test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Cannot change this character's species" message on outfit change

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
When attempting to adjust colors on some BOFF outfits I haven't edited in some time, I get that message on an android, a Cardassian, and K13 human. About a dozen other BOFFs on the character with roughly the same outfits cause no trouble. I believe I have seen a similar message on other of my characters recently as well but did not heed it.

Any tips?

Comments

• mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I fixed the android and Cardassian by saving the outfits, leaving tailor, and loading the new outfits before purchasing. However, that does not work on my K13 because when I try to change her outfit it instead applies any changes to my Elisa Flores instead...
    On another character, one of my androids will not take an outfit with the above method, alternating the species error with the "old costume data" even on new save attempts.
  • krellend20krellend20 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I get this message consistently with all KDF BOffs, unless I enter the interface via the recruitment pop-up.
    I had some success by making the BOFF part of my away team, leaving to character select screen, returning to tailor to do the edit, and then removing them from away team.
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    This is really bad on Alien boff's specifically. It isn't just an old boff issue being effected with the recent patch. Even new boff's will be locked into an outfit which makes a lot of rare/ultra rare boff's unchangable. I also am seeing costume parts missing on one arm and not the other.
  • cyberking22cyberking22 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Greetings, spacemen.

I have an Orion female BOFF on my Klingong Recruit, but unfortunately the game gave me the ugliest one in the entire Beta Quadrant. This brings me to today, where I tried to make that Orion the prettiest in the all quadrants: I modified her facial features, her body, I chose the sexiest uniforms in existent, and finally I clicked on 'Save outfit' and then 'Purchase'.

I received the error message "You can't change the race of the character" and the changes were not applied at all.

Excuse me, WHAT? What do you mean 'You can't change the race...' if the only thing I did was changing the skin color, the hair and the eyes? She's still an Orion!

I do it again, maybe it was simly some lag issue..."You can't change the race of the character".

I use one of the presets available for the Orion (only for the face, tho), and that is accepted.

WHAT?

I disconnected from the game, after I spent 30 minutes for that only to see the game trolling me. Are any others having issues like this? Any ideas how to solve it?
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Yea... I thought they fixed that bug. I got a Kobali on my Klingon Recruit I wanted to put in something other than the Kobali outfit, and can't because of this.

@cyberking22 Would you like this thread moved to the bug section of the forums or merged with an existing bug thread on this issue?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I thought they fixed that bug.

They said they did in the patch notes, but whatever they tried didn't actually fix it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Yea... some bugs do tend to be more stubborn than others.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • cyberking22cyberking22 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea... I thought they fixed that bug. I got a Kobali on my Klingon Recruit I wanted to put in something other than the Kobali outfit, and can't because of this.

@cyberking22 Would you like this thread moved to the bug section of the forums or merged with an existing bug thread on this issue?

You can move it into the bug section or in any thread where they talk about the same bug, thanks.

I initially posted it here, because I thought if I had done on the Bug section, maybe it wouldn't have been read until months passed; also I wasn't sure it was a known bug.

Thank you for the replies. :smiley:
    You're welcome.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    it also affects console versions.
    Thread Merged