test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Custom 'discovery Klingons' and 'STO era Worf' costumes

stocostumes#8412 stocostumes Member Posts: 53 Arc User
Because Cryptic has not yet made normal boff versions of Discovery era Klingons, those who wish to have a full diso-KDF crew cannot actually do so.

However, we have created a set of custom 'discovery klingon' costumes (made using the alien species), and these costumes can be used to simulate a full disco-KDF crew.

Here are pics of the updated costumes:

https://imgur.com/a/weGZ5m8

These costumes are based on the following characters from the TV show as well as STO originals, in order of appearance in the picture album: T'Kuvma, L'Rell(season1), Voq, Kol, L'Rell(season 2), Kol'Sha, Tenavik, J'Ula, Akar, and a generic Mo'Kai warrior.

You can download the saved costume files, as well as see pictures of the slider settings here.

Please note that the the costume files/pictures for all of the characters that actually appeared in the show are in the "Discovery" folder, while the files for J'Ula, Akar, and the Mo'Kai warrior are in the "STO Characters" folder.

***Update***

We have also created a custom 'STO era Worf' costume, based on the appearance of Worf in this game:

https://imgur.com/a/QuITRR7

Unlike most of our costumes which use the alien species, this costume uses the standard Klingon species due to the new hairstyles which are exclusive to that species. This is also a KDF faction costume, due to the costume parts used.

The saved costume file as well as pictures of the sliders settings are available here in the "STO Characters" folder, and this costume can be loaded into any standard Klingon species character or boff.

It should also be noted that this costume does use some 'premium' costume parts, such as the Kelvin timeline klingon uniform which comes from the lobi store but can also be purchased on the exchange. Because there is currently a lobi sale, this might be a good time to pick one up if you want those parts. In addition to the kelvin uniform, parts are also used from the Bortasqu' ceremonial uniform, which comes from the fleet store.

***Update 2***

We have created this new character design inspired by the legendary Martok:

https://imgur.com/a/jOyXKZs

Like our previous "STO era Worf" costume, this costume is made using the actual Klingon species due to the new hairstyles and complexions that are exclusive to that species and were needed to create this look.

Live Long, and...Qapla' :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    wow they look good :o
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    The forums censors 'Bof.fing'? Fantastic.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Except there is a Discovery era Klingon BOFF in the C-store.

One, only one, and it can't be customized in any way either.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Nice work! Thanks for sharing this. Space Barbie is the real endgame.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Wow, those 9 are impressive, well done.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

I think that word has an alternate definition.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.

Interesting, I always thought that meaning was pronounced "buffing", I guess I just misheard it. Just rewatched a clip from Babylon 5 (literally the only time I've ever heard 'boff' used that way) and yep, I definitely misheard it back in the day.
    eaY7Xxu.png

It does, but it's not a word that needs censoring.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Weird I just saw this on reddit, I wish we had the option to make albino disco klingon toons, I guess I'll settle with making Kahless 3.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

It does, but it's not a word that needs censoring.

The problem with auto censors like that is that they're either overly sensitive or not sensitive enough and that's been like that since forever so it's by no means a Cryptic only issue.

As for the OP it would be interesting to see what a "season 2" T'kuvma or Kol would look like (yes I know both characters died in season 1, but I meant "redone in the style of season 2"), also what J'Ula in the season 2 look would look like.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    As for the OP it would be interesting to see what a "season 2" T'kuvma or Kol would look like (yes I know both characters died in season 1, but I meant "redone in the style of season 2"), also what J'Ula in the season 2 look would look like.

It wouldn't be drastically different, slightly toned down makeup and the addition of hair
    eaY7Xxu.png

Identical. The only addition series 2 made was facial and head hair. L'Rell's makeup was changed half way through series 1 to remove her cheek ridges and series 2 reduced her skull height to match Kol and the other series 1 Klingons but there are still high skulled Klingons in series 2.

They used all the same prosthetics for Kol in series 1 as they did for Kol-Sha in series 2, the only difference was the skin colour changed from purple to tan and added hair.

#TASforSTO

• stocostumes#8412 stocostumes Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Update:

We have also created a custom 'STO era Worf' costume, based on the appearance of Worf in this game:

https://imgur.com/a/QuITRR7

Unlike most of our costumes which use the alien species, this costume uses the standard Klingon species due to the new hairstyles which are exclusive to that species. This is also a KDF faction costume, due to the costume parts used.

The saved costume file as well as pictures of the sliders settings are available here in the "STO Characters" folder, and this costume can be loaded into any standard Klingon species character or boff.

It should also be noted that this costume does use some 'premium' costume parts, such as the Kelvin timeline klingon uniform which comes from the lobi store but can also be purchased on the exchange. Because there is currently a lobi sale, this might be a good time to pick one up if you want those parts. In addition to the kelvin uniform, parts are also used from the Bortasqu' ceremonial uniform, which comes from the fleet store.

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

It wouldn't be drastically different, slightly toned down makeup and the addition of hair

Yeah I was thinking more on the lines of what color and style would their hair be, I do remember that changes to the make up where more on the side that we don't get to see (Mary Chieffo said in one of the online panels I've seen that season 2 make up was thinner to allow her to emote more, though that could have been the mid season 1 change too).
    edited June 2021
    Update:

We have created this new character design inspired by the legendary Martok:

https://imgur.com/a/WAn75bR

Like our previous "STO era Worf" costume, this costume is made using the actual Klingon species due to the new hairstyles and complexions that are exclusive to that species and were needed to create this look.

The saved costume file as well as pictures of the sliders settings are available here in the DS9 folder, and this costume can be loaded into any standard Klingon species character or boff.

Post edited by stocostumes#8412 on
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    I posted Kahless on your reddit page, here's the link https://www.reddit.com/r/stocostumes/comments/np4y1a/boreths_secret_recipe_for_kahless_clones/

however I recently did some editing on my own in the Tailor afterwards, I just haven't posted an updated version yet nothing to drastic just had some problems getting the height just right. and made his head a bit wider.
    I posted Kahless on your reddit page, here's the link https://www.reddit.com/r/stocostumes/comments/np4y1a/boreths_secret_recipe_for_kahless_clones/

however I recently did some editing on my own in the Tailor afterwards, I just haven't posted an updated version yet nothing to drastic just had some problems getting the height just right. and made his head a bit wider.

Very nice work, thank you for sharing!

We have now created a 'Gowron' inspired costume as well:

https://imgur.com/a/8cir9hu

This is also a KDF species costume to make use of the new hair options B)
    High rez image of the Worf, Martok, and Gowron designs...
    rk1z9y73cp571.jpg
This discussion has been closed.