test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Sales announced (2/18)

westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,479 Arc User
Not sure how to link the posts, but there are posts on the official Facebook account announcing:

20% off ship sale (including bundles)
20% zen charge bonus
50% off lobi store sale

These of course coinciding with the addition of the new Legendary Bundle.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    Not sure how to link the posts, but there are posts on the official Facebook account announcing:

20% off ship sale (including bundles)
    20% zen charge bonus
    50% off lobi store sale

These of course coinciding with the addition of the new Legendary Bundle.

What a startling coincidence! :|

There are no coincidences...
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

-20% on ships & bundles is weak-sauce, but Cryptic doesn't want a current sale to exceed what they're trying to sell this 2021 "legendary" bundle for neither, a big yawn to Cryptic.

-50% lobi sale is excellent, the best as of date & I think only the 2nd time, but not surprising given Ambassador Kael's subtle hint last week, kudos to Cryptic.

+20% zen charge bonus I'm a bit confused on. Didn't Cryptic used to have it that with the larger amount of zen you purchased the larger the bonus? Did Cryptic quit on that? Where's the incentive to buy larger amounts of zen?

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The ship + bundle sale is a nice surprise, I'll definitely be getting the Vor'ral now in addition to my planned Recon Destroyer bundle purchase.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Meh. Some bonuses are significant, but I've already got too many ships I'm not using.

I'm not interested in getting more ships that will mostly remain unused.

Gives us a new play mode, like summoning ships. We know they've worked on it. At least then I'd have a reason again to get new ships. Or move to something else, like developing new species and so on.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    The only thing I might make use of, is the lobi sale. I've got some new characters who could use the new ground weapon and the console from the Elachi set.

Besides that, I see no good reason to spend here. :/
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well now I have to figure out if I want a lobi ship.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Hopefully there is no hidden caveat to the zen bonus this time. The last one had gaps so purchasing some of the levels, like it turned out the $20 level which seems to be the most popular with the non-whale crowd, did not actually generate the bonus zen.

It makes me not trust the sale this time so I am hesitant to chance straining the budget for it.

+20% zen charge bonus I'm a bit confused on. Didn't Cryptic used to have it that with the larger amount of zen you purchased the larger the bonus? Did Cryptic quit on that? Where's the incentive to buy larger amounts of zen?

There's also a permanent bonus on the larger amounts, when purchased through Arc, and they stack. They have never included mentioning that in sale postings.

Oh okay lol I was trying to figure out how this "flat-rate" would be any better compared to the "buy more get larger bonus". Glad to hear they stack.

No reason to buy any zen since not buying the bundle but good to learn, thanks.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    -20% on ships & bundles is weak-sauce, but Cryptic doesn't want a current sale to exceed what they're trying to sell this 2021 "legendary" bundle for neither, a big yawn to Cryptic.

-50% lobi sale is excellent, the best as of date & I think only the 2nd time, but not surprising given Ambassador Kael's subtle hint last week, kudos to Cryptic.

50% Lobi sale = making the Lobi in the bundle look more attractive.

I'll admit it's smart marketing by Cryptic to usher buyers in feeling like they're getting more.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    more desperation, trying to get the anni bundle to sell.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    $200 will net ya 27,000 zen... 2k less than the last time I bought and 1K less than normal sales. Guess normal sales are 25% bonus.
    edited February 2021
    I used to like when they had the double sales where the ship discount brought the cost down so that a $20 plus the bonus was enough to buy a T6.

Last time I tried that though the hidden gotcha meant it was not enough (though by flushing all the dil I had available at the time onto the exchange (despite the execrable rate) I had just enough to cover the difference). This time I am going to wait and see if others report the same bonus failure before buying any zen.

The Lobi part of the sale looks nice though, it is just a matter of which character do I get something from that for... :)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I used to like when they had the double sales where the ship discount brought the cost down so that a $20 plus the bonus was enough to buy a T6.

Last time I tried that though the hidden gotcha meant it was not enough (though by flushing all the dil I had available at the time onto the exchange (despite the execrable rate) I had just enough to cover the difference). This time I am going to wait and see if others report the same bonus failure before buying any zen.

The Lobi part of the sale looks nice though, it is just a matter of which character do I get something from that for... :)

there are no bugs... you get the 20% bonus if you charge thru ARC. Use their launcher or go buy from this website. Up top of page says "Charge"
    tigeraries wrote: »
    $200 will net ya 27,000 zen... 2k less than the last time I bought and 1K less than normal sales. Guess normal sales are 25% bonus.

That is interesting, but I'm not surprised. I think Cryptic has been diluting sales & sale amounts a bit so would make sense if they're in that mind-set to dilute the charge bonus too. It's helpful knowledge to keep track of such things.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I buyed the T6 nx... no convinved on that ship..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    I'm not seeing the cross-faction equipment packs in the Lobi store. Though I was looking using my new Klingon recruit, and he's only level 17 so far. Could that be the reason? Is there a level requirement for those cross faction packs?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    I'm not seeing the cross-faction equipment packs in the Lobi store. Though I was looking using my new Klingon recruit, and he's only level 17 so far. Could that be the reason? Is there a level requirement for those cross faction packs?

You can't get those now. You have to buy the ships.
    > @foxrockssocks said:
    > You can't get those now. You have to buy the ships.

What? Somewhere I missed that news.That's BS.

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
    > @djf021 said:
    > > @foxrockssocks said:
    > > You can't get those now. You have to buy the ships.
    >
    > What? Somewhere I missed that news.That's BS.

-Captain James T. Kirk
    > @foxrockssocks said:

It is the downside of the "any faction can fly any ship" thing they went to in the latest big patch.
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > It is the downside of the "any faction can fly any ship" thing they went to in the latest big patch.

Ah, ok. That's really disappointing though, to make it harder to acquire.

-Captain James T. Kirk
    > @foxrockssocks said:

It is the downside of the "any faction can fly any ship" thing they went to in the latest big patch.

Well, let's be clear here, it was a decision Cryptic made to cancel the alternative methods of acquiring the cross-faction equipment causing players to have to buy the ships now if they want the console, trait, etcetera & Cryptic knew that ahead of time.

The new mechanic of "piloting any faction ship" didn't cause it. Of course I'm not sure it would've made much sense to keep the alternative method of acquiring such equipment in-game after that except to make it easier to be acquired in those cases. In essence Cryptic just made the bill larger to the paywall.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2021

There's also a permanent bonus on the larger amounts, when purchased through Arc, and they stack. They have never included mentioning that in sale postings.

You seem well-informed. May I needle you for additional details?

1) Can steam players purchase zen through arc?

2) How does the bonus work? Like, you buy 100 bucks worth of zen, and automatically get $120 worth (or more, if there is a stacking bonus)?

*Edit* Actually, I was able to answer my own questions. Although the bonus is very nice (approximately $70 worth of extra zen at the $200 mark), you'd still wind up spending at least $150 to get the proper amount to buy the legendary pack (although it's arguable that the smarter thing would just be to buy the $200, defeating the purpose entirely):

AWUlmUW.png
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    re: steam/arc... yes. Both access the same game account.

re: "(although it's arguable that the smarter thing would just be to buy the $200, defeating the purpose entirely)"

Keep in mind though that you would have the leftover zen to spend on other items.

This is true. And were you to do $100 + $50, you'd have enough Zen to get the pack. But, the flipside is, the bonus would be much less significant.
    There was a time when if you bought $200 worth it was the same bonus as the $100 bonus, so there has been some progress in bonuses for some circumstances imo.
This discussion has been closed.