test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Duty Officer Assignment Issue

ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
edited February 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
OK, couldn't run an assignment from a NPC at the Fleet Res Lab, but instead the assignment went to my "Personal" assignments and I could run it from there.

Then had a repeat of this at the Star Base for handing-in commendation. Wouldn't run, went into Personal assignments and ran from there.

Edit: Unable to run "Pour drink" from Bartender. But guess what? I could from the Personal assignments.
NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
Website
Discord
I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela

Comments

• ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Looks like all the last three bug reports are the same thing. This seems to only relate to Assignments that you get from NPCs.

Edit: Only one working so far seems to be Daily R&D Assignment - but that one doesn't affect your available Doff slots, which seems to be the common denominator.
    Post edited by ajm1067 on
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • argoz#3848 argoz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Ah didn't notice they went to personal, thanks at least i can start them.
    Same issue here.
  • calfencalfen Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I confirm the bug.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    This behaviour has been happening for a long time on Consoles - is it now happening on PC too? I haven't noticed anything...

It used to be, long ago, that when a NPC gave your a duty officer assignment, it would open up the doffing system with that assignment shown.
    A while back, something changed, and when you accept a duty officer mission from a NPC, it flashes briefly on the screen and drops you back into the game-world. You then need to access the Duty Officer interface manually and find the assignment in your Personal list.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    edited February 2021
    This behaviour has been happening for a long time on Consoles - is it now happening on PC too? I haven't noticed anything...

Well if you're playing on Console...

Anyway, not everyone reads the forums and not everyone has realised the assignments are going into the Personal tab to do, so the frustration for some from the last Doff related bug has been compounded.

So even though there is a workaround, it needs a prompt fix.
    Website
    Discord
    I'm bumping this partly because people are just rushing on to post without checking other posts.

Also, the Devs are aware of the issue.
    Website
    Discord
    foxman00 wrote: »

You know, I wasn't inclined to actually moan at the Devs until I saw that response, because it belies an attitude there that also needs a 'fix'.

So, "you use them a lot". Seriously? You're implying that the game players are at least partially responsible for new bugs because they bother you so much and so often about bugs in game, that they tire you out and you make mistakes!!!

Here's an idea that would solve that problem. Be better. Get better. Or get better people. Don't create so many bugs. Don't ignore bugs and don't take so long to fix bugs. Then maybe you won't be 'used so much'.

Website
    Discord
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    99 noted bugs in the code, 99 noted bugs.

Take one down, patch it around, 102 noted bugs in the code
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    TLDR: The described bug (and makeshift bypass) exists for all DOFF assignments generated via Interact including dialogs.
  • michele#6190 michele Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    How do I find turn over a captured Changeling in the personal assignments?
    I am getting tired of carring this fella about on my Discovery Era Klingon.
    None of the other ones from NPCs work either.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    ajm1067 wrote: »

Well if you're playing on Console...
    I do play on Console, but I also play on PC too since around 2010.
    Any doff mission we pick up from NPC has always gone into our 'personal' tab - it's just that we've never had to go looking for it!
    On Consoles, this 'bug' appeared a long time ago - when you pick up a doff mission, it flashed briefly and then you had to go into the Duty Officer system manually and find it in your Personal tab.
    I'm hoping that if/when they fix it on PC, we'll see the fix on consoles too - eventually.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/