test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When do you finish the Tutorial for the New Klingon Recruitment Event

When will one know they are no longer doing the tutorial. Usually with the Jem and Rom, it is when you choose who you ally with. It has been so long since I built a new toon from scratch that doesn't pick their allegiance so when will I know that my character has finished the tutorial and of course if that is the point I need to reach in order to still gain recruit event rewards on the kdf toon and those on the same account. Still playing with my other toons and want to finish them to 65 before pouring time in this new KDF Recruit for the special recruitment event that start Feb 2021 and will end near the end of the month in Feb.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Have you seen this thread ?

It's important to get the device and finish all the tutorial missions to avoid any possible future issues with your 2255 kdf recruit so you can get back to it later.

A few points from the other thread that everybody seemed to agree on -
    A safe bet would be to finish the tutorial missions up to and including talking to J'mpok on Qo'noS to get "Duties of Command".
    The mission tracker has the word 'Tutorial:' in front of the missions that are considered part of the tutorial. Once those are done, it should be safe to stop.

Journey to Qo'noS would be the last KDF tutorial mission and is followed by Duties of Command which is the first mission in the Empire story arc. I would still talk to J'mpok to get the Duties of Command mission and then you should be safe.

List of Tutorial Missions

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I finished all missions thru Friend or Foe. Once the full mission list was unlocked to me, I figured was a good time to stop.
  • Options
    I have got to the part where I met with J'mpok (sp?) in the great hall and he tells you to go to the exchange and talk to a ferengi about Chgren location. You get your first kit mod (grenade - photon) and you have only 1 bridge officer KGen.

In regards to the link, I didn't know if it was up to date including the actual name of the missions since I haven't built a KDF toon in years.
  • Options
    Okay to make things easier than my descriptions is to list the missions. I have a toon that has completed the "Journey to Qo'noS" and awarded the 2000 ec.

The 2nd toon (notice toon not account) has finished the mission "Duties of Command" and now has been given or made available to him, "The Hunt is On"

I did notice on the source of the info the gamepedia said Journey To Qo'nos as Arc Story: Tutorial. They said the game was updated in 2020 but were the missions in place in 2020 or 2021? For example that console which gives you your klingon recruitment device with things to accomplish and rewards. So is the source I refer to still up to date?
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User
    'Journey to Qo'nos' is the last KDF tutorial mission so it must be completed by 2255 kdf recruits and turned in.

I'd recommend accepting the mission 'Duties of Command' from J'mpok which comes next and is the first story arc mission (story arc = Empire) to further ensure your 2255 kdf recruit has both received the unique device and completed the tutorial.
    is the source I refer to still up to date?
    The STO wiki appears to be up to date.

The missions in question in this thread and the linked related thread above were actually checked in-game to help ensure players don't encounter future issues with their 2255 recruits if they'd like to get back to them later.

You have to receive the unique recruitment device in your inventory and complete all of the tutorial - then you should be good :smile: