test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why will you NOT be buying the Legendary Bundle?

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    It is priced too high
    I'm not sure Cryptic cares about all of our opinions, especially any negative ones, overall as it's been stated many times Cryptic along with any other business understand our "wallets".

I'm not buying the bundle because I think it's priced too high for what it offers & I'm disappointed in some of its contents that I think could've been easily refined.

Anyone that buys the bundle though I hope they enjoy, it doesn't take anything away from me besides possibly setting a subjectively bad precedent for future packs/bundles.

I'm still a bit impressed with Cryptic's reception of the criticism & reactions/changes so that's promising. I'll be jealous & yearning for some of those visuals.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    It is priced too high
    Mostly option 2 with a little of option 1.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Other.
    I wanted the B'Rel to have the perks the Legendary Defiant and Legendary T'Liss received, especially 5 forward weapons. The event raider is better than the B'Rel offered here!!! In fact, make the Temer have the B'rel skin!!!!

Also missing a Legendary D7. Neg'var, and the always requested K'Vort.

I was really chomping at the bit for this pack, but it's simply not of interest. Pathetic!
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I bought it. Definitely understand why others might not want to buy it though. You do you. Me? I wanted a more powerful Excelsior so bad and the B'rel and Vor'cha upgrades are nice too.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The Ships being offered do not include a ship that I want
    I bought it. Definitely understand why others might not want to buy it though. You do you. Me? I wanted a more powerful Excelsior so bad and the B'rel and Vor'cha upgrades are nice too.

Seems you posted in the wrong thread, as this one is specifically asking people why they didn't buy the pack. But here are a couple that would apply to your reasons for buying:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1260315/are-you-planning-to-buy-the-anniversary-bundle

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1260314/for-those-buying-the-anniversary-bundle-how-good-is-the-value-for-you

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Seems you posted in the wrong thread, as this one is specifically asking people why they didn't buy the pack. But here are a couple that would apply to your reasons for buying:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1260315/are-you-planning-to-buy-the-anniversary-bundle

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1260314/for-those-buying-the-anniversary-bundle-how-good-is-the-value-for-you

I didn't post in the wrong thread but good looking out.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    It is priced too high
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It's not a legendary KDF bundle.

Too true!
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Other.

I didn't post in the wrong thread but good looking out.

You did post in the wrong thread, as this one is specifically asking people why they will *not* buy the bundle, but nice try.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It's not a legendary KDF bundle.

Uber quoted.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    edited February 2021
    You did post in the wrong thread, as this one is specifically asking people why they will *not* buy the bundle, but nice try.

There's nothing restricting me from posting in this thread. As someone who bought the bundle (which I merely state as a qualifier), the primary purpose of my post was to state "Definitely understand why others might not want to buy it though." There's no need to get defensive and gate-keep this thread over the fact that I bought the bundle.
    It is priced too high

Please... let's not argue about posting here. This is a public forum. His post was off topic for this thread, but it only becomes a problem if we make it into one. If he gets confrontational, the moderators will handle him. If WE get confrontational, the moderators will handle us.

I'm glad he bought the bundle. This is not a let's stick it to cryptic thread. Just one to help them gather info on why those who will not have bought the bundle opted out of it. There are three polls. This one, one asking what level of value the bundle is to those who bought it, and one simply asking whether or not someone will be buying it. Between these three polls, maybe something useful for Cryptic/PWE's future consideration may be present.

Did you change your, sorry not sure about the terminology, name pic recently or is my computer goofing up again?
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    It is priced too high
    Please... let's not argue about posting here. This is a public forum. His post was off topic for this thread, but it only becomes a problem if we make it into one. If he gets confrontational, the moderators will handle him. If WE get confrontational, the moderators will handle us.

I don't care what he did, though I do reserve the right to call his behavior foolish. Having said that, in the grand scheme of things, neither his actions nor my condemnations matter.
    I'm glad he bought the bundle. This is not a let's stick it to cryptic thread. Just one to help them gather info on why those who will not have bought the bundle opted out of it. There are three polls. This one, one asking what level of value the bundle is to those who bought it, and one simply asking whether or not someone will be buying it. Between these three polls, maybe something useful for Cryptic/PWE's future consideration may be present.

I frankly believe the only thing they are paying attention to are the sales. They likely have an expected threshold. If this does or does not exceed that mark, it will determine how they progress. Honestly, I am more concerned about the worries shared by some people on Reddit that this may be indicative of farming the playerbase as STO goes under. I have no evidence of that, of course, but the disparity of value when compared to the price tag of this bundle - the overall "hollow" nature of the thing as a whole - implies a kind of... indifference on the part of the people who put it together. It leads me to believe that they no longer care about maintaining the good will of the community.
    edited February 2021
    Other.
    Not arguing, simply pointing out a fact but you're right and it's also pointless, so who cares, eh?
    The polls, all three of them, were certainly a good idea.
    And while you're right when you say, in your post after this one I'm quoting, that they can't say we haven't given them solid reasons to go with the numbers - something that people have been doing since the announcement, and again every time the stats for each ship got released - I'm afraid it's not gonna do anything.

Just take a look at the latest Ten Forward stream: they had total control over what to put in the bundle, and this is what they thought we'd buy, even with a lot of threads both here and on Reddit asking about something else entirely... but we're the minorities, aren't we? Except we truly aren't, because according to them the changes made to this bundle were because of all the feedback they got from both places, plus Facebook and Twitter.

All in all, it feels like this bundle was made to fail. So, once again, why?
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Other.

A complete disconnect with the wants of the player base? Also feel like they wanted to spend as few man hours on this as possible to maximize profit. At least that's the general impression I get when I compare this pack to last years.
    Tza0PEl.png
    Other.
    nikephorus wrote: »

A complete disconnect with the wants of the player base? Also feel like they wanted to spend as few man hours on this as possible to maximize profit. At least that's the general impression I get when I compare this pack to last years.

I agree with both hypothesis. And it's not a comforting thought. At all.
    kv1Ohsx.png

It is priced too high
    nikephorus wrote: »

I agree with both hypothesis. And it's not a comforting thought. At all.

Valid conjecture. My interpretation from viewing that livestream was that Marrone was the big influencer for this bundle's direction & ships so while parts of the bundle are nice, too much of it was off: parts, services, & stats. Granted some were improved upon after "feedback". Too much bare minimum effort with an almost expectation for us to buy it. I'll continue being impressed with the visuals from afar at those prices.

• snowpiercer#1188 snowpiercer Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    It is priced too high
    Hey, that's 480 packages of Ramen noodles!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I only want the ships, not the extra items
    If the Legendary Excelsior and Ambassador were in a pack i would most seriously consider that one, but the Klingon ships don't stand out for me and the rest of the pack just serves to inflate the price.

Simply cannot justify the cost vs reward for me.

Cryptic, drop the fluff and offer a pack with the 4 legendary ships for 10k.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    It is priced too high
    It's simply out of my budget nowadays.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I have a confession to make ... I hate myself but two hours ago I discovered my state had sent me a small stimulus ... against my better judgment I immediatly got the bloatware bundle ... again I hate myself for this ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    For me no D7 no D4x... no ship of the dead.

The KDF have Lockbox and promo ships that should be in this pack. Instead we got 2 fed ships added.

For the price.... imo this pack had to = last years offer. I don't care about keys and lobi if I want either I would buy key bundles when there on sale and stash the upgrades.

IMO this ship should have been... B'rel... Vorcha.... Negvar... HEGH'TA (I know, its been all but forgotten but for years lots of KDF players have fond memories of that ship... GIVE us an update already)... D7... D4x... and the Ship of the dead.

That imo is a pack that would have been worth what they where offering. The fed pack last year got a total of 10 ships many of which where promo pack ships like the dread and the discovery. This pack has none of that.. My suggestion would have been 6 KDF ships for almost the same price as last years fed only pack... with the same ratio of Cstore vs promo ships.

I would have bought that pack. It still would have been 4 ships less then last years fed pack... but there always seems to be a KDF premium doesn't there.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    Just to add going through this thread... the single biggest mistake Cryptic made was mixing Fed and KDF ships in a pack.

You instantly turned off 80% of players one way or the other. No one is paying the price your asking for 2 ships... and for the vast majority of players they identify as one of the other. I love playing KDF and if the pack was Brel Vorach D7 D4x.... I would have bit I have zero doubt. I would have felt extremely ripped off and hated myself but I would have. I am sure many fed main players feel exactly the same the other way.
    It is priced too high
    I have a confession to make ... I hate myself but two hours ago I discovered my state had sent me a small stimulus ... against my better judgment I immediatly got the bloatware bundle ... again I hate myself for this ...

Well, I'll laugh at you a little, but hopefully laugh with you more, but don't hate yourself for it. I hope you enjoy it & get enough value out of it.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »
    Just to add going through this thread... the single biggest mistake Cryptic made was mixing Fed and KDF ships in a pack.

You instantly turned off 80% of players one way or the other. No one is paying the price your asking for 2 ships... and for the vast majority of players they identify as one of the other. I love playing KDF and if the pack was Brel Vorach D7 D4x.... I would have bit I have zero doubt. I would have felt extremely ripped off and hated myself but I would have. I am sure many fed main players feel exactly the same the other way.

As a primarily Fed player with multiple Feds of all types fully maxed out level, Rep and spec point wise; (although I have a an Eng, Tac & Sci (IE 3 chars) in each existing faction including al 3 Fed faction, KDF and RR - although currently only my Eng Klingon is 'done in terms of Rep, Spec points, etc; and I only have one Eng Jem Hadar because really there's no reason to do another)...

The 'mixing of ships wasn't the turn off - it was the overall price (too high for what they offer) because they didn't offer a 'the 4 ships only' option (like they did with the 2020 10-pack of ships) - because I don't think much of ANY of the 'extras' <--- It's all useless to me as I have all the T6 ships I want - and you CAN'T (unless Cryptic screws up like they did the first day of the Titan's T6 release - you CAN'T use a T6 100% off coupon on a newly released T6; and yes, I used one of the T6 coupons I had sitting from the first 'year log' event that rewarded one to get it; but I figured it was because Cryptic - and lo and behold, next day they admit it was a mistake, but hey at least they didn't remove the ship from those of us who took advantage of said mistake.)

But yeah for me - the price for what they offer here is the reason I passed because beyond the 4 ships, I don't care about said 'extras' given what Cryptic wants to charge for everything. The ships themselves weren't the issue.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Nothing in this bundle interests me
    None of the ships in the cash shop, lock boxes or promo pack interest me. I never got attached to the "legendary" ones.

I followed the story of the crew that was on them, not the ship. Without the crew the ships and stations are just floating hunks of metal waiting to be recycled.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.