on melee in story missions and it didn't take long.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    As Leonard Nimoy once reminded us, a man who moves a mountain begins by first carrying away small stones.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I got both of those at about 1.1k and I've had several days where I've not played STO at all or did not play my recruit.

OO5gCFd.jpg
    and
    oF5yU2n.jpg

So if someone as lazy as me can get this to over 1000 kills on both it shouldn't really take a year and obviously I couldn't start before the event started.

Oh and do noted that You don't have to use the recruit BoP or the recruit Bat'leth, any ship or melee weapon will do as long they're your kills (though it has to be a melee weapon a slug thrower won't do).
  • zaccar#5080 zaccar Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    im finding myself getting melee kills on the running away mobs nicely with these: Fangs
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I just used photon grenades and Sompek Lightning kit module, as both of those have a "knock down" effect, they can't run if they're sitting on their TRIBBLE.

EDIT: though said tribble might protest ;)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    PSA: You do not need to complete anything beyond acquiring the Encrypted Klingon Receiver before the event ends.

You can spend years completing the recruit's objectives. They do not expire.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Thanks
    how to set up auto attack for an afk venture? lol

I'd like to know that as well.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

On the mission 'Partisains' you come to the part where Madran is in that Energy Cage in the middle of the room. Your captain has to go to 4 different stations and deactivate power while fighting swarms of enemies.

Those enemies spawn endlessly until you shut down the power at that station. To afk it, you put your Bridge Officers on Passive so that all they use is heals, and you equip a fast melee weapon like the Mek'Leth's. Walk over to the spawn point and enemies will begin to spawn. Target one, and right click on your primary attack to turn on auto attack. Your captain will start swinging wildly and all the spawns and as he/she kills them, they just respawn.

Basically right click, then walk away. If you want to maximize efficiency, bring 2 Engineers and 2 Science Officers and just equip them with things like Healing and Shield Generators, Medial Tricorder, Vascular Regenerators, and Nanite Health Monitors. You can stand there swinging all day.

Or you can actually have some fun with it and.. I don't know.. Play the game. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Ground melee kills can be a bit tougher especially on a non-tac. For my character, I rolled a tac with the free batleth, lunge and sweeping strikes. I got 1000 melee kills on defera in about 2 hours.

Seems like it would be easy on any character - I use the Nanopulse Mek'leths, and I just spam "1" continually. No need for any kit powers. /shrug
    It's just tedious and boring.

edit: but yeah, don't have a buyout. If you don't like the task, don't do it. It's not like most of the Klingon recruit missions unlock anything particularly amazing.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2021

On the mission 'Partisains' you come to the part where Madran is in that Energy Cage in the middle of the room. Your captain has to go to 4 different stations and deactivate power while fighting swarms of enemies.

Those enemies spawn endlessly until you shut down the power at that station. To afk it, you put your Bridge Officers on Passive so that all they use is heals, and you equip a fast melee weapon like the Mek'Leth's. Walk over to the spawn point and enemies will begin to spawn. Target one, and right click on your primary attack to turn on auto attack. Your captain will start swinging wildly and all the spawns and as he/she kills them, they just respawn.

Basically right click, then walk away. If you want to maximize efficiency, bring 2 Engineers and 2 Science Officers and just equip them with things like Healing and Shield Generators, Medial Tricorder, Vascular Regenerators, and Nanite Health Monitors. You can stand there swinging all day.

Or you can actually have some fun with it and.. I don't know.. Play the game. :lol:

play the game? who does that? lol.

i tried right clicking before but not after having a target. imma try this for giggles in another location to see if i am doing it right.

I actually explained it kind of wrong.

Before the battle, right click on your attack #1 this sets it to auto attack. Then when the creatures spawn, jump into the fray and press 1 one time to start the auto attack. Your captain will then jump from target to target automatically attacking the closest enemy over and over until you have all the melee kills you need.

Personally, I never had the need to do the afk method.. I actually enjoy ground combat with the Mek'leth's, so I just played missions and TFO's and got all the kills I needed quite quickly. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.